PDA

View Full Version : Macroline fittings leaking??

Battlewear
08-23-2004, 09:54 PM
Hey All

I know recently there was some talk about Macro lines and such..

Recently my braided hose broke so I got a wicked deal on a Macroline kit and replaced the bottom line of my system. New fittings and a new hose..

The day I hooked it up it took 10 minutes (including removale of the old hose and connections) and got it up and running.. WAS SWEET!! Played for about 4 hours with out a problem.. Used CO2 on it with out any issues..

This past weekend I went out to a field to play and as soon as I hooked up the CO2 to the remote I got a MAJOR leak from one of the fittings.. Not from the threads, but where the hose goes into the fitting (you know the locking ring), after the lock ring came out a bit it was leaking like crazy there..

Any idea's as to WHY it might of done this? I tried 3 different peices of hose (as I said I got a wicked deal on the set, and had TONS of hose left) and so it wasnt the hose..

I am wondering if the fitting is pooched..

Any help would be great :)
:confused:

AnArchist_1944
08-24-2004, 12:19 AM
make sure you push them in hard you should feel it kinda click in and when that happens you will also notice the ring is down if not then make sure its clean and put some lube in it and repeat step one and if all else fails when you gas it up and it still leaks will the hose a bit and try pushing it in.

i know with my macro when i gas up my gun it leaks from the fitting i wille the line a bit and it stops

Titansu
08-26-2004, 12:28 AM
I agree w/ ^^^^^

Check the little o-ring inside the fitting. It may be dirty or damaged. IDK the size, but you could replace it if necessary.