PDA

View Full Version : ICD '04 freestyle or DM4?

tru_flip56
08-24-2004, 11:15 PM
What do you guys this of the ICD '04 Freestyle.....i juss saw it today and i liked the look....do you think i should get that instead of the DM4?

http://www.800paintball.com/product.asp?plid=PROMARKERS&icid=INDIAN+CREEK&scid=FREESTYLE+%2704&csid=887360010837257591210785827515909817440918595 14348&code=14%2DICD+FRE+STYLE+C05&xt=br

afultz075
08-24-2004, 11:17 PM
Be different and get the Freestyle. You'll also have some money left over for paint as well :)

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
08-24-2004, 11:21 PM
don't buy a gun just for the looks, do a little research before you shell out hundreds on a new toy

tru_flip56
08-24-2004, 11:26 PM
yes i have done research and i have heard both good and bad things about each gun...i juss wanted your guys' opinions.....

wallace9111
08-24-2004, 11:53 PM
I owned a freestyle and it was a sick gun! They are extremely fast, but bad on air. I had one of the new valves(not the naughty dogs valve, but the version before that one) it was getting about 900-1000 shots off a 68/45 hot fill. Also my freestyle had the old frame, which might look ugly to some in a picture but was really comfortable to hold and fire. My only complaint about the freestyle was air effienecy, otherwise it is a great gun with an incredible design.

Will

http://www.hunt101.com/img/207385.jpg (http://www.hunt101.com/?p=207385&c=500&z=1)
http://www.hunt101.com/img/207388.jpg (http://www.hunt101.com/?p=207388&c=500&z=1)
http://www.hunt101.com/img/207386.jpg (http://www.hunt101.com/?p=207386&c=500&z=1)

tru_flip56
08-25-2004, 12:06 AM
WOW...thats a beautifull gun but i dont like the mini reg....i saw the stock one and it is sooo small...The DM4 seems to be the better gun but ill wait for a while for the price to go down...Also that new Atomic timmy looks like a great gun

Digits
08-25-2004, 12:13 AM
ermm

Freestyles = really underrated
DM4's = A touch overrated

My friend has a freestyle and I have a DM4.. I like both guns.. I'd buy a freestyle though unless you really care about looks because you will save a few $'s.

tru_flip56
08-25-2004, 12:19 AM
on PB review a guy said that the freestyles go about 20 bps...is that true?

xXHavokXx
08-25-2004, 02:32 AM
DM4, like mine for 1100

dwab3000
08-25-2004, 07:48 AM
freestyel..and a freestyle could go 20 bps....not sure if you could hit it..but it CAN...most CAN now adays..to amaze me, get a guy with a pump to do 20 bps....if not..phftttt its useless, and they are probably using a cheater board

madmolly
08-25-2004, 07:56 AM
This year I bought every high end marker on the market
Angel,timmies(all of them), Pimp,eblade,matrix, and DM4
I am going back to the DM4 since it performed the best out of all of them. It is not the most expensive(alias and dark timmy are more) but it close but really is worth the money. Hands down. I just ordered 5 of them so my whole team has markers that bring us to the next level. No more chopping paint and accuracy that is amazing.

dwab3000
08-25-2004, 08:03 AM
but accuracy is on the barrel..and the freestyle doesnt chop paint

the freestyle is cheaqper, icd is one of my favorite companys..they have very good customer service...freestyle is lighter...freestyle will have more upgrades soon also..their are some ppl wbho found a mod for the efficientcy..freestyles feel alot more cmfortable than a matrix to me

slade
08-25-2004, 09:16 AM
This year I bought every high end marker on the market
Angel,timmies(all of them), Pimp,eblade,matrix, and DM4
I am going back to the DM4 since it performed the best out of all of them. It is not the most expensive(alias and dark timmy are more) but it close but really is worth the money. Hands down. I just ordered 5 of them so my whole team has markers that bring us to the next level. No more chopping paint and accuracy that is amazing.
have you shot a viking or cyborg? if so, how did those compare?

madmolly
08-25-2004, 10:10 AM
The viking I liked but sold just becuase the company does not produce them anymore and the SP thing. THe cyborg is still in my bag. I used it as a primary for the last two tournaments and it performed well enough for me to keep it as a backup it is very light and amazingly good on gas. Still not as good as the DM4 though. The DM4 is an all around marker and the reason you see so many are really becuase they rock. I am not one to believe the DYE help but they did an awesome thing with this DM4.

madmolly
08-25-2004, 10:16 AM
but accuracy is on the barrel..and the freestyle doesnt chop paint

the freestyle is cheaqper, icd is one of my favorite companys..they have very good customer service...freestyle is lighter...freestyle will have more upgrades soon also..their are some ppl wbho found a mod for the efficientcy..freestyles feel alot more cmfortable than a matrix to me

