PDA

View Full Version : wtf is agg

dirty_canadian4894
08-22-2004, 05:34 PM
ive been out of paintball for the last year or so and just got back in about 2 weeks ago and i know this might sound like a dumb question but wtf is AGG?? i see it all over the place but i dont understand

scrumpy
08-22-2004, 05:42 PM
I love the use of "wtf" in a post questioning the meaning of "agg". From my understanding "agg" is a paintball term for "cool" that was first used by HK.

LudavicoSoldier
08-22-2004, 05:44 PM
Its a term that some So Cal "ballerz" made up to differentiate (IMHO) themselves from all the other tourney heads. I guess its cool if your one of those type of players, but I personally find the whole idea (tailfeather!? WTF!? Gay!?) pretty damn stupid. The term comes from Aggro, which was/is used by skaters to term themselves as aggressive.

Additionally, I find it pretty damn funny that camo is "agg", seeing as the tourney scene has been trying to do away with the war image for a long time now. So would that make all of the camo clad reccers "agg"? BWAHAHAHA

Double additionally, IMHO, "agg" is just more tourney elitism. "Our camo is so much cooler than your camo."

Adrenaline_Junkie
08-22-2004, 05:52 PM
AGG is a term used by certain people of the pb community to mean cool or the "in thing". IMHO it is very annoying and stupid but some fools get there jollies by usin the term. Personally i think the term should be banned from any pb forum by penalty of death because of its pointlessness. I think that sums it up lol. Flame away you AGG loving wierdo's.

nt2004
08-22-2004, 06:35 PM
I think you are better off not knowing anything at all about agg.

SlipknotX556
08-22-2004, 06:51 PM
What is agg, well I can sum it up for you in one picture....

This is Gator Glaze, he defines what agg is.

http://www.paintballstar.com/events/album84/psp_paintball_chicago_2004_150_5019.jpg

Or, if you want a written defenition, it means "cool".

-=Squid=-
08-22-2004, 07:06 PM
Good job slipknot. *Applause*

Magglerock
08-22-2004, 07:06 PM

http://www.paintballstar.com/events/album84/psp_paintball_chicago_2004_150_5019.jpg

Actually, the term was used early in the development of "extreme" sports. Its short for aggressive, as in "wow, that dude's line was aggressive". It has long since fallen-out of style among its origonal users, and has now been picked up by a bunch of ghey ballers known as the "HK Army". Don't use it unless you want to be looked at as a poser.

spacedtedybear
08-22-2004, 07:09 PM
It's some lingo made up by a bunch of idiots in order to make themselves look cool, and to evidently make up for their lack of intelligence and other traits that would be inherent to having a brain.

-=Squid=-
08-22-2004, 07:10 PM
Just so you know, AO isnt the best place to ask about agg.

Athius
08-22-2004, 08:14 PM
AGG is the gay way to say cool.

nt2004
08-22-2004, 08:39 PM
Just so you know, AO isnt the best place to ask about agg.
thats because it isnt populated by a group of HK fanboys and posers like another forum that will remain nameless :ninja:

SlipknotX556
08-22-2004, 08:41 PM
thats because it isnt populated by a group of HK fanboys and posers like another forum that will remain nameless :ninja:

I have seen my fair share of HK supporters on AO.

-=Squid=-
08-22-2004, 08:42 PM
How are they posers?

tony3
08-22-2004, 08:44 PM
Wow, so much hate....so much hate.....What has happened to AO :(

dirty_canadian4894
08-22-2004, 08:45 PM
thanks guys i think i understand ;) and i think im gonna have to agree with yall about it being the gay way to say cool because i already didnt like the HK. so ya thanks. :cheers:

ao> :cuss: :mad: :shooting: AGG me> :wow: :cheers:

nt2004
08-22-2004, 08:47 PM
How are they posers?
The kids who have never even seen an HK player outside of PBN but dress like they are from HK and buy all the HK merchandise just because its the latest trend on PBN? Yeah they are posers. I'm not saying everyone who likes HK is a poser but there are alot on PBN right now

nt2004
08-22-2004, 08:49 PM
I have seen my fair share of HK supporters on AO.
Yeah but they have a totally different attitude here than on PBN. If you say anything remotely bad about HK on PBN you will be flamed into the ground by a lot of kids who are only supporting HK because its the biggest trend on PBN.

EDIT: sorry for the double post

Evil Preacher
08-22-2004, 08:53 PM

Does it mean that you can play on with a hit. I thought that was just cheating. :nono: Guess I need to learn what is new too.

penguinpunk555
08-22-2004, 08:57 PM
How is he playing on witha hit?

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
08-22-2004, 09:27 PM
just saying "agg" sounds so gay imo.
"DUDE! That was so AGG!"
gay gay gay

sneakyhacker420
08-22-2004, 09:34 PM
AGG is short for the term Aggro, a word broght from the UK over to the west coast, where it has dominated urban culture and paintball, as a definition for cool or hip

i personally think its gay, but it DOES have a meaning

aggro - prounced like rag, but the r is an a and then ro, like in roll

edit: for a full definition - go to urbandictionary.com, or search the small talk forum of PBN