PDA

View Full Version : Sweetspotting an RT

cloud113
08-20-2004, 02:36 PM
I just got my Uni-mount from a pro store and the guy put a nitro tank set at 500 psi into my RT and he just like held down the trigger and it was rapid fire. I never was able to do that before with my tank set at 800 psi. Any suggestions on how I can do this because it was the coolest thing I've ever seen with my paintball gun! lol

ghideon
08-20-2004, 02:55 PM
Here ya go:

http://zakvetter.com/Pages/Paintball/Automags/Rapid_Fire/rf_disclaimer.html

Use with caution.

Chronobreak
08-20-2004, 03:07 PM
full auto at 500 psi....somehow i dont believe it...u need atleast 600 for the gun to shoot and if it did at 500 i think it would have MAD shootdown

ghideon
08-20-2004, 03:46 PM
Last time I was at the field trying to chrono my RT ULE w/ULT the bleeping thing went full auto at the chrono. I'd never seen it before, and the tank output pressure was at 800psi.

The field owner (old school paintballer at that) suggested I drop my velocity. I'd never heard of that. Gave it an adjustment, and it wasn't going nuts when I got it chrono'd at 270fps.

So, in short, your velocity may have been high. I've been shooting Mags for almost three years now, and I'd never seen something like that happen until last week.

slade
08-20-2004, 03:53 PM
with my mag (setup in sig) the bounce i get depends on the torque that i put on the rear grip frame screw. i dont exactly understand it, but if i play around with the torque i put on it i can get about 15-18 bps sweetspotting. the less torque that i put on it, the lighter the pull is and the more bounce there is, but if there is too little torque the bolt sticks. i think it has something to do with the fact that the valve and body is aluminum and bends slightly.

Adrenaline_Junkie
08-20-2004, 04:05 PM
full auto at 500 psi....somehow i dont believe it...u need atleast 600 for the gun to shoot and if it did at 500 i think it would have MAD shootdown

What he said, i dont think you could get rapid fire at 500 psi. Mags will barely shoot if it all at that pressure.

50 cal
08-20-2004, 05:31 PM
You won't get a full air charge and release at that input. That's why it's acting full auto.