PDA

View Full Version : What Have I Missed?

mjs1217
08-27-2004, 07:16 PM
I'm getting back into paintball, I think. But, I've been outta the loop for almost a year now, or at least 6 months. What have I missed? New guns out? New developments? I got "out of the loop" around the time the QLoader was made available to the public. I do know about the entire Smart Parts thing, but nothing recent. So, what have I missed?

Chronobreak
08-27-2004, 07:25 PM
hm...mgiht wanna check out the latest sp/wdp fiascos should be on teh first paqge here. dont know if u missed some of the newer mag developments?

68magOwner
08-27-2004, 08:58 PM
smart parts sued people (mainly AKA and ICD, i think) because SP holds patent to electro guns, there were 30000000 new timmys you missed, all the same thing, cept the 2k4 ones are lighter/smaller, 2k3 shocker, one of the smallest/lightest guns to date i (bout size of mag) but, i havent been very impressed with the one i used, uhh, the hAir trigger frame is coming out for automags, its a mech frame, but has the trigger pull of an electro (verified 21bps) uhh, not alot i guess, DM4, cyborb, both good markers, freestyle too

mjs1217
08-27-2004, 10:01 PM
smart parts sued people (mainly AKA and ICD, i think) because SP holds patent to electro guns, there were 30000000 new timmys you missed, all the same thing, cept the 2k4 ones are lighter/smaller, 2k3 shocker, one of the smallest/lightest guns to date i (bout size of mag) but, i havent been very impressed with the one i used, uhh, the hAir trigger frame is coming out for automags, its a mech frame, but has the trigger pull of an electro (verified 21bps) uhh, not alot i guess, DM4, cyborb, both good markers, freestyle too

Yeah, I know all of that, but thanks for the help. Any other completely new designs happen? I noticed that AGD is selling Sydarms, w00t! Too bad I don't have any money...

1ofkind
08-27-2004, 10:13 PM
"what have I missed"

Your better off looking for a book on this subject.

toymyster
08-27-2004, 10:18 PM
Remember the old saying:
"The more things change, the more they stay the same"
You haven't missed all that much!!!

68magOwner
08-27-2004, 10:28 PM
uhh, naught dogs changed gun sponsors 3 times (well, technicially changed twice, but went through 3 sponsors, wateva) INfamous beat dynasty (big deal to some) then russian legion beat infamous (woo hoo, gonna make alot of money off em, i called em from seasons start, go legion :headbang: ) i dunno, what had happened before you left?

mjs1217
08-27-2004, 10:41 PM
uhh, naught dogs changed gun sponsors 3 times (well, technicially changed twice, but went through 3 sponsors, wateva) INfamous beat dynasty (big deal to some) then russian legion beat infamous (woo hoo, gonna make alot of money off em, i called em from seasons start, go legion :headbang: ) i dunno, what had happened before you left?

I remember that Dynasty was completely owning EVERYBODY, lol...Hmm...
What sponsor are they using now?
And also, i've never even heard of Russian Legion...?

FreakBaller12
08-27-2004, 11:14 PM
i hope you heard about the hAir! :wow: :wow:

russian legion is a is a team from yes you guess it, russia. They are a pro team and I first heard of them on smoked which is the 01 Cup, so they've been around for a bit, but i guess just recently got in the spot light.

68magOwner
08-27-2004, 11:55 PM
I remember that Dynasty was completely owning EVERYBODY, lol...Hmm...
What sponsor are they using now?
And also, i've never even heard of Russian Legion...?

yea, dynasty has still been winning up untill recently, and they shoot smart parts shockers (proabably the nerve too)

russian legion- train 6 days a week, dont have other jobs, just play, have a CRAZY training schedule, never stop, probably the only team that dosent cheat at all. Are shooting there own custom intimidators right now (had been with WDP angels) my prediction for them is that they are gonna own EVERYONE for a while

Got_Paint
08-28-2004, 12:21 AM
ND's haven't changed sponsers at all.

Their sponsered through NPS, so they can shoot any gun they want.

mjs1217
08-28-2004, 08:30 AM
yea, dynasty has still been winning up untill recently, and they shoot smart parts shockers (proabably the nerve too)

russian legion- train 6 days a week, dont have other jobs, just play, have a CRAZY training schedule, never stop, probably the only team that dosent cheat at all. Are shooting there own custom intimidators right now (had been with WDP angels) my prediction for them is that they are gonna own EVERYONE for a while

Did they start off in Russia, or did the team form here but they were all born in Russia, or what?

Bolter
08-28-2004, 11:18 AM
they started off in russia. This guy owns a bank chain and funded an Am team made up of employees, to play paintball in Europe and then America as a Pro team. They played well, but just couldn't win against the Americans. This year though they have change the way everyone has to think about paintball. The players are now paid full time and housed in Moscow by the team, and they play Xball (you heard of this right?). The team held try outs across the globe and picked up a Hungarian (am I right with this one?) an English guy and a Brazilian and have trained for 5 days a week since. This weekend is the big test as they are playing a PSP event against big teams like Infamous, Dynasty, Avalanche etc and so far.....they are winning! Yay! I'll dig out a video........

Russians Mowing..... (http://www.russianlegion.ru/eng/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=1)

tru_flip56
08-28-2004, 02:14 PM
Dynasty's main sponsor's WDP right?

frontrunner
08-28-2004, 03:17 PM
boys all this sponsership stuff and you don't mention that claire's contract with AGD was not renewed (AGD is backing off on turny teams), oh well someone had to deliver the bad news

tru_flip56
08-28-2004, 05:27 PM
is it?