PDA

View Full Version : Pumps

B.A.M.
08-22-2004, 07:32 AM
I'm looking to get a pump to screw around with. Wat kind should i get or which is the best. THX

RRfireblade
08-22-2004, 07:46 AM
Stacked tube - Palmer,Sterling,Illusion or Sniper2

Single tube- Carter(Dye),Phantom maybe old PMI

In that order. :)

shartley
08-22-2004, 08:03 AM
You may also post what price range you are looking at. Pumps, just like any other type of marker, have different markers to fit different price ranges.

Also, are you looking to go Stock Class or just looking for anything? This too will help determine what is the “best” for you.

RRfireblade
08-22-2004, 08:24 AM
You may also post what price range you are looking at. Pumps, just like any other type of marker, have different markers to fit different price ranges.

:D

That's was the round about point I was going for.

:p

Spaceman613
08-22-2004, 08:25 AM
New or used?

price rage?

stock class or direct feed?

And what markers do you currently own, for barrel selection.

Send me an email, I could point you in a few directions and do my best to help you out.

oh and RR, PMI's were stacked tube, nelson's are single tubed...

RiddalinJunkie08
08-22-2004, 09:01 AM
I have a VSC (vertical stock class) phantom and I really like it. My wallet really likes it too, last time i played, I used about 150 balls. You can get a good phantom for about $199 from Archer. http://www.archerec.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=index he seems to have the best prices. I would also suggest getting the .45 frame. I have heard they are better. :shooting:
-Mark

OysterBoy
08-22-2004, 09:43 AM
I sold my mag awhile ago, scored a PGP and Phantom VSC with 50 CDN leftover (Schwing, pizza and beer on me!) and I have only gotten the PGP so far, but it is the most fun I've ever had. My only grip is the whole 12g thing, I wouldnt mind buying a box for a stock class tourney, but for rec play I'm glad I have a 4oz c02. Plus, whats cooler then having criss-crossed shotgun bandoliers loaded with 10-round tubes ? :headbang:

toymyster
08-22-2004, 01:06 PM
The Phantom will probably give you the most bang for the buck!!! I my opinion, it is the best!! I absolutely love mine, so I am somewhat biased!!!

B.A.M.
08-22-2004, 02:45 PM
im looking for something in the 200 range give or take a few $. But can u also give me some websites i can buy them off. ANd ya i want new

B.A.M.
08-22-2004, 02:52 PM
Ya i looked on the archer sight and those r the best prices ive seen. But wat would be the diff if i get the .45 trigger to the other one.

personman
08-22-2004, 03:09 PM
http://www.whitewolfairsmithing.com/phantom.htm

He has great prices. You can get the exact same one I have for 230 plus shipping.
Its the third one under the in stock list.
http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=71331&stc=1

BD_Paintball
08-22-2004, 03:28 PM
i got a pump mag that i love. its nice when you dont have to buy new barrels since i already own a mag. also you can make it so its semi if you want to. if you see a pump mag around i would pick that up.

B.A.M.
08-22-2004, 04:07 PM
kool ya. i really like playing with my rt ule but i also want a pump so i can screw around with it and so itll save me $ on paint. :cheers:

RiddalinJunkie08
08-22-2004, 08:32 PM
As far as the grips, I have the .45 which seems to be the same as a lot of other pball guns. I have no personal experience with the M-16 grip so I can't really give an opinion, but I have heard that the .45 is a nicer feel and supports the adjustable T-stock (which I have found to be pretty nice), and the M-16 grip is just hollow plastic (I believe. If Im wrong, tell me and Ill change it.) All in all, I think the .45 frame is worth the little extra it costs. Also (since this will prolly come up) the 11 inch stock barrel is really nice. Doesn't really need upgrading.
-Mark

Spaceman613
08-22-2004, 09:43 PM
websites

www.bunkerboyz.com
www.phantom-online.com
www.paintballmaxx.com (you may have to email Brad for prices)
www.chipleymachine.com

and as you can tell, i am biased towards the first link ;)

RiddalinJunkie08
08-22-2004, 10:14 PM
http://www.archerec.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=index best prices I found...
-Mark

zeroack
08-22-2004, 11:09 PM
Take a look over at www.phog.org and look around. Ask some questions. Feedback speaks for it's self.

Zero

angelpena
08-22-2004, 11:14 PM
Check out the Phog for sure!