I would have to disagree with you on a few points. I do agree in accuracy in the barrel and the freestyle barrel sucks out of the box. As for chopping the DM4 is the only marker I have tested that I could not get to chop even after 20 cases of paint without lube. It was amazing. The freestyle chopped the first day hell the first hopper. So I reset everything cleaned the eyes and everything was good after that but still would chop in intense firing. DM4 no chopping period. Efficiency on the freestyle is sub par. So after you buy a new bolt kit and a decent barrel are you really saving that much money. maybe 200 bucks and what can you do with 200 bucks. buy 4 cases of paint and shoot it up and it is gone and you still have a crappy marker. As for ICD service they are so lacking in that category I will not even go into it. It is enough for me to stop selling there markers at all.

But in the end it all boils down to what you said. Use whatever is most comfortable and for me and a few other thousands it is the DM4

wallace9111
08-25-2004, 10:54 AM
The freestyle that I had only chopped once and i must have shot 10-12 cases through it(I only owned it about a month). Although I will say no matter what marker you have if you use it enough and long enough you will get a chop its just going to happen, no eye system is 100% full proof. The Dm4 is a nice gun but so is the DM3, I do not have to much of an affinity for trix's, but I will admit they are very fast, but the freestyle is just as fast.

If there is any gun that got to much hype it is the sucky cyborg I just got rid of the one I owned, it was fast, very fast, but I had problems with bolt stick and lpr issues. I know for a fact (people on my team with cyborgs also had similar problems) other cyborgs have had this problem.

I will tell you right now the moment the freestyle starts getting 1400 off a 68/45 so many teams will be picking them up that have NPS as a main sponsor. You can not go wrong with a gun that is super small, compact and gets good effienecy and is fast as hell.

Will

FallNAngel
08-25-2004, 11:43 AM
I'm still toying with the idea of selling my Cyborg for something else. I'm still interested a bit in the Freestyle, though the lack of board adjustability bothers me a bit. I mean, no dwell setting, no debounce filter, etc. If I went with one of the older models, I'd be able to drop in a Chaos board, but then I wouldn't have the features that the newer models have (valve, grip frame, etc).

I'm also interested in the Powerlyte Isis, but Powerlyte is being so hush-hush about it, that no one really knows anything about it... at all.

dwab3000
08-25-2004, 12:45 PM
well, i know that some of the freestyles that were set uncorrectly (there are alot of people who do set it uncorrectly, it is a common problem) chop...

and wait a bit ICD, and other companys will come out with upgrades for the freestyle,.

also the freestyle will have the great feel to it

im sorry but a matrix just feels funny to me

but as for chopping i either mad molly didnt do something correctly, or had eyes off with a 12vt revvy

just my thoughts

Oh_Davey
08-25-2004, 01:12 PM
I'm also interested in the Powerlyte Isis, but Powerlyte is being so hush-hush about it, that no one really knows anything about it... at all.

I saw that at IAO, I remember talking to the guy about it but forget what he said :tard: .

madmolly
08-25-2004, 01:59 PM
I work on all high end markers from eblades to angels and I don't think I do not know how to set up a freestyle. I read the manual and even called ICD. I probably chopped 8 balls in total but for me that is 8 balls to many. My dm4 never chopped period. I even lowered the debounce all the way and still awesome. And why are you so excited about getting company upgrades why not buy a marker that is perfect out of the box. I know only one marker that fits that description. DM4
And I tried everything to hate the DM4 because I did not want to be like these tards out there that Daddy buys them a 1300 dollar marker and they do not know what an asa is. But unfortunately I could not find an equal replacement. If anyone is in WI you can come over and shoot the freestyle versus the DM4 and see for yourself.

tru_flip56
08-25-2004, 02:08 PM
"dwab3000 freestyel..and a freestyle could go 20 bps....not sure if you could hit it..but it CAN...most CAN now adays..to amaze me, get a guy with a pump to do 20 bps....if not..phftttt its useless, and they are probably using a cheater board "

no. i meant i heard the freestyle could only hit 20bps...meaning its maximum rate of fire is 20....and i have hit 20bps before on my angel.....

Yeah so far the DM4 seems to be the best gun ot there along with the a4 Fly....but the DM4 is so expensive and i juss started working....Do you guys think the DM4s price is gonna drop...and if so when?

Head knight of Ni
08-25-2004, 02:13 PM
When the DM5 comes out. Expect a good sized drop in price.

FallNAngel
08-25-2004, 02:16 PM
no. i meant i heard the freestyle could only hit 20bps...meaning its maximum rate of fire is 20....and i have hit 20bps before on my angel.....

