PDA

View Full Version : Get Paintball on the Xgames!

FreakBaller12
08-24-2004, 10:17 AM
http://www.petitiononline.com/pb123/petition.html

found this over on the Air-powered forums.

My opinion is that it won't work, but why not give it a try?

teufelhunden
08-24-2004, 10:54 AM
Online petitions mean nothing. Not even worth your 2 minutes to sign it.

Not to mention this is about the 40056th time ESPN has been petitioned about paintball.

Automaggin2
08-24-2004, 11:08 AM
Its just a waste of time. Those online petitions mean nothing. Most of those "signatures" are invalid anyway. :tard:

trains are bad
08-24-2004, 11:11 AM
better idea: don't associate paintball with the xgaymes.

Why anyone would want paintball on the xgaymes is beyond me.

Thermus
08-24-2004, 11:12 AM
better idea: don't associate paintball with the xgaymes.

Why anyone would want paintball on the xgaymes is beyond me.

Why wouldn't people want it on the x games? Its great publicity.

trains are bad
08-24-2004, 11:39 AM
No it isn't. it's a disgrace.

BobTheCow
08-24-2004, 11:50 AM
How so?

trains are bad
08-24-2004, 12:01 PM
As a biker, it is obvious how the xgames can take something cool and make present it as something it totally is not for the sake of tv. Case in point, the death of xgames flatland. It's only the soul of freestyle biking, but I guess it's not cool enough for tv, and that's fine anyway. What 90% of america now thinks biking is IS NOT RIGHT. It's just what they saw on tv. It's disgusting.

Noway in hell I'd want them touching paintball. Expect them to call it extreme and dangerous, call the game matches or fights, and dispense with all the actual playing with quickcut glimpes of ppl getting lit up, all commentated by people with spiky hair who know nothing about paintball whatsoever. I shudder to think.

Paintball is a team sport. Do not let the xgames present it to the public, you will be sorry.

MasonFootball89
08-24-2004, 12:17 PM
As a biker, it is obvious how the xgames can take something cool and make present it as something it totally is not for the sake of tv. Case in point, the death of xgames flatland. It's only the soul of freestyle biking, but I guess it's not cool enough for tv, and that's fine anyway. What 90% of america now thinks biking is IS NOT RIGHT. It's just what they saw on tv. It's disgusting. how stupid I am

Noway in hell I'd want them touching paintball. Expect them to call it extreme and dangerous, call the game matches or fights, and dispense with all the actual playing with quickcut glimpes of ppl getting lit up, all commentated by people with spiky hair who know nothing about paintball whatsoever. I shudder to think.

Paintball is a team sport. Do not let the xgames present it to the public, you will be sorry.

okay first of all most people already know what paintball is. Who really cares what they think about it. Also do you see biking announcers that dont know anything about riding. They would asign an expert to be an announcer. Also paintball needs people to know about it and make it become a more widely known and played sport.

What you say about them showing people getting litten up and calling it extreme.

IT IS AN EXTREME SPORT WHERE PEOPLE GET LIT UP. This will make more people realize how fun paintball really is and make them play it.

(we dont want to be some underground sport that no one know about)

Hexis
08-24-2004, 01:01 PM
Online petitions are not worth the paper they are printed on.

Chipper
08-24-2004, 01:07 PM
I'm going to figure your joking and say thats one of the funniest things I have heard today. :bounce:

And I think that paintball would be better off having its own tournaments on TV rather then on the XGames. The XGames is ok, it would just represent the sport better if like the NPPL did there own thing on say, Fox Sports.

Wait a second......

Ok, do more of its own thing and get reconized.

Blazestorm
08-24-2004, 01:16 PM
Paintball should not get recognized.

Don't you enjoy being able to play when you want, how you want, with the equipment you want, with the people you want.

If paintball goes mainstream, you have to join a college or state team, just to play competitively. You don't get to pick the people you play with, nor what events you play, nor what equipment you use.

Right now you can pick everything (Except if you're on a sponsored team, but usually if you're on there you have been playing with that team for quite some time.)

I'd rather have the sport focus on new styles of play and better-run tournaments, rather then being on TV.

Isn't it cool when someone asks you what you do on the weekend and you tell them Paintball, and they act surprised? If paintball is on TV and such, they'll think... oh cool... so do I... You won't have that feeling of being unique.

Whatever.... :P

Tyger
08-24-2004, 03:09 PM
What you say about them showing people getting litten up and calling it extreme.

IT IS AN EXTREME SPORT WHERE PEOPLE GET LIT UP. This will make more people realize how fun paintball really is and make them play it.

Please tell me you're kidding.

Besides, ESPN doesn't WANT paintball, remember? Don't make me dig out the scan from their magazine.

-Tyger

tony3
08-24-2004, 04:01 PM
The x-games is NOT a team sport. You won't see one team participating in it, since no sports in the xgames are team sports. Paintball is a team sport, therefore it won't be in it. As for the olympics, that would be really cool. I don't think we will see that for a while though. Paintball has no standard rules or almost close rules IMO Xball and Normal format are completely different then eachother on the strategy and rules. I agree with blazestorm though, before we go for tv etc, we need to look inside the sport and fix lots of problems with tournies we are still having.

B.A.M.
08-24-2004, 04:06 PM
i thought in the x games there was east coast v west coast surfing teams. but i might be mistaken. and i dont really care for tourneys. i like sceniros better cuz u paintball for like 8hrs strait. and also itll get even more spoiled newbs into the sport with high end markers

dwab3000
08-24-2004, 04:24 PM
we got OLN and FSN....do we need the hype following ESPN....espn is crappy, and i cant stand the people with the same personalities....they are just so clone like

Automaggin2
08-24-2004, 05:11 PM
Every thing on the XGames is on there for a reason. Casue you can get hurt, even die, doing the stuff they do. Paintball doesnt have that badasrse image. When someones flying 15 feet in the air and crashes, thats exciting stuff to alot of people.

PaintballSmurf13
08-24-2004, 06:03 PM
X Games = individual extreme sports
paintball = team sport
-Ryan

tony3
08-24-2004, 07:49 PM
i thought in the x games there was east coast v west coast surfing teams. but i might be mistaken. and i dont really care for tourneys. i like sceniros better cuz u paintball for like 8hrs strait. and also itll get even more spoiled newbs into the sport with high end markers

Yes they had west vs east, but you didn't have to work as a team to win.

B.A.M.
08-24-2004, 08:11 PM
ya i must have been thinking of somthing else when the had a west and east coast team

Automaggin2
08-25-2004, 08:47 AM

They actually print them out??
:rofl: