PDA

View Full Version : Paintball Videos, what format do you want to see?

jayloo
08-21-2004, 04:11 PM
List your preferred format mov, mpeg ...

Also whould you download a 100mb video just to watch a good vid or would you rather have a smaller 30mb low res video? Or have the option of both?

You answers will dictate the format and quality that I start releasing my original videos (of tourneys, rec play, stunts/stricks, marker performance and the like) on my site and on AO.

Adrenaline_Junkie
08-21-2004, 04:13 PM
Every format and option of both! :D

Crazy
08-21-2004, 04:14 PM
1) As long as windows media player can play it, i'm down, i hate Real Player.
2) high quality is best, size does not matter

Load SM5
08-21-2004, 04:15 PM
I like wvm myself. I would also rather wait a tad longer for a good hig res movie than a hard to make out low res one. But I'd say have both.

Adrenaline_Junkie
08-21-2004, 04:18 PM

He said it perfectly.

fire1811
08-21-2004, 04:20 PM

ditto

jayloo
08-21-2004, 04:35 PM
If I am not mistaken win. media player can play everything but quicktime movies (.mov files). You just need the proper codec. These codecs are usually the problem.

LittlePaintballBoy
08-21-2004, 04:43 PM

Exactly as Crazy put it. I'm not against Quicktime, however, but I hat realplayer with a passion.

Automaggot68
08-21-2004, 07:17 PM
I'd prefer MPEG, MOV.
I'm a quicktime user, but I also have Win Media.
I just prefer Quicktime, it's always been alot faster for me.

Dryden
08-21-2004, 07:32 PM
I'm in agreement with everyone ^^^ I really wouldn't care what format it is in as long as it isn't Quicktime, in particular since qt decoders aren't available for a lot of players or operating systems. I'm running Linux and (oddly enough) .wmv would be just fine with me since it works perfectly in MPlayer.

File size doesn't particularly matter. The bigger the better. :) I don't care if its a gig or more as long as it isn't 15 seconds in a 200x100 pixel window. If it's worth watching, people will find a way to download it no matter how big it is. Of course, you might want to check with your bandwidth provider first, or find a couple mirrors.

Kyser
08-21-2004, 08:27 PM

Same with me the size really doesnt matter its all about the quality, and yeah windows media player compatable is a must!

space_weazel_45
08-21-2004, 09:30 PM
Realistically I have seen much better results out of .mov(quicktime) format that I would prefer that, but for those cyber sissies that can handle downloading a simple program, I suppose options would be nice.
As for size, to be fair to those who cant get/afford high speed, options there would be nice to.

ojhspyro89
08-21-2004, 09:44 PM
Make the 2 formats because us high speeders like the high res stuff. I love long high resolution videos with rock music. Disturbed and Godsmack seem to fit the parts the best all the time. None of that whiny "punk" stuff that 300 fps does.

CoolHand
08-21-2004, 09:48 PM
I'd prefer decent sized vids in a good .wmv or divx format. EDIT: Upon further rumination, I too also would like to voice my disdain for the RealPlayer, and its cursed format.

Also, a bit OT, but does anyone know how to just save the damned vids from Jayloo's site?

All I can do is stream them right now, and I haven't been able to find a real link to just save the target of, everything is pointing to an HTML redirect.

I already looked in the FAQ on his site, and I didn't see anything flashing "The Answer is HERE!", so I thought I might see if the man could give me a pointer, or even just tell me he doesn't want people doing it (thus the inability to).

Any assistance or instruction would be most appreciated.

BTW, good job gathering all that into one place. A fellow could spend days there, just poking about. I salute you sir! :hail:

sneakyhacker420
08-21-2004, 10:37 PM
.avi or .mpg/.wmv

anything that doesnt use quicktime or real player...

jayloo
08-22-2004, 04:32 PM
I'd prefer decent sized vids in a good .wmv or divx format. EDIT: Upon further rumination, I too also would like to voice my disdain for the RealPlayer, and its cursed format.

Also, a bit OT, but does anyone know how to just save the damned vids from Jayloo's site?

All I can do is stream them right now, and I haven't been able to find a real link to just save the target of, everything is pointing to an HTML redirect.

I already looked in the FAQ on his site, and I didn't see anything flashing "The Answer is HERE!", so I thought I might see if the man could give me a pointer, or even just tell me he doesn't want people doing it (thus the inability to).

Any assistance or instruction would be most appreciated.

BTW, good job gathering all that into one place. A fellow could spend days there, just poking about. I salute you sir! :hail:

Right mouse click and save as on the phpto you used to clik and stream the vid should be sufficient. The direct link for all vids and photos are in details under the bottom on the screenshot of the vid. I have not tried to hide and full path links on the site. In the future you may not be able to hotlink to vids but that is another issue altogether. I will also add some details to the FAQ about the video section to help ease others pain.

If your still having problems Im.PM or email me with more details and I will get any issues resolved QUICK.

Thanks for all your input.

Looks like the divx and mov formats are the choice. I can make both available for most vids on the site.

Also looks like most most folks will wait for the longer high res downloads.

Any other suggestions?

Halliday
08-22-2004, 08:17 PM
Any format is fine, I just want quality. I have a cable modem so 100mb files are fine :dance:

AGDlover
08-23-2004, 01:18 AM
something that can be easly seen by dial up/slower computers and i like watching em on my real one player

XbeasleyX
08-23-2004, 01:40 AM
Anything NOT .mov it seems the file size just balloon for a small vid.

PS. People should donate money to me to get my cable back, god I hate DSL. :shooting: DSL

:cheers: Cable.

:cry: Me minus cable.

Chojin Man
08-23-2004, 01:57 AM
i like high quality videos broken down into 3-4 smaller files. i think its the best comprimise for high and low speed connections.