PDA

View Full Version : Where do you shop?

Aliens-8-MyDad
10-23-2001, 05:12 PM
Where do you guys shop for the best deals? online (if so which site) or at a proshop near you?

PAINTBALLA01
10-23-2001, 05:35 PM
www.paintballgear.com
www.paintballgeeks.com

wyn1370
10-23-2001, 05:38 PM
888paintball.com
be sure to call them though, don't do an order over the internet. they usually give a better deal over the phone.

dawump
10-23-2001, 05:51 PM
I havn't used them yet, but I discovered

http://www.tmientertainment.com

They use the technology that I work with on their store which is how I came across it, and I don't even know if it is open, but the prices are very good it seems, and the number of items is impressive.

Keith

xmetal2001
10-23-2001, 06:23 PM
Online I shop at Action Village(Paintballgear.com) mainly, but sometimes at 888paintball or i have shopped at paintballwarehouse.com. Also shop4paintball.com seems like a pretty good site.
Whenever i can though i try to shop at my local proshop(Paintball Atlanta Retail Store). Gotta support the local field :)

Russ
10-23-2001, 06:37 PM
I'm a firm believer in shopping at a local shop. I like to deal directly with people. I've had a couple bad experiences dealing with big online stores.
My 2 favorite places are...

Capital Paintball, in Coventry, RI. Great prices, and Dave, the owner, is a real decent guy to deal with.

Paintball Wizard, in Tewksbury, Ma. Again, good prices, good service, nice people. www.paintballwizard.com

I feel that even if you have to pay a few extra bucks, personal service is well worth it.

dawump
10-23-2001, 06:43 PM
I agree with supporting local businesses, and still love to buy online to save money if I have done my own research. What I HATE to see is people going into their local store, checking things out and wasting the owners time and THEN buying online. That isn't cool.

Keith

Load SM5
10-23-2001, 06:45 PM
I use www.888paintball.com
www.countypaintball.com
or www.G3PB.com (Terry at G3 Paintball is the best)

e21bgl
10-23-2001, 07:04 PM
I usually shop from I&I Sports ( http://www.iisports.com) and Skan-Line ( http://www.skanline.com ). These 2 stores have less problems about order - shipping to Thailand.

PigSweat
10-23-2001, 08:01 PM
I ONLY buy from my local store:

1.) Support local business

2.) If there's a problem you know where to go

3.) You can often get better deals or haggle

Trunnion
10-23-2001, 08:08 PM
paintballgear.com sometimes will give you a better deal if you call. i got my mag from there, and ended up somehow with an extra $50 or so from what the price online stated. 888paintball is good too. though i plan on shopping locally when the new indoor place opens the monday before thanksgiving (yay! local paintball!) : )

Restola
10-23-2001, 08:13 PM
copaintball.com
never let me down either online or at their parma store.

Shaft
10-23-2001, 08:17 PM
Paintballgear.com for nearly everything paintball I've ever bought. Even after sales tax I come out ahead and UPS ground is like second day for me.
I try to support local retail shops (I could argue that paintballgear.com is local), but they never have the right color or the right brand etc. and it costs more.

PigSweat
10-23-2001, 08:25 PM
another main reason I shop locally is that I live in Canada, and customs is a PITA!

Army
10-23-2001, 10:08 PM
I'm just a few minutes from Big Boys Toys www.bbtpaintball.com

The owner is, well, not a very personable guy, but his shop is usually staffed with local team players:cool:

boggerman
10-24-2001, 12:18 AM
I only wish I could shop locally, the only local guy is just to expensive. He wants $25 a bag(!) for brand X paint, but he'll cut you a deal and go to $75 if you buy a whole case. Not to mention he is a Kingman dealer only, so my mag must be a piece of crap since it is not a spider. So far my best experiences online have been with paintballgear.com, good prices and quick turnaround, either online or by phone. 888paintball.com is second, they are owned by National Paintball and this is why they sell 32 Degrees cheaper than most other online sellers(32 degrees is National Paintball owned also).

Major Ho
10-24-2001, 06:35 AM
Pev's Paintball Baby! They have all the neat new cool stuff... That and the fact that I can go in and shoot the bull with Rob. :D And their pricing is comparable to most online places if it isnt then it is justified by their lil coupon book and lifetime labor and guarantee. Shop Pev's :D now featured in Rockville, MD all the way down to Stafford, VA
This isnt considered spamming is it?:cool:

Shaft
10-24-2001, 06:45 AM
Big Boys Toys is near me as well. They are one of the places that never have the exact thing I need.
I recently visited Fox Paintball in Aurora for the first time. That store is huge - has a lot of gear - except what I was looking for.

udtseal
10-24-2001, 07:54 AM
Pev's!!!! Rob is awsome. :D

Potatoboy
10-24-2001, 08:05 AM
I have a lot of nice shops locally, however none of them are very 'mag friendly.

P&P- Makers of the SuperCocker: Mostly overpriced Dye stuff becuase they "Custom" Annodize just about everything themselves. Sometimes they're tolerable. I hear they do some real nice work with cockers. ActionVillage resells some of their products. Kidna snooty staff.

Futureball Paintball- Home of Mantis Gear: Pretty nice stores, they operate an indoor field and an outdoor field, their prices are not bad, but they too don't have a lot of 'mag stuff. Nice staff.

Killer Paintball- Little store that opened up recently: I like this store, the guy Ken that runs it is pretty nice, and he'll do his best not to rip you off. Great staff!

All of these stores are in the Metro Detroit area, there are a few more, but I haven't been to them.

If anyone wants more info on these stores, let me know.

StevoC
10-24-2001, 02:50 PM
bbtpaintball.com - some operators have bad attitudes, but fairly good business

888paintball.com - decent

paintball-paradise.com - good, but no mag stuff

skanline.com - good

paintballgear.com - no problems yet

copaintball.com - good

Nitroduck
10-24-2001, 02:55 PM
I run my own store, so I shop at the store I run, Fury Paintball Supply (of Ohio)

Dubstar112
10-24-2001, 03:10 PM
Nitro, is there any connection between your stor Fury and a Fury store in syracuse NY?

alf
10-24-2001, 10:19 PM
bbtpaintball.com - price matching!!
acepaintball.com - some good prices, use them to make bbtpaintball match
actionvillage.com - tried 2 orders, screwed them both up
copaintball.com - good
cepaintball.com - good
ravenusa.com - the BEST lookin jerseys i have EVER seen
skanline/iisports - WAY high!!
888/800paintball - good prices, but havent ordered from them
smartparts.com - sent an email to the customer service about a month ago...STILL havent responded

-alf

slayer
10-24-2001, 11:53 PM
I do a lot of business with paintballgear.com and this guy I know. I buy paint,air, and trinket type stuff(oil, nipple caps, tank covers, fittings,squeegies etc) from my local shop. I know everyone says shop local, but with an AGD gun I have confidence that it will work and not need to be teched by someone. Furthermore I don't have a Rob or any other mag god around so I can fix just about as much as a guy in the store can. I can't airsmith but I would send my equipment to AGD for any cutting/or very fine adjustments because they are the ONLY ones that I have full faith in. Furthermore I work too hard to pay more money for the same things.

Yipe
10-25-2001, 05:12 PM
Well... for some strange reason I shop at paintball-online.com ;) I have ordered from paintball-discounters, paintballgear and bbtoys in the past, however.