PDA

View Full Version : real funny paintball story...

danoxide
08-24-2004, 02:22 PM
today i was at my feild just playin alittle bit(i only played like 4 or 5 games before i had to go to work) and i was there with my mag(ule body,xvalve,intell,and a forgrip) when this 13 or 14 year old kid with an empire timmy asked me what kind of gun i had....i told him i have a timmy eater...he repiles with ive never heard of that timmy, it must be a newer model. then he says."thats the smallest timmy ive ever seen"...this kid thought i ment Eater Timmy.....wow :eek:

anyway i bunkered him twice in later games(once when he was behind a bunker with someone else i got both of them)...i guess you can kinda say i owned him :clap:

:cheers:

Flow_Tech
08-24-2004, 02:31 PM
can i have that wasted minute of my life back?

slade
08-24-2004, 02:32 PM
:rofl:
:rofl:

i cant beleive he actually beleived you! its pretty funny when newbs have high end guns, and know nothing about them. it sounds like he just got into the sport and asked someone what the best gun was, and then bought a timmy. hes probably sponsored... by his parents!! he sounds like the stereotypical pbner 13 year old. in fact, hes probably already posting there.

mkmckinley
08-24-2004, 02:45 PM
I don't get it. So you're bragging about picking on some kid?

TDonovan
08-24-2004, 03:03 PM
You bunkered a little kid?

mcdkid
08-24-2004, 03:45 PM
i think it was more of a timmy joke. if someone walked up to me i might kinda look at his timmy to see what kind it is, then if the kid said"its the latest one". i would be like "its the first of the month already?" lol

ojhspyro89
08-24-2004, 03:47 PM
I seriosly HATE spoiled kids. Im jealous but i cant wait till thier momy and daddy arent there anymore and they are on thier own with a job.

B.A.M.
08-24-2004, 03:56 PM
ya me 2
i had to buy all my paintball stuff. I started out with a 68classic and worked my way up to the ule custom witha halo and n2. It cost alot

-=Squid=-
08-24-2004, 04:05 PM
Congratulations, your all retards. http://www.automags.org/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Mags are relatively unknown, and the guy simply didnt know what it was. Why wouldnt he believe him? Oh ok, always assume your being lied to.

Oh ya, he must be a spoiled no game kid because he has an empire timmy. You know how many times ive been mowed by kids younger than me? Seriously people... why dont you quit being jerks because you are jealous.

slade
08-24-2004, 04:55 PM
Congratulations, your all retards. http://www.automags.org/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Mags are relatively unknown, and the guy simply didnt know what it was. Why wouldnt he believe him? Oh ok, always assume your being lied to.

Oh ya, he must be a spoiled no game kid because he has an empire timmy. You know how many times ive been mowed by kids younger than me? Seriously people... why dont you quit being jerks because you are jealous.
he shouldnt beleive him because of the design of the gun. all timmies are basically the same design, just with different milling/boards. timmies have double stacked tubes, mags have one tube. there are other things about the looks that easily set mags apart from timmies. its obvious that this kid did not look around at markers at all, and simply bought the first thing that was recomended to him. and no, im not jealous. id rather have my mag or even a spyder and know about it than have a high end gun but not know anything about it.

-=Squid=-
08-24-2004, 05:21 PM
he shouldnt beleive him because of the design of the gun. all timmies are basically the same design, just with different milling/boards. timmies have double stacked tubes, mags have one tube. there are other things about the looks that easily set mags apart from timmies. its obvious that this kid did not look around at markers at all, and simply bought the first thing that was recomended to him. and no, im not jealous. id rather have my mag or even a spyder and know about it than have a high end gun but not know anything about it.
The point was that it doesnt make him an idiot/spoiled kid.

As for you rather having a subpar gun and not knowing of its function, thats cool. I Got a teammate with a timmy who literally knows NOTHING about it, other than how to MAKE it work... he bought it himself, and can freakin mow faces. :rolleyes:

LittlePaintballBoy
08-24-2004, 05:35 PM
he shouldnt beleive him because of the design of the gun. all timmies are basically the same design, just with different milling/boards. timmies have double stacked tubes, mags have one tube. there are other things about the looks that easily set mags apart from timmies. its obvious that this kid did not look around at markers at all, and simply bought the first thing that was recomended to him. and no, im not jealous.

id rather have my mag or even a spyder and know about it than have a high end gun but not know anything about it.

First of all, i'm sorry, but tell me you wouldn't take a timmy over a spyder if someone offered you one or the other. Please.

he shouldnt beleive him because of the design of the gun. all timmies are basically the same design, just with different milling/boards. timmies have double stacked tubes, mags have one tube. there are other things about the looks that easily set mags apart from timmies.