B.A.M.
08-23-2004, 07:06 AM
ya it does cost a little more and thx guys :cheers:

lbonettosd
08-23-2004, 07:32 AM
I just got a pump mag and played with it for the first time this weekend. It's SO much fun, I'd definitly look for a pump Mag.

FutureMagOwner
08-23-2004, 08:49 AM
personally i picked up a really old SL-68II for 75 bucks and it is a cool gun, however it looks like someone sand papered the inside of my barrel so i need a barrel adapter to put a different one on but i dont know where id get one lol

slasherdan
08-23-2004, 10:17 AM
personally i picked up a really old SL-68II for 75 bucks and it is a cool gun, however it looks like someone sand papered the inside of my barrel so i need a barrel adapter to put a different one on but i dont know where id get one lol

Don't know it you'll find it but Lapco might have something for you. Or you can contact Tippmann directly and find out what threads work on the SL68 ....

slasherdan
08-23-2004, 10:22 AM
A series of different PMI pumps.

One I just got back from Palmer ... the rest are going there as well.

Phantom and Palmer pumps are the way to go as far as I'm concerned.

If you can get a sheridan pump off e-bay for cheap, you can send it in to Palmer for a few upgrades/services and you end up with a NICE pump. Granted when my 68sc came back to me I think I ended up sending little over $400 TOTAL ... but if I jsut got the basics, I would have spent like $220 ... that's for the gun, the Hone and Tune, the Ultra Quick Strip .....and a fast change CO2 ... you'll end up with a NICE PUMP ...

Granted I threw in there Ball Feed Dentent, 6" Pump, Spring fed 15 round clip, Nickel plated, Auto Trigger, Vertical ASA, CO2 Quick Change as well as the previous mentioned option ....

Phantom's and Illusions are the next step I would go though. But I LOVE the Sheridan.

ZapTheMad
08-23-2004, 11:11 AM
I've been trying many different pumps lately. Some friends of mine (Sacramento Pump Day) have like 50 different pumps between the two of them. Palmer, Sniper, Phantom, PMI, Sheridan, and countless others. After trying just about everything, I like the Phantom VSC best.

1ofkind
08-23-2004, 12:23 PM
I'm looking to get a pump to screw around with. Wat kind should i get or which is the best. THX
I have the most fun playing paintball with a pgp pump

TDonovan
08-23-2004, 12:26 PM
VSC phantom is my favorite

B.A.M.
08-24-2004, 07:04 AM
taking a look at all of them i love the phantom

angelpena
08-24-2004, 07:20 AM
Very good choice! It's and old school gun you can find parts for!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v369/angelpena/P8130015.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v369/angelpena/P8130016.jpg

B.A.M.
08-24-2004, 07:25 AM
Alright another question. for the phantom is there a diff between the vert air or when the co2 cartige comes out the back.

thereal_JT
08-24-2004, 08:33 AM
when it comes to where the air is it is personal preference as is with the grip frame. i personally like my VSC with the vertical air and the 45 frame with no stock.

thats my opinion and preference, you might want to find a place or a friend that will let you hold it and stuff.

JT

craltal
08-24-2004, 09:11 AM
The only difference between the back ASA and vert is hosing. You can buy the parts to convert if you like. You can also buy the body to convert from stock to direct feed.

If you would like to play around with a pump mag, let me know as I am lightening my collection for a "gaining on me way too fast" wedding.

Vern1
08-24-2004, 01:31 PM
Greetings,
Besides the Phantom Forum, try these dedicated pump/older marker sites:
www.pumpplayers.org
www.stockclasspaintball.com
www.mcarterbrown.com
www.vintagerex.org or com, don't remember which.
I have used tons of different pumps.
The Phantom and Illusion are the most versitile and can change from SC feed to hopper and 12 gram to tank the easiest.
If you already have a cocker handy, throw a pump kit on it for under 35.00.
If you don't like it, change back to semi and sell the pump kit.
Stacked tube markers like Snipers, Illusions, Sheridans serve me best as I am used to that style of marker.
I still have a blast with Phantoms, Buzzards and older Line SIs, Elites, etc.
Hope this helps.

B.A.M.
08-24-2004, 03:08 PM
at my local field there is some ppl that have pumps. but idk y but i like the vertical air cuz i think it looks better

B.A.M.
08-24-2004, 03:10 PM
ya im still going to keep my mag but i still would lov a phantom.

B.A.M.
08-24-2004, 08:01 PM
well i asked me mom if i could get a pump and i got shot down like the lufftvaffa but she said maybe in a couple of months unless i can buy it from some1 in cash :cry: