PDA

View Full Version : Can someone identify this??

Ball Buster
10-23-2001, 11:40 PM
I have this sight rail.. I'm thinking about getting rid of it.. But I'd like to know who makes it so I can put a fair price on it for both me and the buyer..

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/tramsootru/sightrail.jpg

Chaos
10-24-2001, 01:01 AM
Its a DYE and you can find product specs on it at skanline.com (they sell it). They sell for around 39.95 if I remember correctly (new) but I could be wrong. They make them in gloss black and blue, not too sure about yours cause it looks flat black, but its a Dye Sight Rail.

Load SM5
10-24-2001, 06:13 AM
Dye, that must be why I hate it. :D

Potatoboy
10-24-2001, 06:19 AM
One would think that if it was DYE that it would be laser engraved/acid etched/stone washed/hologramed/open up a little video screen and play a rendered Full Motion Video so that you know it's a DYE, and therefore better.

Prezents
10-24-2001, 06:57 AM
lol potatoboy
Prezents

pito189
10-24-2001, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by PotatoBoy
One would think that if it was DYE that it would be laser engraved/acid etched/stone washed/hologramed/open up a little video screen and play a rendered Full Motion Video so that you know it's a DYE, and therefore better.

Now that right there is the truth.

DYE- If you don't pay at least 50 bucks more than normal, then you know it's not DYE.

xmetal2001
10-24-2001, 04:44 PM
I don't know why everyone hates DYE so much. Sure everything they make is overpriced but they are a brand name. They price things that way because they can, they have a good business. However, you can be assured that what you get is a quality product.
Its like grocerystore brand stuff, instead of buying Al's Grocery Brand Cola, i would rather just buy a Coke and know i'm getting something i like, even if for a little more.
They have a reputation that allows them to sell their products at a high price, they are just taking advantage of that.

pito189
10-24-2001, 04:54 PM
I do agree with that they make good products. I guess I'm mad cause I can't afford any of it.