PDA

View Full Version : Conversion formulae help needed

MarkM
08-25-2004, 02:42 PM
Ok looking for some conversions which considering they are metric I shouldn't be asking but anyway.

What I want is the pressure in PSI that 10kg per CM2 is equal to

I have Bar conversion tables but not of the right kind to convert to the above so any help is good ...a site link if you have one or the formulae...but written out as well ;)

spantol
08-25-2004, 02:47 PM
Ok looking for some conversions which considering they are metric I shouldn't be asking but anyway.

What I want is the pressure in PSI that 10kg per CM2 is equal to

I have Bar conversion tables but not of the right kind to convert to the above so any help is good ...a site link if you have one or the formulae...but written out as well ;)

I get 141.9 psi.

10 kb is 22 pounds. 1 square inch is 6.45 square centimeters.

MarkM
08-25-2004, 03:17 PM
Ok how does it work out if the CM2 is actually Cubic metres...I don't think it is but that will change the PSI figure...at the moment given what I have in mind this figure you have given sounds about correct.

Destructo6
08-25-2004, 03:35 PM
nice tool

http://www.onlineconversion.com/pressure.htm

10 kilogram-force/square meter = 0.0142233 pound-force/square inch (PSI)

spantol
08-25-2004, 04:08 PM
Cubic meters doesn't really make sense in this context. Pressure is the measure of force per unit area, not volume.

Ok how does it work out if the CM2 is actually Cubic metres...I don't think it is but that will change the PSI figure...at the moment given what I have in mind this figure you have given sounds about correct.

MarkM
08-25-2004, 04:59 PM
I agree it doesn't make a lot of sense as you would tend to go to the lower (easier ) converted figure ie cm2.
I should explain why I wanted the figures.
I know you can buy 20oz tanks and a regulator and a coiled hose with a blower gun on the end. Well they are way too much money for what they are all made up. So what I have done is buy an Air blower for trucks and I have a spare Max-Flo and the blower hose and gear has the pressure rating of 10kg/cm2 (but is was written as 10KG/CM2) so hence my slight confusion, So I needed to know what to set the Max-Flo to as it will be very much too powerful than the hose/gun will take and I wanted it to remain safe. At the very worst I can replace the hose as I personally feel that even 140psi would be too much for it, I can crush it with my fingers.

Hexis
08-25-2004, 05:13 PM
Pnumatic tool compressors and related accessories are ususally at about 100psi. Get your reg down to that and you should be ok. Otherwise I would suggest a second reg to get into a nice safe range of pressure.

10KG/CM2 = 142.23 psi, so that's pretty consistant.