PDA

View Full Version : Power tube spacer question ????

markhauguel
10-23-2001, 10:21 PM
Hey someone here knows the answer to this I am sure. If I have to unscrew the power tube tip on my minimag to get it to pressure up without leaking down the barrel what does this mean. It needs to be unscrewed just a little bit to work but I can't play like that. I have replaced the O-ring and the bumper/ spring. The sear is good and the only change is a grip frame. There is a space between the rod and the trigger and the length has not been played with. I have a .225 spacer in it now. I am at a loss. I works great if it is loosened up a bit. I almost thought lock-t ite might be the answer if there wasn't so much shock. The bolt is not very worn and this happened right when I changed the frame. Both benchmark, single and double trigger. What am I not seeing?????

Xzion
10-23-2001, 11:10 PM
To fix barrel leak, install the next size down of power tube spacer, a .220 spacer should fix your problem I would think. whats happening is the pin inside the bolt, isnt sealing completely with the power tube o-ring. Another thing you might want to try is to rub a little bit of oil onto your power tube o-ring. that solved a leaking problem on occasion.

DRAGONSLAYER
10-24-2001, 03:12 PM
Check and make sure it is clean around where the o-ring seats. Then you might try some different pt spacers. Also, you might want to check your grip frame for any imperfections in the way it was formed(burs), since it started when you swaped frames.:)