PDA

View Full Version : i think i might hang on to this one for a while

-Tab
08-21-2004, 07:39 PM
just picked this one up.

she's crazy fast, light, quiet, accurate and so on

lmk what you guys think

oh ya......any recommended feednecks?? i really need to replace the one on there.

http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/7000/e-cocker21877_rs.jpg
http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/7000/e-cocker6271_rs.jpg

danoxide
08-21-2004, 07:40 PM
i think you should get a mag :D

nice marker...

:cheers:

-Tab
08-21-2004, 07:42 PM
i think you should get a mag :D

nice marker...

:cheers:

lol....i actually just traded my mag for this one.

sorry guys, but i'm done with mags. go ahead...flame me ;)

Glickman
08-21-2004, 07:47 PM
hows the speed and blowback (hate to use the word, but "recoil")

cause im thinking about blading a blue/clear reflex

-Tab
08-21-2004, 07:51 PM
hows the speed and blowback (hate to use the word, but "recoil")

cause im thinking about blading a blue/clear reflex

the speed is insane - only i don't think it's legal. i can't seem to find a sweet spot too often but my friends can.

the only thing i don't like about it is the kick. the lpr is tuned correctly, but it still kicks pretty bad. it lessens a lot with a halo(or hopper for that matter, but i've only had a halo)

but overall, it's an awesome marker. i'd recommend blading your reflex.

one question for you....
do you have an aftermarket feedneck on yours??
if so, what is it and how do you like it. what would you recommend.

thanks

Glickman
08-21-2004, 08:00 PM
nope, just have the stock neck. but then again i havent used in in months, thats gonna be one of the first things i get if i make that my primary, but ive seen alot of cheap ones go on ebay.

68magOwner
08-21-2004, 08:03 PM
the speed is insane - only i don't think it's legal. i can't seem to find a sweet spot too often but my friends can.

chances are its not, cockers, and all closed bolt markers are VERY prone to mechanical bounce

Pballwizz
08-21-2004, 08:44 PM
Man, thats nice, my only suggestions:

Slap a Uni on it...
Get a Samurai Trigger

Other than that thats one of the nice E-cockers Ive seen.

amoeba
08-21-2004, 08:46 PM
you are fine with the highrise feedneck. it can feed a lot faster even with a revvy on.
otherwise.. if you go halo/egg just go for low-rise feednecks

dirty_canadian4894
08-21-2004, 09:56 PM
nice cocker are you gonna do the e2 upgrade when it comes out?

i have a ccm hirise clamping feed neck and i love it

1ofkind
08-21-2004, 09:59 PM
Boo at the E mag j/k, I get that alot myself. Anyway its nice I used to have the biggest crush on dye cockers, they pretty much came out around when I brought my first paintball gun. I like it! :cheers:

-Tab
08-21-2004, 10:04 PM
you are fine with the highrise feedneck. it can feed a lot faster even with a revvy on.
otherwise.. if you go halo/egg just go for low-rise feednecks

i have a halo and an egg. i think i'll go for a clamping low rise. the one i have may be leading to halo jams. a ball could possibly be getting caught inside the feed. that's about the only thing i can think off. i've tried 3 halo's on it and they all jammed. i tried 3 halo's on an nyx and dye matrix and the worked fine.

thanks for all the comments guys!!

EDIT: Pbwizz - i might throw a uni on it if i ever end up getting a dye throttle.

shadowfalcon78
08-22-2004, 01:25 AM
ahh, my old cocker. its very nice. i didnt have so much kick on it

FragTek
08-22-2004, 02:00 AM

That's going to be your biggest problem with the eblade. Since the design of the eblade is :tard:ed with the optical trigger sensor no matter how you set it up, you'll always be able to find a sweetspot and bounce it till the cows come home. I absolutely HATED (with a deep firey passion) my Eblade because of that, and I also hated the vision eye, it slows ur gun wayyyyy down and doesnt even work half the time.

My suggestion, sell the Eblade, Race it, and be happy with it forever :)

Otherwise, that's a sweet arse gat, I love the look of the Dye Reflex's!

Steelrat
08-22-2004, 02:14 AM
The kick is because there is so much cocking mass. Send the gun to freeflow jackal to have the back block milled to accept bolts other than the craptastic DYE one. Once you get a slik, ff nylatron, or jackal bolt in there, it should be a bit better. Maybe have them mill the block out, because it looks heavy.

FragTek
08-22-2004, 02:20 AM
That backblock does look extremely heavy now that I look at it more closely... It looks like a P-Block gone bad... They took all the extra weight saved from the bottom of the backblock and just added it to the top *smart* :rofl:

SpecialBlend2786
08-22-2004, 02:32 AM
hahaha holding onto it for awhile?
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=149201
looks just like yours :p

-Tab
08-22-2004, 11:46 AM
The kick is because there is so much cocking mass. Send the gun to freeflow jackal to have the back block milled to accept bolts other than the craptastic DYE one. Once you get a slik, ff nylatron, or jackal bolt in there, it should be a bit better. Maybe have them mill the block out, because it looks heavy.

hmmm....i just may have to do that. i really hate how they designed the dye bolt. not a good idea. it's beginning to cause wear, and becauser of the design, it's not gonna be easy replacing.

Special Blend - second person that caught me ;)

i'll hang on to unless i get a heck of an offer.