PDA

View Full Version : is their any way i can cradle a screw in tank

DYE-BaLLeR
10-23-2001, 07:03 PM
is their any way i can cradle a screw in tank, i mean i dont want to screw it in and out, i kno i can keep it in the gun when i fill, but can i put like some sort of bradle on it and never be able to take it off unless i have tools?

Load SM5
10-23-2001, 07:09 PM
Most cradles that clamp around the neck of a tank can be fitted with an adapter (Kapp makes a few) that will take screw in tanks. Spend a few extra bucks and get one with a on/off knob so you can shut the flow off without taking the tank off the gun.

Load SM5
10-23-2001, 07:11 PM
By the way, what does this have to do with "automags choppin?"

DYE-BaLLeR
10-23-2001, 07:15 PM
but if i get one with an on off that means i have to screw the tank in. i kno u usually only cradle tanks with regulators on them but i want to cradle my normal PMI 68cu 3000psi steel tank. CAn I?if so where can i get it

DYE-BaLLeR
10-23-2001, 07:19 PM
this thread was originally supposed to be about mags not chopping cuz mine duznt chop but i changed

Load SM5
10-23-2001, 07:23 PM
Well some screw-in tanks have a long enough neck to clamp around but there's no way that I know of to get air out of a screw-in tank with out..well..screwing something on. Sorry.

DYE-BaLLeR
10-24-2001, 05:38 AM
couldnt i take out the octagon screw out of the neck thats by the fill nipple and regular and put a steel hose from their to my vertical adapter, and from their to my valve?

davej946
10-24-2001, 05:51 AM
couldnt i take out the octagon screw out of the neck thats by the fill nipple and regular and put a steel hose from their to my vertical adapter, and from their to my valve?

NOOOOOO! Do not do this! That is the burst disk. It breaks and relieves<sp> the pressure, should the tank become over pressurized! Do not remove it!

That being said, I have an aluminum ring on my crossfire 88 that is sold by my local shop. It's called a "Rock and Roll". I'll post a pic when I get home this afternoon.

Basically it is a ring that seperates at the center, so you have 2 semi circles that screw together. You screw the top half into the bottom of the grip frame, put the tank in it, and screw on the bottom half. Then I used an ACI Universal Fill Adapter (http://www.paintballgear.net/039-8000.html) screwed on to my tank. I then ran the steel braided hose from the fill adapter to the valve on the gun. Works quite well.

Like I said, I'll post a pic this afternoon. If you want I'll check with my local shop about getting you one of these cradles, as they work quite well.

Good Luck,

speedballbanks
10-24-2001, 11:02 AM
I want to see that cradle how much are they it sounds interesting

davej946
10-24-2001, 07:09 PM
OK Guys, here is my Mag. THe Silver band around the tank is the cradle I am referring to. This will be on my gun until I can afford a FlatLine. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

DYE-BaLLeR
10-24-2001, 08:30 PM
whered u get that silver circle, i want one

alf
10-24-2001, 10:10 PM
sweet mag, davej!

gimp
10-24-2001, 11:02 PM
How much do those cradles go for? I've seen them before, and I think they are really cool. I have a crossfire 88ci tank, and I want the setup you have. I currently have the same on/off adapter that you have, but I love that cradle set up.

davej946
10-25-2001, 05:40 AM
Alright, here's the info on the cradle...

I was told they are made the the family of one of the guys that works at my local field. I want to say it was around $65, comparable to the DZ. This setup is sweet because you can slide the tank as far forward or back as you like. The balance on the gun is amazing, and fully controllable.

Alf:
Thanks, I LOVE it! It's my baby. MY ex-girlfriend would get jealous of it. :D I am getting ready to have RedRider Silver Powder Coat it for me! Can't wait!

Gimp and Dye:
I am going to my local field to play this Friday Night, I'll check on the prices for the cradles and get back to you.

Later,

SIGSays
10-25-2001, 01:37 PM
how long is that aa and where did you get it??

davej946
10-25-2001, 05:31 PM
AA is 14" Stainless. Ordered it directly from SP, said they were discontinued! 14" is the only length they make the stainless...