Guns don't have to operate alike to have the same name. Look at the 03 shocker. Still called the shocker, although it doesn't look like the old shockers, or work like the old shockers. When you have a name as succesful as the timmy name is, they'd keep with the name, it would be almost gaurenteed to sell a bunch just from pre-orders.

there are other things about the looks that easily set mags apart from timmies

There is that, but do you think the kid looked *inside* the gun to see that it was different?

its obvious that this kid did not look around at markers at all, and simply bought the first thing that was recomended to him.

Really? How so? Are you telling me the Empire Timmys are bad guns? Why is it so "obvious" that he didn't read around to notice that Empire Timmies are awesome guns before he bought it? I'm not seeing to much stuff I agree with in your post...

B.A.M.
08-24-2004, 08:14 PM
i no a guy who has a timmy and and an emag and guess which one he uses. the emag cuz he doesnt like the trigger. but i dont like timmys cuz theres just too much that can go wrong with all that electo stuff. me ill just stay with a rt ule :D

MasonFootball89
08-24-2004, 08:21 PM
Okay you guys are idiots you know that your all newbs to someone just because you know about your guns doesnt mean much.

I have an Angel LCD and dont know the first thing about it. But when Im on the field you wouldnt know that. This kid could have earned money for the gun. He could of gotten it from a sibiling or he could be rich but that doesnt mean hes some rich brat that gets anything that he wants.

Your all newbs to someone

slade
08-24-2004, 08:38 PM
First of all, i'm sorry, but tell me you wouldn't take a timmy over a spyder if someone offered you one or the other. Please.
of course id take the Timmy! but the point was, id at least invest the time to learn about it.

Guns don't have to operate alike to have the same name. Look at the 03 shocker. Still called the shocker, although it doesn't look like the old shockers, or work like the old shockers. When you have a name as succesful as the timmy name is, they'd keep with the name, it would be almost gaurenteed to sell a bunch just from pre-orders.
good point. but, correct me if im wrong, that is the only example of the same name being applied to different designs. also, some may disagree with me on this, but i think that the name recognition applies to bob long, not just the intimidator lineup. if bob long canceled the intimidator lineup and developed a completely different marker and used a different name, i think it would sell just as well as it would if he called it the new intimidator.

There is that, but do you think the kid looked *inside* the gun to see that it was different?
you misread my post. i said other things about the looks, not besides the looks. of course he wouldnt look inside the gun, unless danoxide for some reason took it apart. timmys generally have complex milling and flow more, mags have a serious, practical look (excluding deadlywind bodies, of course). timmys often have fades stock, and have different looking frames.

Really? How so? Are you telling me the Empire Timmys are bad guns? Why is it so "obvious" that he didn't read around to notice that Empire Timmies are awesome guns before he bought it? I'm not seeing to much stuff I agree with in your post...
true, timmys are great guns, im not saying that he made a bad choice in guns. but if he had read around, he would have seen all the guns in the timmy lineup and what they looked like. the only major difference between timmys is the milling and ano job. he should have been sceptical when someone told him that a mag was a timmy, since mags have an entirely different look, they have only one tube, and they have no external moving parts.

Lohman446
08-24-2004, 08:47 PM
true, timmys are great guns, im not saying that he made a bad choice in guns. but if he had read around, he would have seen all the guns in the timmy lineup and what they looked like. the only major difference between timmys is the milling and ano job. he should have been sceptical when someone told him that a mag was a timmy, since mags have an entirely different look, they have only one tube, and they have no external moving parts.

And if someone told you there was a new Timmy... well I would beleive it.. how many are released every year.

I bunkered someone.. I am soo much better than they are

Sorry folks, but thats where I overcome my lack of skill.. is in bunkering people. My team counts on me for it ... it surely doesnt prove anything, if anything I am much less of a player than most I bunker.. I just get lucky

slade
08-24-2004, 08:55 PM
And if someone told you there was a new Timmy... well I would beleive it.. how many are released every year.
the reason that there are so many released each year is because they are all the same basic design, with maybe a few changes if any and a different milling/ano. its hard to develop one gun, fairly easy to release 10 versions of it. i would beleive someone if they told me that there was a new timmy, i most likely wouldnt beleive them if they showed it to me and it was a completely different design.

Okay you guys are idiots you know that your all newbs to someone just because you know about your guns doesnt mean much.
i dont exactly agree with that. who considers tom kaye a newb? or just about any other famous paintball marker designer or player.

