PDA

View Full Version : Buy second-hand parts in US

shredder74
08-22-2004, 10:58 AM
Hello' On the forum I see very interresant part for automag, but I leave in France and I don't know how to make a deal with a particular for second-hand parts , how to pay , how to be sure to receive my part, how to be sure the de dealer receive my money and how many for expedition charges ? :confused:

FreakBaller12
08-22-2004, 11:05 AM
Well first off let them know you live in France.
To be sure you get your parts, your going to have to trust him, ask for his feedback and thy're will be a thread of people saying wether or not they are a good trader or not.
You can also do a third party, where you ship both of your stuff to a middle man and then he ships it back out. This makes sure both parties get their stuff.
He will give you a price like say 80 shipped for something. That means you send him a 80 dollar money order, or paypal him 80 dollars. Shipped means shipping charges included.
As making sure you guys recieve your stuff, just keep communicating to each other through PMs and you should have no trouble.

abunkerer
08-22-2004, 11:14 AM
Check the guys feedback, I think that the people here on AO are trustworthy. If you send a money order You'd probably be ok.
Stay in touch with the trader through the thread, emails or PM.
There's also Paypal, some people can even accept credit cards on their accounts.
as stated above ^ for big $$ things I also reccomend a third party "middleman", an eskrow service.

shredder74
08-22-2004, 11:18 AM
Can I pay with Traveller Cheque?

Muzikman
08-22-2004, 11:22 AM
That would be up to the seller. I wouldn't see why not as it's as good as money.

lew
08-22-2004, 11:51 AM
Use the services of a third party trader. That will ensure that you don't get screwed over in the deal.

toymyster
08-22-2004, 01:18 PM
First of all, welcome to AO!!!
Make sure you are in constant communication with the seller, Agree on the payment form, and you may have to pay extra for shipping the item all the way to france!!! Hope this helps!!!

lord1234
08-22-2004, 03:16 PM
as a trader i would be loth to take a travellers cheque. Mainly because of the amount of scammer travelers checks there are out there now....I would much prefer Paypal which is an international form of payment...you can also use your credit card for that(even your AMEX card).