PDA

View Full Version : Another new toy... pix :)

FragTek
08-24-2004, 08:06 PM
Yeah yeah, I had to get this when I saw it... I'm a gun collecting geek and to me, the collection just isnt complete with the father of all electro guns... The PVI Shocker! This is an original '97 w/ splash ano and bottomline MaxFlo screw-in regulator. It's rockin' the ultra-phatty 6bps board w/ double trigger and no trigger guard :D Check it....

http://www.fragtek.com/pix/pvishocker1.jpg
http://www.fragtek.com/pix/pvishocker2.jpg
http://www.fragtek.com/pix/pvishocker3.jpg
The official AGD and CP laptop ^^^^ :) 2 more AGD stickers on the inside, and 7 more CP stickers as well, rofl.

Got it for $200 shipped from Zdsan on PBN... Aired it up, no leaks, works great... Fired about 50 balls through it and it's still gotta be the most accurate gun of all time, the way the bolt releases the air behind the ball really makes this thing shoot darts w/ the original AA barrel.

The Action Figure
08-24-2004, 08:07 PM
nice, but ill take the fragmag over that

-Tab
08-24-2004, 08:11 PM
nice, but ill take the fragmag over that

fragmag?? i'd take a sting ray over that. ;)

i know those guns are sweet, but it never struck me as good looking.
wow that thing is old

FragTek
08-24-2004, 08:11 PM
Rofl, the FragMag is definately lighter and faster :) The ano on this thing is pretty dope though, hehe.

SlipknotX556
08-24-2004, 08:15 PM
Its a brick with an anno job, but a nice anno job.

tony3
08-24-2004, 08:25 PM
My 00 shocker shot darts, loved that gun.

FragTek
08-24-2004, 08:25 PM
It's most definately a hardcore brick :) Heavy SOB... I currently have a price quote request in with TAG Sportz to have a Predator II put in it along with a set of eyes. It'd be an uber pimp brick if it could do 15-16bps, not sure if the pneumatic setup of it would allow it to do the full potential of the Predator II, if it could, holy lord, that'd be my new speedball gun, so dead accurate.

WenULiVeUdiE
08-24-2004, 08:26 PM
That's a year younger than my old hpa tank. It's nice, but very different.

FragTek
08-24-2004, 10:01 PM
Added the AGD laptop shrine to the collection of pix up top :)

team unwanted
08-24-2004, 10:05 PM
Thats one sweet gun man!!! :hail:

FragTek
08-24-2004, 10:13 PM
rofl I know ur diggin' that beast :)

It'll be at the next AO VA day... By that time it could possibly be Predatored and ACE'd :D w00t. (kinda doubt it, but I can dream at least!)

can'tthink of1
08-24-2004, 10:56 PM
Me being the small guy I am, older shockers were never my friends, though the never seemed very nice, slow, ineffiecient, and big, though accurate, most markers can be accurate...

RenagadeOfFunk
08-24-2004, 11:01 PM
...collect eh?....interested in a Spyder SE...no flaws except scratches and sign of wear (not really signs...but for some reason the Kingmann annos back then SUCK!!!) the camo anno is going from green with black spots to green only...weird and unique

....maybe they used disappearing anno...like the ink

FragTek
08-24-2004, 11:04 PM
These, for some reason, are ridiculously accurate, dunno how PVI worked their magic, but they did, and it turned out great...

You also have to remember that this specific gun was a 96-97 gun, 6bps was cool back then, and people didn't pay attention to those sorts of things as much as they do today because it was a different game at the time. As the game progressed and SmartParts took over the gun, although destroying the gun in every way possible with the lowest quality parts on earth, they tried to keep it coming up to date as fast as possible by putting faster and faster boards in them.

At one point they were the fastest gun you could buy, the Turbo Shocker which was capped at 11.25bps... Tom was in all the whole proceedings of legality of the turbo board in tourny play, he could tell you all about it. People were amazed at it's speed back in the day :) It's only real disadvantage as it progressed with Smart Parts into the 2000's other than the shiesty parts was it's size and weight, which could have been dealt with but that would have cost SP $.02 more than what they would have liked to make that happen ;)

Renegade - Hrmmmm... Not a big Spyder collector, even though I've owned a few really nice old ones that I completely loved... I'll keep ya in mind if I think i need to get another Spyder :)

rkjunior303
08-25-2004, 08:03 AM
my buddy has one of those -- he'll be rocking it at AONE6 when I bring him along.

GT
08-25-2004, 09:24 AM
I love the old brick shockers :headbang:

pointm@n
08-25-2004, 09:49 AM
nice shot with the amstel light bottle :headbang:

minimag03
08-25-2004, 09:58 AM
That thing is awesome. I think I'm going to find one if I can get it for cheap.

bballe336
08-25-2004, 10:06 AM
how much did it cost ya? i am defiantly gona find one they are sweet non smart parts shocker woot woot.

MasonFootball89
08-25-2004, 10:54 AM
Hmmm well ok :headbang:

evan123
08-25-2004, 12:08 PM
6bps board, what a beast. Hey, with that amount of speed you can use 500 for all day.

FragTek
08-25-2004, 12:15 PM
my buddy has one of those -- he'll be rocking it at AONE6 when I bring him along.
I'm gonna try my hardest to make it to AO NE day...

nice shot with the amstel light bottle :headbang:
Get ya drink on! :D

That thing is awesome. I think I'm going to find one if I can get it for cheap.
Definately man, everyone should have one of these in their collection!

how much did it cost ya? i am defiantly gona find one they are sweet non smart parts shocker woot woot.
Check out PBN, there are a few.... I posted a WTB thread for this one and had a reply within a few hours.

6bps board, what a beast. Hey, with that amount of speed you can use 500 for all day.
Hahaha, yeah it's great for conserving paint :) guess I really don't need to qload it, rofl. This thing is definately getting a new board and ace installed no questions ask, i can tell that it'sa great platform for speed and accuracy.

abunkerer
08-25-2004, 12:46 PM
I remember those things when they came out, they were awesome.
One day in particular haunts me like a Nam. flashback where I flinch uncontrollably like Im awaking from a "falling off a cliff" dream..
I was rocking my automag68 with Co2 and gigantic "splashed" expansion chamber,
camo pants woodsball..nastalgic. Ping ping ping, was the sound of my bolt against my SS dye barrel the sound resonating through the Co2 tank..Everything was going as usual, and then I heard an unfamiliar sound
"drap drap drap drap drap" and I see this guy sticking a splashed shoebox with a barrel longer than a broomstick through the brush, pointing it at me! I was frozen..slow motion, I never saw that gun before, and before I could process the fact that I was about to get lit up, the pain set in as my neck head and mask were painted. I felt outgunned for the first time on the field, it was a sad sad day.

FragTek
08-25-2004, 01:17 PM
W00t! Great story, very classic... Outgunned by a 6pbs shoebox with a 22" barrel ;) hehe

rkjunior303
08-25-2004, 01:42 PM
I'm gonna try my hardest to make it to AO NE day...

sweet, dude. I'd love to check out the devilmag if you bring it up. You also have a Cyborg, right? (I can't remember)

jesseyo13
08-25-2004, 01:48 PM
is there any bolt version that works the same as the he bolt? Ive always wanted to get an olllldddddd shocker, get it eyes and a nice effecient bolt in it?

WARPED1
08-25-2004, 02:34 PM
Why get eyes jerseyo13? It's capped at 6bps!
Nice gun fraggy.