PDA

View Full Version : Warp belt slippage

trains are bad
08-24-2004, 10:58 AM
Sunday I noticed that when I went to prime my warp, instead of the wheel slipping past the balls, the wheel was stalled. Upon further ispection I saw that the motor was slipping on the oring belt. It fed fine but it's not supposed to do that right? It will wear my belt out.

Also, I want a spare belt, can I just go to the hardware store and match an oring up? How often should I replace it?

vf-xx
08-24-2004, 12:16 PM
It's time to replace your belt. While I haven't seen it from documented sources my experience with that o-ring material is that it stretches over time.

If you can find a new oring with the same diameter thats about the same size as the one you took off (just a touch smaller actually) then it should work fine.

trains are bad
08-24-2004, 12:24 PM
I've only shot about a case through this warp though.

vf-xx
08-24-2004, 12:31 PM
Was the warp brand new? If it's large bore paint you might need to put a spacer in your warp wheels.

I typically run very small bore paint and I have to shim the wheels in.

I guess more specifics of your setup are needed.

trains are bad
08-24-2004, 01:28 PM
Yes new. The paint was large but going through a .689 just fine, so not huge.

Like I said I had no feeding problems but I'm pretty sure the wheel is supposed to do the slipping, not the belt. The batteries are new. It is intellifed.

Also, I can see how to shim the warp for big paint, but how the heck do you do it for small paint without sanding that middle thing down?

vf-xx
08-24-2004, 01:45 PM
Shimming the outside actually bends the wheels in just slightly.

I remember now!! Take the warp apart and using lube oil lightly oil the disks. I had to do that on my new warp a long time ago.

deadeye9
08-24-2004, 04:37 PM
A new warp with only a case shot through it? You shouldn't have to replace anything.

Take it apart and see if the gears are binding. Maybe something is keeping the discs from turning.

hitech
08-24-2004, 06:39 PM
The paint is "too big". You can either shim out the disks, oil the disk, or just don't worry about it. The "belt" (it's just an o ring) is designed to slip. Yes, it will wear the belt out faster, but they are VERY inexpensive to replace.

If you are normally going to shoot large bore paint, shim it out. If you are going to shoot all different sizes then just oil the disks and forget about it. Either way having a replacement "belt" is a good idea.

You can find instructions for shimming the warp at Havoc Online (http://www.havoc-online.com/11575.html) :clap: