PDA

View Full Version : Braided hose lenght?

stoupa
08-21-2004, 02:50 AM
I'd like to make simmilar setup to this, with quick disconnect. How long is the braided hose on this minimag? 4 inches?
Thanks.

mkmckinley
08-21-2004, 07:08 PM
bump. I wanna know too

brianlojeck
08-21-2004, 09:05 PM
yeah, that's about 4", but if you have a Hopper Left Powerfeed, you can't do that. it needs to be about 6 or 8 inches long, and loop over the powerfeed, not nearly as sleek looking.

If you can find something for sale called the Venom Highline, that was a hard-tube version of the same thing, that fit a powerfeed body properly. I love the one I have on mine...

stoupa
08-22-2004, 06:24 AM
yeah, that's about 4", but if you have a Hopper Left Powerfeed, you can't do that. it needs to be about 6 or 8 inches long, and loop over the powerfeed, not nearly as sleek looking.

If you can find something for sale called the Venom Highline, that was a hard-tube version of the same thing, that fit a powerfeed body properly. I love the one I have on mine...

Thanks, you're right, I forgot that I have a HL powerfeed. Couldn't the hose be placed under the PF plug? So that the elbow on the vertical adapter would be angled lower? Or would that require such a short hose, which nobody makes? I haven't seen anything shorter than 4".
Maybe with shorter elbows, those box-shaped, it could fit the HL?

brianlojeck
08-23-2004, 11:36 AM
you could potentially bring the hose UNDER the powerfeed, but it doesn't look good.

It can't be tight to the body because the 4" SS hose is pretty inflexible, it sticks down pretty far.

I've also had trouble getting a quick disconnect to work right because of the inflexibility of the hose, and the powerfeed getting in the way. There simply wasn't enough "give" in the system to connect and reconnect the hose easily.

It's not the prettyiest thing in the world, but looping over the PF is about the "best" way to do it. (as I recall, that was the suggestion in the original Classic Powerfeed Mag manual, and if AGD can't think of anything better...)

boy, I sure do love my Venom Highline. ;-)

Battlewear
08-23-2004, 10:11 PM
Does any one have a picture of this Venom Highline?

I went searching on the net with poor results and no pictures LOL!

brianlojeck
08-24-2004, 02:06 AM
http://www.lojeck.com/highline.jpg

LB_NF
08-24-2004, 03:05 AM
You can also use macroline fittings, then you can cut the hose to the preffered lenght and it'll fit under the PF plug. One limit - macrline is not good with CO2, it can leak. But - if you run your mag on HP this works quite good.

Battlewear
08-24-2004, 02:35 PM
You can also use macroline fittings, then you can cut the hose to the preffered lenght and it'll fit under the PF plug. One limit - macrline is not good with CO2, it can leak. But - if you run your mag on HP this works quite good.

Hmm very interesting that you say that..

A few weeks ago I installed a Bottom line Macro and used it right away with CO2 and it worked like a dream..

This past weekend, I took my marker out and hooked a tank up remotely and INSTANTLY it developed a leak from the fitting.. I checked, the hose IS pushed in all the way and it seems fine but it is leaking around the locking ring.. I am wondering if that fitting is no good or if I damaged it with CO2.

I am also considering putting Macro on the top line to replace the Steel braided hose and connection.. In the middle of a game on the weekend the quick connector on the top hose disconnected and I was basically bunkered out because I couldnt fight back.. I know I take the valve out every time after playing to clean it and the Macro SHOULD be ok, but do you think repeated removale and reinstallation would cause problems?

brianlojeck
08-24-2004, 03:24 PM
The basic problems with macroline are:

1: constant removal can weaken hose
2: cheap macroline and fittings are not rated to high enough working pressure to deal with unregulated co2 and HPA tanks set to RT-Pro working pressures.

if you can crank down your classic-mag's airtank to below 800 you should be ok, or if you buy really good hose you should be ok, but macroline does not hold a candle to stainless steel, especially if you like to tweak the input pressure of your gun up high to get reactivity...

steel aint' beautiful, but it's good, and you can wrap it in heatshrink tubing to improve the look

Mr.mike
08-24-2004, 06:55 PM
Ive got a pf left minimag and i guess this has a special valve or something but the air hose comes off the left so it doesnt have to go over/under the pf. You could try getting a valve like that.