PDA

View Full Version : Wierd email while sellin on eBay -- Fraud?!? Take a look...

Stimulation
08-23-2004, 01:10 PM
I am sellin this motorcycle here on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2487867086

and take a look at the question I was asked. Is this a fraud?:

" I Am an automobile agent based in WestAfrica ,one of my client recently placed a quote on your type of vehicle,he informed me that the payment will be remmited through a cashiers check.Is the price you listed for the item firm?In order to conclude the deal as soon as possible, the cashiers check that will be sent to you will include the money for the sales of your item and the shippers fees for organising a home pick up service from your base down to Africa its new origin.You do not need to worry as my shipping company will come to pick the item up from your base for shipment to Benin in Africa. What I want to clarify is that will you be able to send the shipping charges to the shipping agent in Nigeria through Western Union Money Transfer method as soon as you get and cash the check and you deduct the money for the sales of your item?If you agree to assist in this capacity , send your full name,your address and phone numbers Regards, Abel "

I have heard of frauds like this, just wondering how I could toy with him, am I correct?

datapimp69
08-23-2004, 01:17 PM
YES big fraud..

they just want the money that you send them.

then the cashiers check will bounce.

if you want to toy with them, say, yes but you will wait for the chasiers check to FULLY clear your bank, if it is drawen on a S. afican bank it would take like a mounth to fully clear.

thecavemankevin
08-23-2004, 01:27 PM
full on fraud.....stay away

vf-xx
08-23-2004, 01:31 PM
I've posted this before, but for ideas read up on:

www.419eater.com

Maybe also forward the question to [email protected]

cphilip
08-23-2004, 01:34 PM
Its a fraud and this belongs in Freindly Corner..

Moving there now.

oldsoldier
08-23-2004, 03:52 PM
Ah, I dont think a cashiers check will bounce, as you HAVE to buy them, to usew them. Kinda like a MO. But, yes, it sounds like a fraud

hitech
08-23-2004, 03:58 PM
They end up being conterfiet cashiers checks.

Steelrat
08-23-2004, 06:53 PM
Avoid those things like the plague. They are bad news, and a surprising number of the check cashers end up facing charges. Not good.

And yes, they tend to be conterfeit, but linked to a valid checking account in some cases.

fire1811
08-23-2004, 06:56 PM
i have been getting a lot of fraud emails for both paypal and ebay latly.

i just delete them and got to my account the long way and guess what not a thing in there.

dont fall for this crap

PyRo
08-23-2004, 09:52 PM
Do you really even have to ask? U.S. and Canada only, the other countries can go screw themselves :)

Wc Keep
08-23-2004, 10:25 PM
Do you really even have to ask? U.S. and Canada only, the other countries can go screw themselves :)

hell yeah brother but lets go a step further. LETS INVADE CANADA AND MEXICO AND MAKE THEM THE 51ST AND 52ND STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Almeister
08-24-2004, 01:37 AM
It's the Nigerian Scam. Click on the link for more info. http://www.warpig.com/paintball/articles/news/060104nigerian.shtml