PDA

View Full Version : Chonro limit?

PirateGent
08-25-2004, 07:38 PM
Was just wondering what the Chonro limit was going to be for the game. I wanted to make sure my markers were on "target" before I left so I don't spend half my morning changing springs and playing with the hex key.

The CPX website talks about "what is paintball" and mentions 280 fps but didn't know if that was the field limit.

Edward Tunis

Mighty Wingman
08-25-2004, 07:45 PM
The refs at CPX try to keep it under 280. I'm assuming it'll be the same at the big game on Sunday.

MXS
08-25-2004, 07:57 PM
The refs at CPX try to keep it under 280. I'm assuming it'll be the same at the big game on Sunday.

280 fps will be the speed limit for this game.

PirateGent
08-25-2004, 08:13 PM
280 fps will be the speed limit for this game.

That's what I figured but thought I should get the offical word.

(beside the drum magizine to my tommy gun kit blocks the chorno key on my Model 98 so the sooner I make sure the girl is at the right speed the better because once that drum goes on - it's a pain to get to)

Edward Tunis

MXS
08-26-2004, 03:09 AM
That's what I figured but thought I should get the offical word.

(beside the drum magizine to my tommy gun kit blocks the chorno key on my Model 98 so the sooner I make sure the girl is at the right speed the better because once that drum goes on - it's a pain to get to)

Edward Tunis

Well, I hate to break the news to ya, but paint size will play a factor on the fps. You set your gun up to fit your paint at home, then get to the field and use event paint - you're in for a shock. Referees WILL be spot-chronoing on the field to ensure there are NO "hot gun" issues.

Maybe get a ball sizer to check the size of the home paint, then when you get to the event, have the different paint manufacturers there size what they are selling before you purchase it. Get the closest match. Not a perfect solution, but might help.
'Course there's humidity to factor in, and how fresh the paint is.

Sorry Ed, don't see no easy way around this one...

PirateGent
08-26-2004, 06:22 AM
Maybe get a ball sizer to check the size of the home paint, then when you get to the event, have the different paint manufacturers there size what they are selling before you purchase it. Get the closest match. Not a perfect solution, but might help.

Sorry Ed, don't see no easy way around this one...

Every little bit of prep work always helps. :-)

See ya in a 8 days! (oh my is it that soon!!!)

Edward Tunis