PDA

View Full Version : re timing

tippmannsniper-
08-26-2004, 07:41 PM
will adjusting my trigger pull mess up my timing on my vf tactical

Adrenaline_Junkie
08-26-2004, 07:45 PM
In a way it will, part of timing is adjusting the trigger to shoot the gun at a certain point. If your worried about timing it and dont know how imo you shouldnt own a cocker. One thing that is a must with cockers is knowing how to maintain them and if ya cant do that get a diff gun.

Wc Keep
08-26-2004, 08:29 PM
timing a cocker is a tricky thing if you dont know how to do it. imo if you dont know how to do it yourself get a tech behind you who is very good and knows what he is doing.

Adrenaline_Junkie
08-26-2004, 08:31 PM
A tech is a good idea but you shouldnt own a gun you dont know how to maintain yourself.

Wc Keep
08-26-2004, 08:33 PM
well once the gun is timed there is no need to touch it anymore. you have the tech set up the gun just the way you like it and then dont touch it. its not going to come out of timing all on its own. you time it once a year and let it be.

Adrenaline_Junkie
08-26-2004, 08:37 PM
Thats not always true. You have to have a nice setup or not a lot of use for it to stay timed right. I know for a fact if you use a cocker a lot the timimg will get off over time. Same with lower end parts, they dont always stay timed as well as the higher end parts out there.

Wc Keep
08-26-2004, 08:39 PM
you say you know for a fact.....is this from first hand experience? because i have owned two cockers now. one was completely stock my sto has a couple of ups on it. but both have never slipped out of time. and i use my cockers heavily. twice a week sometimes every week.

Adrenaline_Junkie
08-26-2004, 08:41 PM
Yes, it was from experience. I didnt have any probs after i went to a Raced Lotus though lol. Im not sayin you have to time it a lot but id say more than once or twice a year for sure.

Wc Keep
08-26-2004, 08:43 PM
well ive heard that after you go e or race you dont need to time nearly as much, but if your cocker is slipping out of timing its not a very rapid thing. its slow and you do feel the difference in your stroke and shot. so you would know when to take it in to be looked at.

Adrenaline_Junkie
08-26-2004, 08:46 PM
Yeah it does happen slowly and stuff. Your right, once ya get a race frame or eblade it times itself so there really isnt much tuning involved at all.

Hey Wc, for your sig do this so you dont have the whole URL. whatever ya want the hyperlink to say here

tippmannsniper-
08-26-2004, 08:57 PM
one more question will shortstroking throw off your timing

Adrenaline_Junkie
08-26-2004, 09:01 PM
Nope

FallNAngel
08-27-2004, 12:23 AM
one more question will shortstroking throw off your timing

it won't throw off the guns timing, it's because *your* timing is off... you're not fully pulling and releasing the trigger.