PDA

View Full Version : Uneven teams

Mighty Wingman
08-22-2004, 07:51 PM
So what if the teams are uneven? Rumor has it that based on pre-registration, Shatner's team is much smaller. Will they try to even them out somehow??

MXS
08-22-2004, 08:46 PM
Yes they will.

Tom's team registration is currently cut off.
Until the sides even out, all players who register now or walk-on will be placed on Shatner's side.

This information has been posted elsewhere.

All Wound Up
08-22-2004, 10:08 PM
I have several questions/statements regarding this:
1. So when will we know what the sides are really looking like?? This is going to make planning a real pain at this point. I know that TK's side has been planning and recruiting for a while now. That is why we are playing this game. Am not sure we would be going except Bobby asked us to come play for him. (I am getting excited about shooting capt Kirk and the boy cow though :bounce: )
2. How many more people typically walk onto a game of this nature? Is it going to be enough to even up the sides, or is all of Bobby's and everyone else's (on TK side) recruiting going to be meaningless because William Shatner doesn't have enough friends to come out and play? I think that if Pacman was playing this time is would not be an issue. He and Bobby would have been at all the games trying to get the organized teams on their respective sides. :cuss:
Personally I think that if Shatner had done a better job of recruiting this would not be an issue. If they are still uneven tell him to bring some of his celebrity friends out to play, we can always use more targets. :shooting:

AutomagRT1483
08-22-2004, 10:58 PM
Yes they will.

Until the sides even out, all players who register now or walk-on will be placed on Shatner's side.

I have a question again Mother. My dad and my buddy Smoke signed up last week Monday for Tom's side. Will they be on that team or can I expect on playing against them?

wyn1370
08-23-2004, 07:12 AM
aren't the teams always uneven?

slasherdan
08-23-2004, 08:31 AM

Usually there is a huge number of people on Shatner's team .... I'm surprised we have so much support to Tom this year .... Not that I'm complaining!!!

I would just like to know what the current numbers are this year so far ...

Also ... WHY is Mancow saying he's going up against Shatner this year when all the info says he's WITH him???? Guess this is his way of pushing the game.

PirateGent
08-23-2004, 06:19 PM
Usually there is a huge number of people on Shatner's team .... I'm surprised we have so much support to Tom this year .... Not that I'm complaining!!!

My guess is the odds down in Vegas and A.C. don't favor Shatner pulling off the Hat Trick of a third victory?

Edward Tunis
One of the "boys from Jersey"

MXS
08-23-2004, 09:18 PM
I have a question again Mother. My dad and my buddy Smoke signed up last week Monday for Tom's side. Will they be on that team or can I expect on playing against them?

If they signed up Aug. 16th, and specified Tom's side on their form, they will be placed on Tom's side.
If they did not specify a side ... *DOH!*

:)

AutomagRT1483
08-23-2004, 09:22 PM
I was just wondering cuz JoAnn from AGD said they might go to Shatner. But my Dad called you today I do believe and my buddy emailed you. So I guess it all works out. Thanks. :D

MXS
08-23-2004, 09:35 PM

The first year, when there were three sides, the numbers were not quite even due to the novelty of having William Shatner in charge. But, think about it, his side was out-numbered almost 2 to 1 (just like Tom's and Mancow's) until the alliances were created (then later broken).

Last year, the team numbers were pretty much dead even at game's start.

This year, Tom's folks have done a heck of a job recruiting to get his "revenge."
We expect walk-ons and late registrations to even things up a bit.
:)

We're preparing for 1,000 players at this point.

MXS
08-23-2004, 09:38 PM
WHY is Mancow saying he's going up against Shatner this year when all the info says he's WITH him???? Guess this is his way of pushing the game.

Who can predict the unprecitable (Mancow)???

:shooting:

Evil Preacher
08-23-2004, 10:33 PM
Who can predict the unprecitable (Mancow)???

:shooting:

I can...

"Dead man walking"

Or

"I am not touching Preacher's ... again"

slasherdan
08-24-2004, 08:32 AM
We're preparing for 1,000 players at this point.

I hope we hit more than that .... the first year when it was at CPX I think the total number was around 1300 to 1400 ....

1000 would make this no bigger than the Big Game at Paintball Sam's.

deathstalker
08-24-2004, 08:36 AM
1000 would make this no bigger than the Big Game at Paintball Sam's.
Not quite, as the biggest Big Game at Sam's embiggened between 725 and 760 players.

I know your point, though. :)

slasherdan
08-24-2004, 08:46 AM
Not quite, as the biggest Big Game at Sam's embiggened between 725 and 760 players.

I know your point, though. :)

Back in the days they used to reach 800 to 850 .... Ahhh .... back in the days!!!

Mighty Wingman
08-24-2004, 09:00 AM
Still, a thousand people is gonna make this a fantastic game! Hell, as excited as I am about this, I'd play if there were only 20! :clap:

slasherdan
08-24-2004, 09:09 AM
I've had a slow season this year ... this will be my second game only .... I'm hoping to hit a field this weekend if the wife lets me ... :)

RenagadeOfFunk
08-24-2004, 10:00 AM
Yes they will.

...i foresee some suicides on shatners side... :p

I will problaby go check shatnerball out for a few hours since i live in Chicago...i wish i could go but it was either shooting people or getting a car...

...it was a hard choice...but then i justifed it by being able to hit stuff with my car, playing PB for 4 days straight while i was in Miami, againm this summer (Their paint is CHEEP out there, i mean its only $40 a case), and now being able to go places other than the 7-11, Quick-Mart, White Hen, Batting Cages, BMXing around the neighborhood, ect...