PDA

View Full Version : Cheese anyone?

nt2004
08-26-2004, 04:37 PM
I picked this vid up from PBN. Evidently its a vid that smart parts sends out to non paintball companies when seeking investors. The beginning is great and in leu of the lawsuits its a great watch

Link to thread: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=624343

Link to vid: http://furby.pbcproductions.com/smartparts.wmv

WenULiVeUdiE
08-26-2004, 04:52 PM
That wasnt so bad for a video aimed at investor's. They're letting them know they hold patents, which are important to people who shell out thousands of dollars, and how large the sport is.

FragTek
08-26-2004, 04:58 PM
"We revolutionized paintball with our invention, the electro pneumatic marker."

CORRECTION *EXPLETIVE DELETEDS*... PVI INVENTED THE ELECTRO PNEUMATIC MARKER THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.... I hate SmartParts!!!

nt2004
08-26-2004, 04:58 PM
Yeah i know. Its not the intent that is funny, it is the representation of the sport in that first game they staged. Try to turn off your brain for a sec and stop thinking about the movie's intent. From a normal paintballer's point of view, that was a funny movie

Tyger
08-26-2004, 04:59 PM
I think the quote in question is :

"Smart Parts has it's hands around the entire paintball world, from our patents, to the design and manufacture of our electronic paintball markers, barrels and accessories." -Adam Gardner

Now from a production standpoint, it's good. Effects, snappy cuts, and so on. From an investor standpoint, I wouldn't buy into it. If you want to know why, Bill and Adam, my consutantcy fees begin at $10,000 and we can talk buisness from there.

-Tyger

FragTek
08-26-2004, 05:04 PM
I like the end.. "Paintball is on its way to become and Olympic sport"

I actually hope that one pans out :) And that the All Americans never get to play in them for they're the Devils Advocate of all paintball teams... bleh!

Adrenaline_Junkie
08-26-2004, 05:07 PM
You know whats funny about that vid? That part where he says This is where we assemble our markers then the guy says here ill finish that one and then puts a barrel on it and says its finished :rofl: they sure know there guns well, i mean how many people know how to put a barrel on a paintball gun. :p

FragTek
08-26-2004, 05:14 PM
Everything about that video is retarded... Especially the part that they test *EVERY* paintball gun before it ships out... That's the most BS i've ever heard in my entire life!!!!

Your telling me they tested both the broken '03 Shockers they sent to me in the first batch last year... Hrmmm.... Yeah right. Oh yeah, did I mention they were shipped in different shipments, meaning it would be so highly unlikely for BOTH of them to get broken in transit. Let's just pretent for a fraction of a second they both actually got broken in transit somehow, what does that tell you about the durability of the guns they make? HAHAHAHAH They come so well packed in those boxes surrounded with nice cushy foam I think you could drop just about any other gun in the same box they ship there guns in off the top of the empire state building and still be able to shoot it after it hit rock bottom... lol.

Those dogs lie like a rug, I swear. Someone needs to drop the bomb on those fools.

nt2004
08-26-2004, 05:20 PM
i like the part when they say "we test every marker before shipping to make sure its shooting under 300fps" Why? They act as if it will never be adjusted again.

AcemanPB
08-26-2004, 05:22 PM
The dancers and the weird video effects in the factory reminded me of the 80's. I mean the video wasn't half bad, but then it got to the girls dancing in the factory... WTF? Oh and some parts of the staged paintball game almost had me rolling on the floor, but then again that video wasn't ment for paintballers to see so I'll let it slide.

sharpshooter1286
08-26-2004, 07:14 PM
i have a feeling a revenge of the nerds type situation is coming up soon, you know the end part? the nerds being the rest of the paintball industry and the jocks being smart parts.

RogueFactoryKid
08-26-2004, 07:32 PM
Hardy Har Har

WenULiVeUdiE
08-26-2004, 07:35 PM
Yea, what was with the girls dancing? They said some thing like " Now we'll show you where we manufacture all of our products" then it has the dancing girls. But your right, from a players point of view, it was kinda lame.

The Action Figure
08-26-2004, 07:44 PM
ummmm. gardner wasnt wearing a mask

Echo419
08-26-2004, 08:21 PM
GO SMART PARTS
I MEAN... the make the best gun on the market... 68MagOwners Impulse :clap:

FreakBaller12
08-26-2004, 08:28 PM
I like when they're like let me show you a quick tour, and it ques it girls dancing around for about a minute. :rofl:

thecavemankevin
08-26-2004, 08:29 PM
"We revolutionized paintball with our invention, the electro pneumatic marker."

CORRECTION *EXPLETIVE DELETEDS*... PVI INVENTED THE ELECTRO PNEUMATIC MARKER THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.... I hate SmartParts!!!

pssss...this coming from a new owner of an old school shocker ;)

by the way, thatvid was funny

slade
08-26-2004, 08:38 PM
lol you beat me to it.