PDA

View Full Version : indoor in El Segundo CA.

mixwell2
08-25-2004, 09:00 PM
a bunch of us are gonna try ouy Friendly Fire in El Segundo instead of HSP. Has anyone been there?
Can you give me an idea of the fields...speedball...hyperball...scenerio...CQB... niumber of fields...etc.

All I know is that it is an indoor field and you have to pqy $10 extra to bring in outside paint

hAppy
08-25-2004, 10:03 PM
Well I doubt you will get many replies here for a CA field. So I will refer you to www.sacpaintball.com ;)

magmandylan
08-25-2004, 11:12 PM
Hey I live in El Segundo and have not played there but have been there and have watched a few games there. There is only 1 feild that isnt that big and its mostly bamboo houses and a few bamboo bunkers. Actually I think that they just look bamboo and are actual walls with bamboo on them. I dont know how much paint is but I do remember that you can only use house paint from them. It might have changed cause its been a while since I have been there. When are you going? Id love to go and shoot a bit. Also I dont know their hours. If you could respond and let me know, it would be appreciated ;) . Cheers. :cheers:

dsrkd
08-25-2004, 11:27 PM
I believe that it is technically in Hawthorne, just off El Segundo Blvd. It's a converted wharehouse that is one 'hutted' big room for lack of a better description. It's slippery in there. They also own one of the fields near Castaic/Valencia. It's a long drive for you, suggest thinking twice.
One guy there is very knowlegable on Mags. Helped me out with some stubborn leaks when I was new to mags.

mixwell2
08-26-2004, 12:07 AM
thanks guys...keep the reviews coming...one field huh well I don't think that is gonna make anyone happy. I got all the info as far as price and time...I just wanted to know what the fields were like. I appreciate it. Yeah it is a drive but it is not that bad...I used to live in Redondo Looks like HSP during the week.

Wow two responses from El Segundo not bad for a anti california forum but thanks for the referal site. :rolleyes:

RoadDawg
08-26-2004, 12:36 AM
There are a few of us SoCal ballers around. We mainly hit up the Riverside/Corona area fields though.

toymyster
08-26-2004, 01:31 AM
I remember somebody talking about that field, if it is the one I'm thinking of, it is FPO, and paint price was something outragous, like $70 or something!!! I could be wrong, though!!! And yes, keep me posted on this too!!!!

gibby
08-26-2004, 08:59 AM
I've heard a few things about that field. Mainly that it's too small and slippery since they don't clean up the paint. Also, they require you to chrono down to like 230 fps which is understandable for a smaller field like that.

I believe the other field they own in Castaic is California Paintball Park. I sometimes go there to play. It's a decent place, 6 fields(3 scenario, 3 arena) and friendly staff.

pwtzz
08-26-2004, 04:04 PM
We went to friendly fire last month or so.. It is now air bunkers and I think they have different staff now. But anyway the size didn't change just from bamboos to air balloons, still the same sand/mud/ slippery stuff.

Me and my buddies will go out and play at Field of Fire at santa clarita, just a small field.. but everyone's cool there. Jungle island is awesome, the parking sucked though since it's really far..

mobius
08-26-2004, 05:37 PM
No Cali peeps? Baloney! I'm from SoCal! Course down here in San Diego, I usually play at Velocity...