PDA

View Full Version : something sounds fishy?

pbfan89
08-22-2004, 04:28 PM
well i posted an add on paintball classifieds for my silver bullet and i got an email from this guy who doesnt live in america. he said that he would buy my gun, he said that he would send me a check for 4,000 dolors and for me to cash it and to send him the change.i asked for 135 and he agreed and he also said that he would give me an additionl 100 doloars for dealing with him. it sounds to good to be true. but it sounds a little fishy to me.

what do u think? :tard:

xXHavokXx
08-22-2004, 04:30 PM
Scam.

ramennoodles
08-22-2004, 04:36 PM
don't do it. the check is fraudulent (sp?), it will clear at first and you will get the money, but when the bank later finds out that the check was fraudulent, you get in trouble and he gets his money scott free.

SpecialBlend2786
08-22-2004, 04:40 PM
this is a classic scam that has been used for awhile. basically you send him the change, and then the check bounces, screwing you over.

Magglerock
08-22-2004, 04:42 PM
well i posted an add on paintball classifieds for my silver bullet and i got an email from this guy who doesnt live in america. he said that he would buy my gun, he said that he would send me a check for 4,000 dolors and for me to cash it and to send him the change.i asked for 135 and he agreed and he also said that he would give me an additionl 100 doloars for dealing with him. it sounds to good to be true. but it sounds a little fishy to me.

what do u think? :tard:

This is what is commanly refered to as "The Nigerian Scam". Yes, its too good to be true. Report it to the FBI, then let him know that you spoke to the FBI.

TeamNausea
08-22-2004, 04:49 PM
yeah scam youll get stuck with the 4 grand to pay for so dont do it

Ballin with a MAG
08-22-2004, 05:56 PM
^^^^

true that i have had a bike on a classified ad on line and some one offered to do that to me and also they offered to do that to a friends spyder gun he was selling but luclly i saw a thread eather here or pbn and i kewn that it was fraud and i told my friend not to do it so i saved him some money

dont ever do it when they say they will pay you more that what you are asking for it expecially with western union there has been fraud using them lately

FreakBaller12
08-22-2004, 06:06 PM
I even think there is an article on warpig about the "nigerian scam"

edit: there it is http://www.warpig.com/paintball/articles/news/060104nigerian.shtml

WARPED1
08-22-2004, 06:55 PM
One of the oldest scams out there.....................

danoxide
08-22-2004, 07:21 PM
hmm ive never ever even heard of it(say that 43934578 times fast,psh) good thing i read this post now i will know not to do it...

:cheers:

Halliday
08-22-2004, 08:09 PM
Do what you can to string him along. Make him prove he's legit by sending you a picture of him holding a sign saying, "Where Quality is on backorder." Make sure to use a business address and not your real name.

Post the pix here too :)