Lohman446
08-24-2004, 08:59 PM
[QUOTE=slade]the reason that there are so many released each year is because they are all the same basic design, with maybe a few changes if any and a different milling/ano. its hard to develop one gun, fairly easy to release 10 versions of it. i would beleive someone if they told me that there was a new timmy, i most likely wouldnt beleive them if they showed it to me and it was a completely different design.
QUOTE]

And if in 03 I had shown you a Shocker and told you it was the newest Mag design? The point is.. the outside of the body does nt always tell you a lot about the internals

mcdkid
08-24-2004, 09:16 PM
thanks danoxide, you alone have started ww3.

ramennoodles
08-24-2004, 09:21 PM
Your all newbs to someone

AMEN! including me

Bobbyboy
08-24-2004, 09:23 PM
gee why soo much hostility over a thread that was supposed to be funny jeez its prbably just some kid who just got their gun & mabey they wern't that great with it. anyway i cant have too much sympathy 14 is the youngest i've ever seen places hire people so its possible he worked for the money and got homself a pimp toy but whats funny is he bought a gun thats probably out of his skill range kinda like getting a ferrari on your 16 th bday its just completly unnecissary. not that i would'nt have wanted one my buick sux :cheers:

Richter
08-24-2004, 10:11 PM
It kinda reminds me of when i was new to the sport. Back in 94/95 i knew what tippmans mags vm68s illistartors and cockers were. I had seen most of them at the field except for autocockers. I saw maybe one or two guys have autocockers and i saw these markers with the shroud on; usually from far distances. (i knew the winning team use these markers) Then one day i see Chuck H. (the guys that runs the nppl super 7 now) on the cover of an APG with a mag in one hand and an custom autococker in the other hand. At first i didn't know what marker it was; then read inside page or was told someone else what marker it was. i didn't even know the shroud came off exposing the pneus. I just thought it was part of the gun.

I guess i was kinda like the kid you are talking about.

I use to call anodizing "adanolizing" though... where i got that out of "anodizing i will never know; Maybe i over heard it when people were BSing in the staging area and i thought that is what it was called.

oh well...

tony3
08-24-2004, 10:18 PM
Am I the only one who never sees these 12-13 year olds at the field with expensive guns?

LittlePaintballBoy
08-24-2004, 10:49 PM
It appears so...

evo.end3R
08-24-2004, 10:51 PM
all the 12-13 yr old kids here are at lazer tag, not paintball fields. oh, and congrats, you bunkered a 12 yr old. :hail:

LittlePaintballBoy
08-24-2004, 10:53 PM
He coulda bunkered me... It might've been me! Oh, wait. I don't have an Empire Timmy. Nevermind.

SniperSmurf
08-25-2004, 12:32 AM
There was a ref at one of our local fields who thought my daughter’s JT Excellerator 3.5 was an Intimidator. I didn’t have the heart to correct him because I didn’t want him to feel embarrassed. I guess if you don’t eat/breathe/live paintball, it could be hard to tell with just a cursory look. I still wonder though why he thought I’d let my 14-year-old use the Timmy while I played with a Pro-Lite? I’m not THAT nice!

danoxide
08-25-2004, 12:17 PM
I don't get it. So you're bragging about picking on some kid?

no...i just posted this because i thought it was funny that a mag got confussed for a timmy...

you bunkered a little kid?

yes i did...i will bunker a baby if he shows up and plays on the "advanced" players days...

I seriosly HATE spoiled kids. Im jealous but i cant wait till thier momy and daddy arent there anymore and they are on thier own with a job.

i never said he was spoiled i just said that he was shooting a timmy and was in the 13-15 year old range...

Battlewear
08-25-2004, 12:43 PM
Hey Guys

Just a quick story..

A couple of weeks ago I was at my local pro shop (seems I am there a lot as of late LOL), any ways, I was hanging out talking to the owner about the days gone by when a mother and son came in.. The kid carried a Spyder, it looked really beat up.. He carried it over to the counter and spoke with the owner for a bit.. The mom just stood behind her son and didnt say any thing.. Finally the owner took a shocker off the wall and put it in a box.. He took the kids spyder into the back.. The mom took out her wallet and asked her son if this is what he wanted for sure? He nodded with a big smile on his face.. The mom pulled out a WAD of cash.. The kid very quickly paid for the shocker and was basically vibrating out of the store.. I would say that he was no more then 12 or 13 years old (I could be wrong of course)..

Afterwards I was talking to the owner and he told me that that young boy had been coming in for weeks asking if there was any thing he could do to make a couple of bucks.. The owner would get him to clean up a bit around the store and give him $10 to do it.. But that almost ALL of the money came from the kid working after school and B-Days and Christmas.. How did he know? The mother came in the week before to ensure that he had the marker in stock because she was so proud of her son working so hard and saving up so much for something he wanted..

So, remember, not all kids are spoiled..

Now granted, maybe mom pays for the paint and air and such, but still.. That is just freaking cool that he would work so hard for that!!

Just my 2 Canadian Cents.
:cool:

armyballer
08-25-2004, 12:49 PM
my nine yo plays paintball i let him start playign when he was 8 started him on a tracer pum and moved him to an f4 ilistrator when i felt he was ready for a semi i hope that by the time he is 14 he will be using one of my spare emags or spliting the cost of one with me is that wrong and would all you haters not like him becouse he shows up decked in gear using an xmag at 14 and then woops your azz all over the field just a thougth not all of us parents buy there kids markers just becouse some of us playpaintball to and make sure the ids marker doesnt exceed his level of play

slade
08-25-2004, 01:06 PM
my nine yo plays paintball i let him start playign when he was 8 started him on a tracer pum and moved him to an f4 ilistrator when i felt he was ready for a semi i hope that by the time he is 14 he will be using one of my spare emags or spliting the cost of one with me is that wrong and would all you haters not like him becouse he shows up decked in gear using an xmag at 14 and then woops your azz all over the field just a thougth not all of us parents buy there kids markers just becouse some of us playpaintball to and make sure the ids marker doesnt exceed his level of play
no, i think most people hate it when a 14 year old shows up decked in gear and he doesnt know how to play. theres a 13 - 14 year old at my field thats a pretty good player and he uses a timmy and everyones fine with that.

Igotu
08-25-2004, 01:08 PM
For threads like these they should make a little smilly thats got a flame thrower and then it would go like this Smilly=all of you

danoxide
08-25-2004, 01:30 PM
guys i never at one time said this kid was spoiled....all i said was he had a timmy...it could have been his brothers he was using for one day...it could have been his that he bought all by himself....i will never know

mcdkid
08-25-2004, 04:43 PM
or he could have stole it?

danoxide
08-25-2004, 05:43 PM
or he could have stole it?

that is also a possiblitly...

SOAD8789
08-25-2004, 07:39 PM
god.......i got away from pbnation because it was getting to stupid for me...and this thread has turned into something youd see in pbnation....its an insult to AO.

he made the thread because it was supposed to be comical, it made me laugh a bit. no need for all the flaming...

danoxide
08-26-2004, 01:40 PM
thank you

Lumberjack
08-26-2004, 02:21 PM
Well I personally found it funny. I've had several people ask me about several of my markers and they get them all confused, so no big deal there.

As for the bunkering part, I probably would have left that part out.

It seems strange to me that we rag on these "kids" who have nice guns. Does it really matter how or where they got them? What matters is that they are playing a sport we all love, and hopefully they are respectible representitives of our sport. Instead of going off on them, you guys that know how to use timmys and angles and whatnot lend a helping hand. Share your knowlegde of markers with them. That way they can grow in our sport.

I have several kids in the youth group from my church who are new in the sport. Many have Spyders, a couple are saving for cockers and mags. They are always come to me with questions on how to stop an air leak or how to I tune my reg. Each time I take a minute and explain the problem and solution to them. They then take that information and learn from it. I've seen a couple of the guys I worked with solve a similar problem another kid was having at our field, and it was because I helped them learn.

I personally know absolutly nothing about the inner workings of a timmy, I know the basics but have never really worked on one. Now I'd like to think I'm a rather mechanically inclined person, so for me to wonder about a timmy I can only imagine what a young kid with a new hi end gun must be feeling.

I ref at my local field and I see player come and go. The one thing I'm happiest to see is the young kids out there trying to learn the game. Whether it's with a $50 WalMart special or a $1500 custom, as long as that person is trying to promote pb in a positive, constructive light I'm cool with it.

To close my book here, a simple story. I watched this personally while reffing. A young kid about 11 or 12 walks onto my field with a Talon he got for his birthday the day before. On the same field I had a guy with his super geeked out cocker. I lost count of all the up-grades he had on it. Long story short. This little kid wiped the field with this guy all day. The cocker would paint the bunker the kid was behind but the kid would only shoot once. Everytime, center of the chest of the cocker. I loved it. :rofl: :rofl:

The pricetag of the gun didn't matter to the kid. What mattered was that he had a good time, and was enjoying a sport we love. So don't rag on those kids. Help them.

slade
08-26-2004, 03:53 PM
god.......i got away from pbnation because it was getting to stupid for me...and this thread has turned into something youd see in pbnation....its an insult to AO.

he made the thread because it was supposed to be comical, it made me laugh a bit. no need for all the flaming...
im not flaming, i just like arguing. i dont hate littlepaintballboy for his opinion, and im not mad at him for arguing with me.

Chris42050
08-26-2004, 06:55 PM
Good point lumberjack. And I liked your story. :cheers:

Lumberjack
08-27-2004, 01:08 PM
It was a good day. They guy with the cocker got so mad he packed up and left after his thrid or fouth strait game being tagged by the Talon kid. All the refs working that day had our pics taken with the kid and we posted it in the shop. :clap: