PDA

View Full Version : Velocity Spiking Problems on XMAG

whopper72
08-27-2004, 01:10 AM
Has happened b4 but just recently did it at a tourney. I set the velocity at about 275fps at the start of the day. After one game i had to chrono off at it shot 311fps, needless to say lost some points. After that i went to make adjust ments. I took about 15 shots w/o any adjustments and it went back to 275fps. To be safe i turned it down to 260fps. So we were getting ready for our next game and i figured i should chrono just to make sure, so i did. I shot a consistant 330fps. I didn't have time to do anything too it so i grabbed a back up matrix and used that all day
We got back to our shop that night and i turned it down to 300fps took about 100 shots and what ever was spiking stopped and it stopped shooting untill i turned it up again.

My question is does any one know why this is happening? I don't want to get a differnet gun but this is the second tourney that i had to go to a back up gun because of this problem.

Gun Set up:
X-mag
center flag 68/4500 w/ dynaflow reg set @ 800pst
16" Powerlyte scepter
Empire reloader B

I also have another problem i need the (red) oring that goes between the power tube and the main valve body. For some reason the power tube came un threaded when i was removing the power tube tipe. Now it leaks and i need to rplace the oring because it is streched. This occur when trying to fix the velocity problem.

Dayspring
08-27-2004, 01:34 AM
Are you chrono'ing using the RT chrono prcedure?

whopper72
08-27-2004, 02:16 AM
what procedure is that?

Dayspring
08-27-2004, 11:05 AM
http://www.airgun.com/rtchrono.shtml

toymyster
08-27-2004, 12:41 PM
Make sure your reg assembly is well oiled, your reg seat might be sticking a bit!!!