PDA

View Full Version : TAC-ONE experiences Scenario

JimInVA
08-26-2004, 06:23 PM
This last weekend, I participated in a BlackCat scenario game at Skyline Paintball in Strasburg, VA. It was my TAC-ONE's playing debut and I've got to admit... this is one sweet marker!!

My first stop was the chrono station. Within 10 seconds I'd adjusted the TAC-ONE to 279 FPS. Following AGD instructions for chrono'ing, I recorded 279, 279, 279, 279... After the 10th 279, I was feeling pretty smug about this marker's consistancy... at least at the chrono. But the real awareness of just how good I had it came shortly thereafter as I began to help others to chrono in.

I'd never paid any real attention to other players at the chrono station before. I was absolutely aghast at what many of these players had to go through to make just a single adjustment to their markers... and often the process was repeated 5-10 times just to get close to where they wanted to be. Not only was the procedural process (check, disassembly, adjust, reassembly, check) cumbersome, but seeing the looks on faces when they'd get 279, 275, 289 and have to start the whole thing over (we require 3 consecutive acceptable marks to pass) was painfull even to me! :eek:
Score at the Chrono - 10 of 10. Ease of adjustment and outstanding consistancy!

Out on the field I was again amazed at the consistancy of the TAC-ONE. Whether up close or at long distances, when the first shot to hit a mark was there, the followup shots were also right there! You can do all the paint/barrel matching you want (and you should)... yet if you lack the consistancy to shoot that ball at the same speed (shot after shot after shot), the ball spread simply becomes ridiculous. Rather than quickly hitting your intended target, you'll instead appear to simply be making a lot of noise - perfect for attracting return fire.
Consistancy at Target - 10 of 10. Nice... VERY NICE!!

For this game, I used a remote tank for the very first time. Although I'm not yet decided upon continuing to stay remote, I must admit that the light weight of the TAC-ONE (especially without an attached tank) sure was a treat. The trigger pull was extremely comfortable and, of course, ball breaks just didn't happen.
Ease of Use - 10 of 10.

While I must admit that my Lotus Freeflow with its acid washed red & black anno receives many times more looks of lust, envy and desire... the TAC-ONE sure has my attention. Anyone care to guess which one I'll be using at the AO-VA game in October??!!

Jim

Bulldog
08-26-2004, 06:44 PM
Glad to hear you liked it. What kind of paint/barrel were you using?

angelpena
08-26-2004, 06:55 PM
I am new to Mags and I have to admit if it shot half as good as it looks I'd be happy!

JimInVA
08-26-2004, 07:00 PM
I used the Titanium Longbow from my Lotus Freeflow (thanks AGD for using cocker threads!) and was using their event WorrPaint. They had some whitebox paint that I didn't use. Would have been an interesting test though... it looked more square and dimpled than round and smooth.

Jim

AGD
08-26-2004, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the review! Keep on shootin 'em we'll make more!

AGD

pointm@n
08-26-2004, 07:32 PM
That's awesome to hear Jim!

See you at the AO-MidATL in October!

Chronobreak
08-26-2004, 07:32 PM

AGD

hmm remidns me of the slogan's thread that would be a GREAT ONE "Keep on shootin 'em we'll make more!"

abaez
08-26-2004, 07:47 PM
That's pretty good consistency at the chrono for a remote.

Echo419
08-26-2004, 08:28 PM
eh... Did i miss something, i thoght the Tac-One was just a body?...

Chronobreak
08-26-2004, 08:29 PM
it is and hes happy with his mag nontheless :clap: :bounce: :dance:

Xyxyll
08-26-2004, 08:48 PM
Tac-Ones are also sold as entire markers... or in this case won. :D

http://www.armoredfistpaintball.com/IAO-2004-c2-TAC1-0141.jpg

Major Ho
08-26-2004, 09:02 PM
I used the Titanium Longbow from my Lotus Freeflow (thanks AGD for using cocker threads!) and was using their event WorrPaint. They had some whitebox paint that I didn't use. Would have been an interesting test though... it looked more square and dimpled than round and smooth.

Jim
Be glad you didnt buy their white box. A friend and I each bought a case for the contagion game and that paint was absolutely hideous. Didnt break in the guns but they were horribly inconsistent, dimples, bubbles, egg-shaped, you name it. Not to mention it never broke on anyone and went all over the place.
I couldnt make it to this one but have seriously regretted it

JimInVA
08-27-2004, 01:52 AM
That's pretty good consistency at the chrono for a remote.
The tank was nothing fancy. In fact it was a used 114/4500 with 800 psi rebuilt Bulldog reg. The remote was a quite heavy-duty coil type. In fact, the coil was so tight that it tended to pull the TAC-ONE right up to my body. I’m going to have to stretch it out to loosen it up if I’m going to continue to use it.

eh... Did i miss something, i thoght the Tac-One was just a body?...
There are TAC-ONE bodies… but also complete markers. Xyxyll’s post shows the TAC-ONE's that were donated by AGD for the IAO scenario prize package. One of those (the last one to be given away) became mine after the first person drawn wasn’t there and they drew again. "Thank you #9 (the person who didn't stay)!!" It even comes with a quite acceptable barrel.

The TAC-ONE at AGD's Website (http://www.airgun.com/tacone.shtml)

paullus99
08-27-2004, 06:10 AM
I'm really happy to see all the great experiences with the Tac-One. I'm encouraging the other members of my team to look into getting one (even if its a backup or nightgame marker). I had a chance to fiddle around with one at Final Countdown - and man, is it light! I looks like a blast to handle & I can't wait to get mine on order.

