PDA

View Full Version : Abercrombie & Fitch busting on WVA again!!

1stdeadeye
08-26-2004, 06:15 AM
Got to love it.

Their new shirt says,"West Virginia: No lifeguard in the gene pool! (http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/South/08/25/west.virginia.shirt.ap/index.html) "

thecavemankevin
08-26-2004, 08:01 AM
thats kinda funny :)

i hate that company, but they are creative

Halliday
08-26-2004, 08:57 AM
I work at a local mall, and when the AF girls go home for the night it looks like they are heading out to go "streetwalking" :wow:

I do like the "Kentucky: Electricity in almost every town." :spit_take

scrumpy
08-26-2004, 10:20 AM
The sad thing is, I'm sure that people from West Virginia still wear abercrombie and fitch because they think that as long as they wear the company's clothing, they are on the laughing end of the joke and not the recieving. Because, who would wear abercrombie and be inbred? infact I'd bet that some even wear that shirt.

MasonFootball89
08-26-2004, 11:11 AM
Abercrombie is awesome Go Preps

Its all just lighthearted fun

_tMAN
08-26-2004, 11:14 AM
I like the one they gave us. Wisconsin Cuts The Cheese. :D

ZSigErik
08-26-2004, 11:19 AM
i love abercrombie, i got a few friends that work in one of our local malls. Keep rawkin' the A and F, The aE and HcO!

Kevmaster
08-26-2004, 11:50 AM
better shirts...

http://www.bustedtees.com/

Deep Sixx
08-26-2004, 12:01 PM
I work at a local mall, and when the AF girls go home for the night it looks like they are heading out to go "streetwalking" :wow:

I don't believe you! ;) I'm afraid I'll need photographic proof. :D

sixx

taylor492
08-26-2004, 12:20 PM
I can think of a few states they could substitute if West VA puts up to much of a stink. :ninja:

Oh_Davey
08-26-2004, 01:28 PM
better shirts...

http://www.bustedtees.com/

I'm actually ordering from there right now, is that thing that says the shirts may be smaller than other brands anything to worry about?

Brak
08-26-2004, 09:13 PM
see? nobody talks any smack about Connecticut. even though we are 'The Nutmeg State'

Automaggin2
08-27-2004, 05:11 PM
:cheers:

I love it. I have the other one that says "Its all relative in West Virginia".

I do hate abercrombie, but those WVA shirts are badass. A lot of people around campus (WVU) wear the "its all relative" shirt.

Definatly gettin that new shirt :clap:

Trina
08-27-2004, 11:02 PM
Bwahhahaah!! This is funny! I think this guy in West Va is crazy for pursuing this...he needs to get a life.

I'm actually ordering from there right now, is that thing that says the shirts may be smaller than other brands anything to worry about?
Doobie buys their clothes all the time and the guys sizes run normal in both shirts and pants...but for girls it's like OMG!!! I'm an average size, usually a medium, and I can't fit into ANY of their shirts without looking like I have kids clothes on. :rolleyes:

$pam
08-28-2004, 12:27 AM
I had to post just to represent Southern West Virginia and Appalachia in general. A lot of people do wear those shirts here, but really the area I live in doesn't seem much different from other parts of the country I've visited (for anyone that's misinformed). I saw a shirt the other day that had the outlines of West Virginia and Virginia as they fit on a U.S. map, and it said "It's always better on top." (Look at a map if you're confused).

Automaggin2
08-28-2004, 12:58 AM
Yea, everyone I have met so far from WVa (which is a lot), they seem rather normal. They do have a deep accent tho.

Miscue
08-28-2004, 01:12 AM
Whatever happened to the First Amendment. The correct response from the governor would have been: I don't like it, but the freedom of speech is one of the things that's good about our country.

Warewolf50
08-28-2004, 09:34 AM
I thought thew one, "Its all relative in west virgina" was freaking awesome, but alas i hate AF i used to shop there then realized how much of a rip off it was. So now i stick to the old navey shirts and the shrts that jsut acumulate over time.