PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade to shocker??

cloud113
08-24-2004, 12:02 AM
Well let me start off by saying that I really wouldn't like any SP sucks booo SP blah blah blah stuff like that lol. But I was wondering if I should upgrade to a shocker currently my setup is Automag RT ULE w/ ULE trigger, intelliframe, ULE CF body, dye ultralite barrel, X-valve with lvl 10 just about worn in, and check-it unimount. I am a front player and I am liking my mag but I just shot a shocker and there amazing! But with the hAir trigger coming out in 3-4 months or something like that I don't know what to do. Any help would be great and also are shockers high maintenence?

camilion705
08-24-2004, 01:11 AM
Keep the mag till you can get the new trigger. Shockers are good, but they are so popular! The mag will be a beast when you can upgrade it! :shooting:

toymyster
08-24-2004, 01:16 AM
Keep the 'mag!! Last time I heard, Shockers were gas hogs, and they liked burning out their solenoids!!!

Blazestorm
08-24-2004, 02:40 AM
If anything shockers have better efficiency then mags...

Keep the mag, for one reason. It has a decent company behind it.

vonort
08-24-2004, 07:03 AM
Well I thought you said you wanted to upgrade. But then you mention going to a downgrade of a product. Why would you want to give up a gun that is reliable, easy maintenance, doesn't bounce, doesnt ramp, and has A1 Customer support. (the mag). And buy a chunk of metal, that is unreliable, bounces, ramps and has crappy Customer Service? (shocker). Stick with your mag. :dance:

cloud113
08-24-2004, 10:29 AM
Well I guess you guys have convinced me to keep my mag I am probably gonna make it into a devilmag even or just wait for the hAir trigger still not quite sure about that. Maybe if the hAir trigger comes out before christmas I'll get it :).

Torbo
08-24-2004, 11:35 AM
if you want to upgrade, a shocker is not the right path to take. You'll be set with that mag, but if you do want to, id highly recommend a timmy or matrix. Both have many less problems than shockers. If youre serious about buying a new gun, look at all your options.

afultz075
08-24-2004, 11:59 AM
I know two people with Shockers, both of them have had numerous problems, in one case needing a trip back to SP (messed up 'noid). If you have to have a spool valve gun get a new Matrix for the same price.