The weather on Saturday was awful (lots of rain) - but I know my Mag had no problems at all.

JimInVA
08-27-2004, 03:07 PM
And the TAC-ONE has a myriad of rails for mounting additional goodies... if only I could justify a Gen 3 rail mounted monocular sight, I could really have some fun!! LOL

Jim

Pickle
08-27-2004, 03:18 PM
After I bought my RT ULE with ULT and showed it to the team and they loved it. Then they played with another teamate's Tac One. Within a week 50% of our team had Tac Ones. I even went and bought one in addition to my RT ULE I already had. Within a week after that, another team that we are tight with went AGD. They purchased 7. AGD makes great guns and I am honored to be an owner. I am glad, Jim, that you had such a positive experience with yours.

We are slowly converting all the cockerheads out here on the West Coast. :headbang: Not a bad feat when you consider we are based in the same town as WGP.

Now if I can just get the other half of the team to follow suit. :D

Big Gorilla
08-27-2004, 05:38 PM
Cool review! Makes me even more confident in my decision to get a Tac-One (I pick it up tomorrow)... my first Mag. :) Can't wait to get on the field with it.

JimInVA
08-27-2004, 05:47 PM
I went from a 2002 stock Autococker to a 2003 Lotus Freeflow Eblade Autococker to the TAC-ONE (MY first Mag, too).. I think you'll be pleased tomorrow!!

Jim

AclowN
08-27-2004, 07:16 PM
sounds like you enjoy it, i am enjoying the heck out of mine, i just recently purchased one too, have gotten to shoot and rip some paint out of it, but havent gotten to use it in game yet, that has to wait til Viper's T-Zone in october, as it will be my next event, having night vision this purchase was a drooling must on my part being made with perfect places to mount my unit, i still salivate when i pick it up :clap: :clap:

AGDlover
08-27-2004, 07:17 PM
I've allways thought about buying one, hm, maby now I will! :clap:

JimInVA
08-28-2004, 04:20 PM
Now that's that way to do it... already have the night vision and then you'll only need to justify the TAC-ONE! Why didn't I think of that!!! LOL

Jim

splatterbrain
08-28-2004, 05:08 PM
I bought a tac from AGD new about a month and a half ago, while I haven't had the opportunity to play in a scenario game like you yet. I must toss in here that it is a great all around gun. I usually just play at a local field near me and it works great for recball as well. Hope to give the senario thing a try in about a month or so . ( and it looks cool too.)

SniperSmurf
08-28-2004, 10:42 PM
I definitely hear ya about the chrono thing. Just another reason I love Mags! Very consistent. My A-5 was recently relegated to backup duty to my Mag due to inconsistency. They can be set up in the exact same way (same tank and everything) but I just can’t get the Tippy to be consistant. They’re not difficult to adjust (Allen wrench, same as the Mag) but velocities vary, sometimes by a great deal. It’s not just mine either. Between the guys/gals I play with we have 5 with the same problem. 3 of them are not only inconsistent, but nearly impossible to get up to 185 fps. Mine maxes out about 175, and my friends at about 165! My wife’s will do 340 if you’re not careful, and our serial numbers are only 4 apart! What gives? They’ve all had between 2 and 3 cases of paint through them (at least), so I know they’re broken in, and they do the same thing with or without a remote setup…

I don’t want to hijack your thread here, so consider those questions rhetorical. :cheers:

JimInVA
08-30-2004, 02:34 PM
I actually don't know much about the Tippman A-5, but I've seen what you described while helping out at the chrono. One poor guy was trying to chrono for night play with his A-5 and could only get to 259 (he needed 250 or less). As he was running CO2, I suggested he come back in a half hour as it should be cooler then. 30 minutes later he was back but, unfortunately, the cloud cover had lifted and he was now chrono'ing at 269.

I wanted to say, "Get a TAC-ONE!" but didn't have the heart. He was so bummed...

Flow_Tech
08-30-2004, 03:01 PM

AGD

tom..Mags rule..Even though i joined the dark side >_< :( ..ill always be a mag fan at heart, and i WILL have a hAir..(sorry for the thread-jackage here)

JimInVA
09-08-2004, 01:44 AM
And the TAC-ONE is now "Mother Endorsed"... as per Frymarker! LOL WTG, Heather!! :clap:

The Frymarker
09-08-2004, 02:50 AM
Hi Jim!

It was my first weekend at a scenario using Kev and Deb Dupuis Tac One and I loved how it preformed, it is an awesome marker, I loved using it, and I highly recommend buying one as well!!

Especially since you can put so many extras on it.

Here's my thread.....
The Tac One (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=151299)

greenarrow88
01-24-2005, 12:34 AM
wat kind of barrel does the Tac-One come with stock. Ive heard a J&J and a Dye Excel. Which one is it.

JimInVA
01-24-2005, 12:57 AM
It is my understanding that it is made by J&J!

Jim

Recon by Fire
01-24-2005, 09:37 AM
I am a recent Tac-One owner also and I must admit that it is one sweet mechanical marker! I get a kick when you are playing and somebody asks you afterwards if it is a full auto :)

Soopa Villain17
01-24-2005, 11:30 AM
i bought a tac one in the begining of jan with the ule kit, i havnt been able to use it though which makes me sad cuz i dont have enuf to buy a revvie and compressed air tank , but from what i have read it is an awsome marker and i know im going to love it , my other guns are gunna be so lonley, thanks agd for making such a kool paintball marker :hail: