PDA

View Full Version : What is the best/fastest air setup?

eadtf
08-27-2004, 02:16 AM
So many choices, I have both and Angel and a X-Mag and I am looking for a new air setup, need some help can I get some oppinions?

What has the fastest recharge rate? Reliable? Warranty? Some many people claim that their rig is the best, so what is everyone using?

can'tthink of1
08-27-2004, 02:20 AM
PReset- Crossfire and Centerflag own.

Adjustable- MAcdev Conquest and the Evil Scion

I own a Crossfire and Conquest so I can vouch for them, the other ones are great supposedly too.

gc82000
08-27-2004, 02:32 AM
Yes for a preset I would go with a crossfire or a bulldog. If I could though I would choose a crossfire I own a bulldog 45/45, but want a Crossfire 68/45. They the same, becuase a bulldogs reg is very heavy.
But if you want an adjustable reg then look at the Nitro duck X-stream. They are supposed to be very good. I have a NItro duck preset high 68/30 and it never let me down. And the x-streams are aupposed to very easy to maintain.

proballer
08-27-2004, 06:32 AM
Dynaflow, best tank out there, also there on sale in the dealers forum right now for $225

oldsoldier
08-27-2004, 06:53 AM
Crosfire, hands down best tank I've owned.

p8nt_junkie
08-27-2004, 07:45 AM
Crossfire and Centerflag are the fastest recharging presets hands down. Evil Scion and Centerflag Dynaflows own the adjustable crowd. I have a couple of old Hyperlfows 201s that are getting too heavy, so I'm moving to presets (Hyperflow 420)

madmolly
08-27-2004, 09:39 AM
I like centerflag but I want something adjustable and that takes me to the dynaflow. If you live near Stevens Point WI you can shoot my RT with the dynaflow on it and it is amazing.

_tMAN
08-27-2004, 09:59 AM
MadMolly?
Paintballmollys right? Are you going to have any big games any time soon? My new emag is itching to get some use before school

madmolly
08-27-2004, 10:20 AM
Yeah we are having speedbacl practice this saturday at my shop and then sunday we will be on Dam Road our usual sunday woodsball. Should be a good turnout weather permitting. My big game this year is going to be on October 30th a holloween big game at Dam road. Good fun and if you are over 21 free beer/bonfire at my place afterwards. I am also having a back to school blowout sale on everything in the shop some items marked down 20 percent and that is getting low.

speeddemon
08-27-2004, 10:38 AM
Yes for a preset I would go with a crossfire or a bulldog. If I could though I would choose a crossfire I own a bulldog 45/45, but want a Crossfire 68/45. They the same, becuase a bulldogs reg is very heavy.
But if you want an adjustable reg then look at the Nitro duck X-stream. They are supposed to be very good. I have a NItro duck preset high 68/30 and it never let me down. And the x-streams are aupposed to very easy to maintain.
You do realize that Crossfire uses carleton tanks (really heavy) and ACI uses luxfer tanks (really light). It doesn't matter how much the bulldog reg weighs, that crossfire 68/45 is going to be twice as much.
I think you people are all way to concerned with the tanks airflow. You aren't going to outshoot your tank. If you do, your gun has some serious effeciency problems. Get a tank that you like the way it feels on your gun, and doesn't weigh too much. Go look on some pro teams, there is a team using every single tank in the world, and it doesn't make them any worse players. It kind of gets me that someone will spend 1300 on a gun trying to get the lightest fastest gun out there, and then they go and throw a heavy crossfire tank on it. If you don't believe me about the weight difference, go and find out for yourself. My PMI 88/45 is lighter than any of the 70-72 stubby bottles Ive seen, and its an ounce heavier than a crossfire 68/45.

guysdaman
08-27-2004, 10:43 AM
i'm going to have to second or third the dynaflow. I just picked one up from madmolly and my x-valve sings! It is even lighter that the preset AA melee that I have.

eadtf
08-27-2004, 04:49 PM
Well based on the research I did and my requirements:

Must be adjustable...
Must be able to do an output 1000+ psi...
Must be lighter than average...
Look Good...
and have a great warranty...

So I went with the Apocolypse 2K Air System 72/45...

So I hope I like it, I looked at the Specs of every system recommended and only the dynaflow falls in the same category, so it was 6 in one hand and a half-dozen in the other...

Does anyone have eny experince with the Apocolypse 2K Air System?

Thanks for the input,

Pat

toymyster
08-27-2004, 05:06 PM
I have to cast one for Centerflag also!!! I've had mine for 4 years now and it's been phenomenal!! Not as much as a hickup with me E-mag, and their customer service is second only to AGD!!!

paint magnet
08-27-2004, 05:09 PM
Mac Dev '03 Conquest. (won't work on the Xmag though) I use a Mac Dev Max Attack Series II (predecessor to the 'quest), and have never had any trouble with shootdown, and it's adjustable from 0-1000 psi (the gauge goes to 1200 but I've never tried it that high). They're not made any more since they were replaced by the Conquest, but they are still very light and have a fast recharge rate. If you can find one used, I'd pick it up.

If I had to get something other than the Conquest / Max Attack though, it would be either the Dynaflow or a Crossfire 72/45 preset.

MicroMiniMe
08-27-2004, 05:54 PM

Pat
Well it depends on what marker is your primary. From what I read (not personal experience), the AA systems will give the best reactive Mags and for the greater burst length. Turn that X-Mag to hybrid mode and crank the output up past 900 PSI and get mad sweetspotting.

On the other hand AA doesn't handle lower input presures lower than 400 PSI very well from what I've heard, so just don't try and run the Angel at super low pressure like 200 PSI or anything.

p8ntballsteve
08-28-2004, 09:19 PM
whatever questions you might have, just ask. I'll be able to get you any info you need on the apocolypse.

Must be adjustable...
Look Good...

So I hope I like it, I looked at the Specs of every system recommended and only the dynaflow falls in the same category, so it was 6 in one hand and a half-dozen in the other...

Thanks for the input,

Pat

GT
08-28-2004, 11:29 PM
You do realize that Crossfire uses carleton tanks (really heavy) and ACI uses luxfer tanks (really light).

Difference isnt the company, its the material, fiberglass v. some kind of fiber resin.

I think you people are all way to concerned with the tanks airflow. You aren't going to outshoot your tank. If you do, your gun has some serious effeciency problems.

I am not sure what this means???

Get a tank that you like the way it feels on your gun,

Ok but that but then you say..

Go look on some pro teams, there is a team using every single tank in the world, and it doesn't make them any worse players.

So follow the heard or not?

My PMI 88/45 is lighter than any of the 70-72 stubby bottles Ive seen, and its an ounce heavier than a crossfire 68/45.

I call BS on this one. Here are some tank weights (in pounds)

Crossfire tank weights
45/4500---------------------2.02
68/4500---------------------2.50
70/4500---------------------3.00
92/4500---------------------3.20

Here are somemore weights of tanks I own:

max flow 2k3 68/4.5 --- 3.14
flatline 68/3k 5/01 --- 2.74
Conquest 72/4500 11/02 --- 3.01
Dynaflow 68/4500 6/03 --- 2.69
12 oz Al co2 --- 1.30
*Dynaflow 45/4500 --- 2.16
Dynaflow 68/4500 2/04 --- 2.82

speeddemon
08-29-2004, 11:43 AM
Difference isnt the company, its the material, fiberglass v. some kind of fiber resin.

I am not sure what this means???

Ok but that but then you say..

So follow the heard or not?

I call BS on this one. Here are some tank weights (in pounds)

Crossfire tank weights
45/4500---------------------2.02
68/4500---------------------2.50
70/4500---------------------3.00
92/4500---------------------3.20

Here are somemore weights of tanks I own:

max flow 2k3 68/4.5 --- 3.14
flatline 68/3k 5/01 --- 2.74
Conquest 72/4500 11/02 --- 3.01
Dynaflow 68/4500 6/03 --- 2.69
12 oz Al co2 --- 1.30
*Dynaflow 45/4500 --- 2.16
Dynaflow 68/4500 2/04 --- 2.82

http://www.carltech.com/new-composite/PTDproduct_list.pdf
http://www.luxfercylinders.com/products/paintball/specifications/us_imperial.shtml

Carleton 72/45 ci tanks - 2.90 lbs
Luxfer 88/45 tanks (well now its a 91, same tank though) - 2.8 lbs

Hmm, wow, seems Im right. Look at the bottle specs, some tanks are a lot heavier than you think. The regs are always going to weigh close to the same. Im not sure which 68/45 Carleton is used for paintball tanks, but Ive weighed them and multiple Luxfer tanks, and the luxfer tanks are always lighter.

All Im saying is that people only think about which tank flows the fastest, which is the most consistant, when every gun out there generally has another reg after the tank (of course not talking about set-ups where the inline is dumped for an adjustable tank). If you have another reg after the tank, it doesn't really matter how consistant it is, and unless your shooting a shoebox shocker, its going to flow enough for anything you are going to shoot.

paint magnet
08-29-2004, 03:06 PM
Well it depends on what marker is your primary. From what I read (not personal experience), the AA systems will give the best reactive Mags and for the greater burst length. Turn that X-Mag to hybrid mode and crank the output up past 900 PSI and get mad sweetspotting.

On the other hand AA doesn't handle lower input presures lower than 400 PSI very well from what I've heard, so just don't try and run the Angel at super low pressure like 200 PSI or anything.

It wouldn't really matter, if the Angel runs at 200 psi, that's 200 psi inut from the inline reg, not from the tank (you would probably want to run the tank at 400-450 psi output to the inline reg).

GT
08-29-2004, 03:23 PM
Hmm, wow, seems Im right. Look at the bottle specs, some tanks are a lot heavier than you think.

No what i said was compare apples to apples. Allow me to spell it out compare the same tank make from 72 to 91.

The regs are always going to weigh close to the same.

No they wont. Regs, like tanks, are made out of different materials. some brass, SS, Alunium.

All Im saying is that people only think about which tank flows the fastest, which is the most consistant, when every gun out there generally has another reg after the tank (of course not talking about set-ups where the inline is dumped for an adjustable tank). If you have another reg after the tank, it doesn't really matter how consistant it is,

There are two performance critera for compresed air tanks, Consistancy and Recnarge(I am sure there are techinical terms for these two concepts). Could you imiagine a +/-5% coming out of a 4500? That would be a pressure differential of 225psi! That is enough to kill some inline regs! SO is a consistant tank important? You bet. Next issue is Recharge. You could have a tank that is very consistant yet takes alittle longer to recharge causing massive shootdown. These are not mutually exclusive criteria!

and unless your shooting a shoebox shocker, its going to flow enough for anything you are going to shoot.

I have no clue what you are trying to say here....

eadtf
08-29-2004, 03:44 PM
whatever questions you might have, just ask. I'll be able to get you any info you need on the apocolypse.

O.k. So will the Air America Armageddon 72/45 work well with a X-Mag? Will it keep up with the rate of fire, will I be happy with it?

Thanks,

Pat

Creative Mayhem
08-29-2004, 03:57 PM

Must be adjustable...
Look Good...

Thanks for the input,

Pat

Good choice. I have an older Raptor 68/3k, and have never had a problem with it. It has a good recharge and is relatively light for an SS valve, I have just recently gotten a Apoc2K reg, and I know it is a lot lighter and will recharge just as fast, if not faster, than the older AA regs. The best part about Air America is the customer service, AGD is the only other company that has the same service, you will not be sorry. Have fun.

eadtf
08-30-2004, 02:03 AM
Creative,

I love your X-Mag and am in the process of doing the same thing except all chrome. I stripped everything so far except the main body, inside it is a ring, how did you do it with that ring/ Did you have it removed? How did you strip it? How did you re-anodize it?

This is the only thing left I have to do.

eadtf
08-31-2004, 04:32 PM
Bump!

Creative,

I love your X-Mag and am in the process of doing the same thing except all chrome. I stripped everything so far except the main body, inside it is a ring, how did you do it with that ring/ Did you have it removed? How did you strip it? How did you re-anodize it?

Thermus
08-31-2004, 08:09 PM
I hear AGD flatilines are pretty good tanks... *cough*see signature*cough*

FragTek
08-31-2004, 09:35 PM
I'm gonna hafta go with the MacDev Conquest and a the NitroDuck X-Stream for the adjustable catagory.

Don't have much experience with presets, so I won't put in my two cents for those.

MicroMiniMe
08-31-2004, 10:24 PM
Creative,

The stainless ring and C-clip can be either plugged during anodization or replaced, the ano bath will corrode the two and you just pull out the leftovers and slap in a new set when done.

http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=373&categoryID=16
http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=372&categoryID=16
$2.50 + shipping or a PITA to plug.

FallNAngel
08-31-2004, 10:30 PM
Could you imiagine a +/-5% coming out of a 4500? That would be a pressure differential of 225psi! That is enough to kill some inline regs! SO is a consistant tank important? You bet.

Although I agree with you on some points, wouldn't you be looking at +/- 5% of the tanks output (say... 850), not full bottle pressure of 4500? +/- 5% of that would be what... +- ~40psi Still a large difference, but not quite as bad.

RTDynaflow
09-01-2004, 12:59 AM
As the name suggests, I run an RT (classic) with a Dynaflow 68/45 . Love it, hands down the best tank I have ever used. Now if the gauges just worked when it was disconnected, they could own the world...

Hmm, anyone have any old RT rail plugs?? :cool:

eadtf
09-02-2004, 02:12 AM
$2.50 + shipping or a PITA to plug.

What do you mean PITA?

Thanks,

Pat

MicroMiniMe
09-02-2004, 07:25 AM
Pain In The Arsh.
I think there are a few compounds that resist the corrorsive acid anodizing bath and prevent the bath from penetrating a given area.

eadtf
09-05-2004, 02:56 PM
Pain In The Arsh.
I think there are a few compounds that resist the corrorsive acid anodizing bath and prevent the bath from penetrating a given area.

Yep, I found it... Check it out Look Here... (http://www.caswellplating.com/kits/maskit.htm)

Automaggot68
09-05-2004, 06:55 PM
if you want the fastest....
Plug into a Scuba?