You mean the flakey ROF meter on your Angel lied to you and told you that you shot 20bps.

wallace9111
08-25-2004, 02:19 PM
The freestyles original board was set to something like 52 bps. I know the knew ones are at like 80 or something. With a chaos or was board the rof is unlimited. The way the freestyle is designed it is capable of being incredibley fast. There have been quotes on the ICD forum on Pbnation of the freestyle cycling at like 50 cps at ICD. It is an incredible design that should change things in a the paintball industry. The A4 is hype. All three of those guns are going to shoot really fast so its all about preference.

Will

tru_flip56
08-25-2004, 05:43 PM
!!!52 bps!!! WOW...ive never heard about that...Does anyone else know what else guns that are freestyles and where i can find them?

FallNAngel
08-25-2004, 06:32 PM
Does anyone else know what else guns that are freestyles and where i can find them?

Can you say that in English now?

tru_flip56
08-25-2004, 06:43 PM
Does anyone know of any other freestyle guns that u can purchase.....there is that good enough for you?

FallNAngel
08-25-2004, 08:28 PM
stock and naughty dog for now... bonebreak should be coming out IIRC

tru_flip56
08-25-2004, 09:04 PM
can u buy any of those....and where?

dwab3000
08-25-2004, 09:41 PM
contact NPS...for the bonebreak..wait a bit..it will come out soon enough

tru_flip56
08-25-2004, 09:50 PM
does anyone know a site?

Reaver
08-25-2004, 10:59 PM
i love my dm4 here she is www.lucidpaintball.com/dm4.wmv

tru_flip56
08-26-2004, 03:22 AM
anyone knoe the site i can buy other freeestyles????????

madmolly
08-26-2004, 07:42 AM
If you want a new freestyle PM me and I will hook you up. Best price online garunteed.

gc82000
08-26-2004, 08:11 AM
Mad molly why are you bashing Frestyles so much and where is all this hate for A4 coming from. As for Dm4s I would never buy one, for preference and experienced. Check this I shot one and the grip was just crazy. I think it was going from a space frame to a 45*, but it felt just odd. And at the shop I am sponsored at they had 2 DM4s and one is down because of a fried board. It went through one case and it was fried. Can you tell me why this happened. Not trying to bash them just telling what I have seen.

madmolly
08-26-2004, 09:02 AM
Like most markers you are going to have good and bad. Maybe the freestyle I had was just a bad apple. I am ordering another freestyle today just to make sure, if that one sucks well then two in a row are bad I am not buying another marker. As for angels. I love angels I can work on them in my sleep. When the new A4 fly came out I ordered 8 for my shop the first one we took out and set up it chopped immediately. I was shocked. This was with the break beam and slow firing. I changed the settings some and still chopped in intense firing and would only work with an evo. We tried every possible way to get a halo on it. The second one I put together was better. A halo would work decently but still chopped in crazy firing rates but only once in a while. That just sucks. The break beam eye system is a huge improvement but still not as good as dyes eyes. We did all the setting up the manual said and the tests. I went online and set it up to the same specs as the master techs and it shot very very nice but still would chop occasionally and that just blows. I do not want to start a arguement about angel,freestles which are better I am just telling you my experiences. If the Matrix was gone I would be shooting a cyborg and then I would shoot an angel. All and all most markers out there are amazing but if I am spending a grand I want the best and of all the markers I tried the DM4 is the best. I even tried three different DM4s and still awesome. The Dm4 I abused was shot well over 100K times over two months without lube and when we stripped it out we replaced two orings and that was it. As for frying a board I have replaced 15 angel boards this year and 5 solenoids and two rams. Maybe the same will happen when we all switch to the DM4s on monday and if any of them fry or the solenoid blows I will tell you. I am not sponsored by anyone and the markers I buy are paid for out of my pocket so I am honest. Besides I told the guy looking for a new Freestyle I will hook him up then he can decide for himself. If he likes it another happy camper if his sucks then he can post that too.

tru_flip56
08-26-2004, 11:42 PM
ok...thanks guys..well ive juss decided to save up money and buy a NEW 'Borg... :D ...If not i might go back to an '04 viking...thanks

tru_flip56
08-26-2004, 11:47 PM
oh yeah...anyone else know where i can buy a Cyborg besides Macdez.net....???

madmolly
08-27-2004, 08:07 AM
I have a used one with bp no rider and lighter switch and matchstick barrel for 800.00 blue black fade. It was used in 4 tourneys PM me if you interested I can send pics. Very good shape and broken in so it rocks. I just bought another DM4 so I don't need it :)

tru_flip56
08-27-2004, 03:31 PM
anyone know where else i can buy a new Borg? beisdes Mac Dev site

FallNAngel
08-27-2004, 04:00 PM
paintballkingdom.com is the US distributor

tru_flip56
08-27-2004, 04:01 PM
thanks...