PDA

View Full Version : best spacer length for short trig pull?

Omicron
10-23-2001, 03:55 PM
what is the best spacer length for a short trigger pull?

Cha0tic
10-23-2001, 04:11 PM
different mags need certain size spacers to work right, or else you will have leaks. i think they come stock with a 220 size. that should do best.

Xzion
10-23-2001, 05:30 PM
The spacers dont really give a lighter pull, well, not enough to really make a HUGE difference. the most ive ever experienced on a stock A.I.R. valve is only an EXTREMELY slight difference in the feel of the trigger pull, I wouldnt call it lightning exactly just a very minute change to the feel.

virus
10-24-2001, 05:30 PM
ok to get a lighter feeling trigger on a mag is to either
1. go witha 2x trigger, it gives the illusion of the trigger being lighter....

2. get a spacer kit... install the longest spacer and gas up the mag.... does it leak down the barrel.. if yes degass and install next shortest.... etc... untill there is no leak down the barrel....

using #2 the pull will get a little shorter(granted it may not be noticible) and make the trigger feel a little lighter

hope that helps

Omicron
10-24-2001, 06:49 PM
like on this site? it has a spacer kit....and what the hell is the ANS Wizard Valve???? does it actually lighten/shorten your trigger pull?

this is in canadian dollars, thats why it might seem pricey

Xzion
10-25-2001, 02:55 AM
Stay away from ALL aftermarket valve parts and such, nothing you can buy will really make the valve any better, AGD has already maxed it out with the stock design. The only thing aftermarket parts will ensure is that you spend money for something that will do little if anything at all, and increase the chance of things going wrong with your gun in the long run.

fenris69
10-26-2001, 10:10 AM
'NO AFTERMARKET PARTS THEYRE THE DEVIL!!!'
i think not. if you want to use something, then go ahead. plenty of it works. is it BETTER?? probly not, but then it's all a matter of perspective. Sugar pills can make a sick person feel better as well. Then there are some that actually work. ie. ANS foamie bolt. it sure doesnt hurt. or the phase 2 back? or the 8 hole mod? if they play better as a result...then it works :) personally i go all stock(cept a freeflow on/off top, and a 8 hole valve...but its an oldy) i like my 6yr old stock bolt even...when im shooting decent paint. but i gotta say, it blends week old advantage better than my mothers Oster.