PDA

View Full Version : mech mag to emag

i_baked_cookies
08-25-2004, 06:42 PM
im pretty sure about this, but i just want to check. if i decided to go from what i have (in my sig) to an emag, all i would need is a emag frame, battery, battery cover, charger, and emag rail, right? what about the connections from the frame to the battery?

Adrenaline_Junkie
08-25-2004, 06:59 PM
If you wanted to do that you would need an emag type rail, battery, battery housing, and the emag frame. There arent any connections you need to worry about from the frame to the battery. The housing slides off with the battery in it and connects to the charger.

B.A.M.
08-25-2004, 07:24 PM
the funny thing is today i was thinking of the same thing. so can it work.

i_baked_cookies
08-25-2004, 07:29 PM
what still has me is that i though that there were 2 wires connecting the battery and the frame that ran through the rail...... im retarded i guess

B.A.M.
08-25-2004, 07:30 PM
ya i was looking at the parts in the store and its pretty expensive

Chojin Man
08-25-2004, 07:38 PM
what still has me is that i though that there were 2 wires connecting the battery and the frame that ran through the rail...... im retarded i guess

yes there are two wires that run from the grip frame through the rail to the battery.

Adrenaline_Junkie
08-25-2004, 08:11 PM
Yeah, there are 2 wires that run from the frame from the battery to the frame. Those should always be there though. If there missing someone took them out for some odd reason.

Tack
08-25-2004, 08:18 PM
You will also have to switch ON/Off pins and maybe valves, I'm not sure. The sizes are a bit different. If you decide to do this, call AGD and talk to the techs about what size to use.

Adrenaline_Junkie
08-25-2004, 08:23 PM
Yep, since you have a ULT on the xvalve youll need to get a stock xvalve on off or another compatible one. You dont have to switch valves though, all you need is a diff on/off.

i_baked_cookies
08-25-2004, 08:40 PM
yea, i have my stock on/off.... somewhere around here :rolleyes:

Adrenaline_Junkie
08-25-2004, 08:47 PM
I hope ya find it cus buyin another one would just be a pain. You could use the ULT but it will slow the rof down with an emag.

SpecialBlend2786
08-26-2004, 02:46 AM
I just did this actually.....purchased the lower half of an emag from NJpaint here on AO.

You'll need a stock RT-on/off, an RT type rail, emag frame, emag battery pack, and the emag sear assembly. You'll also need a yellow pin.

MindJob
08-26-2004, 07:36 AM
im pretty sure about this, but i just want to check. if i decided to go from what i have (in my sig) to an emag, all i would need is a emag frame, battery, battery cover, charger, and emag rail, right? what about the connections from the frame to the battery?

Drop Tunaman a line, he can hook you up with everything you need.

mangomag
08-26-2004, 11:43 AM
With, an E-mag, a regular RT on/off may not work, I think there is a special on/off just for the E-Mag, because thats what I had to do, I had to buy an E-MAG on/off, not an RT on/off, unless they are the same :confused:

Adrenaline_Junkie
08-26-2004, 11:47 AM
Jesus guys, he has his xvalve on/off layin around somewhere and that should work fine. All hed have to do is just buy an Emag on/off anyway and hed be set.

FragTek
08-26-2004, 11:50 AM
If you're looking at turning your mech mag into an electro, I'd look into purchasing the DevilMag upgrade as they are all coming with a vert. frame now, no more ugly hyperframe.

You also get the benefit of break beam eyes, and it operates on a 9v instead of the oversized 10lb emag battery.

mangomag
08-26-2004, 12:01 PM
Or you could save your money and wait for the hAir trigger to come out, all mechanical beauty! Thats what the new AGG thing to do :p

Dayspring
08-26-2004, 12:09 PM
Yes and no...

The pin (stock Xvalve .750") would work in his current rail. However the Emag sear won't. He'd need an Emag or RT Pro rail. At that point, he'd need to put a different pin length in.

Jesus guys, he has his xvalve on/off layin around somewhere and that should work fine. All hed have to do is just buy an Emag on/off anyway and hed be set.