PDA

View Full Version : UTL+ classic valve =?

ramenjames
08-24-2004, 12:11 AM
will a classic valve work with ult?
thats all i waned to know ( a simple yes or no is all i need)

athomas
08-24-2004, 08:11 AM
It will work. I used one in mine. It worked great, but every once in a while, the trigger would stick for some reason. It wasn't very often. The pull was very nice once it was setup.

Dayspring
08-24-2004, 09:34 AM
It wasn't designed for the classic valve. Do some people get it to work? Yes. Do others have problems getting it to work? Yes.

Use at your own discretion.

warbeak2099
08-24-2004, 09:37 AM
Older Classic valves without 2 orings in the on/off area need to be drilled for the ULT to work. Newer ones have 2 orings. Check first to see which your valve is. If you have an older valve and don't feel like having it drilled, you could always order a Centerflag Hyperframe on/off assembly from a Centerflag dealer or from Centerflag themselves (they may have some floating around somewhere). That will lighten your pull, although not as much as the ULT.

Dayspring
08-24-2004, 09:40 AM
All classic valves are 2 oring valves.

Older Classic valves without 2 orings in the on/off area need to be drilled for the ULT to work. Newer ones have 2 orings. Check first to see which your valve is. If you have an older valve and don't feel like having it drilled, you could always order a Centerflag Hyperframe on/off assembly from a Centerflag dealer or from Centerflag themselves (they may have some floating around somewhere). That will lighten your pull, although not as much as the ULT.

ramenjames
08-24-2004, 02:48 PM
so it will work then?

warbeak2099
08-24-2004, 02:51 PM
Oh, I read somewhere that older classic valves are one o-ring. Was there another kind of valve before the classic? The 68automag valve maybe was different?

danheneise
08-24-2004, 03:00 PM
Oh, I read somewhere that older classic valves are one o-ring. Was there another kind of valve before the classic? The 68automag valve maybe was different?

nope, all clasics are the same this includes 68 automag, minimag and 68 classic, the one that needs drilling out might be an older Automag RT valve and mabye some old RT Pro valves too but not sure

I have a ult on my clasic 68 and must say i coudn't live without it now :headbang: the pull is so light i have no trouble getting good speeds with my gun. It does require some learning though of how to pull the trigger right

NoForts4Me
08-26-2004, 12:20 AM
I use a ULT on my Classic. Two threads that will help:

Ult+Classic Thread (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=110976&highlight=classic+ult)

Bad_Dog's Trigger Stop Thread (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=136646)

I have not installed the trigger stops yet, but plan to. Find a used ULT, try it, if you don't like it, sell it. As always, "your mileage may vary."