PDA

View Full Version : can this be made for automags????

Bob_da_Splatman
08-27-2004, 08:48 PM
http://www.wermmods.com/prod_images/predfr2.1.jpg
How about this??? Undertow (http://www.wermmods.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=browse&id=108921&pageid=60)
Can these be moded to fit Mags

-=Squid=-
08-27-2004, 08:49 PM
No, and no.

Closest you will get to a frame like that is coolhands frame. I guess rogue too, but I recommend coolhand.

WenULiVeUdiE
08-27-2004, 08:51 PM
Look's interesting. I'm not sure how comfortable it would be though. I'm sure with alot work your could get it to fit.

Head knight of Ni
08-27-2004, 08:54 PM
On the undertow idea I see a possibility for paint to act like a knuckle ball. Hollow items and liquids don't form a very good axis. Why would combining the two yield greater results.

68magOwner
08-27-2004, 08:55 PM
that frame is no better than any vert, adn the undertoe is proven to not work very well (dosent provide same backspin every shot because of variants in paint, so, some balls farther than others, screws it all up

ojhspyro89
08-27-2004, 10:08 PM
Thats just about the DUMBEST looking frame ive ever seen. Probably feels like shooting a banana.

xXHavokXx
08-27-2004, 10:50 PM
Thats just about the DUMBEST looking frame ive ever seen. Probably feels like shooting a banana.
Having shot a banana recently I can assure you this is 15% better.

PBCapo
08-27-2004, 11:34 PM
No, and no.

Closest you will get to a frame like that is coolhands frame. I guess rogue too, but I recommend coolhand.

I would say more like yes and yes. He was asking if they could be made, not if they are already. I see no reason why that frame wouldnt work. And, my friend, for a senior physics project, made a bolt just like that for a mag. He used a stock bolt and modified it, i don't remember exactly what he did, but his name here is DoctorStox, you can ask him.

FragTek
08-27-2004, 11:39 PM
Just pick up an RPG Vert. Frame from RogueFactor, it's about as close as you're going to get to the "banana" frame ;)

space_weazel_45
08-27-2004, 11:41 PM
Yes it could be modified to fit, you would need a vertical mill and probably a drill press but it could be done.

And I happen to think it looks kinda neat, and it would be awesome to make one fit, one of those one-of things. If that’s what some one likes more power to them, I’m still rocking the wood grips even though that seems to have become a deadly sin around here.

Creative Mayhem
08-28-2004, 08:21 AM
I agree with everyone on the "get a Rogue vert frame" very nice and correct AGD tolerances. I kinda like that frame though, in a strange way... :tard:

ojhspyro89
08-28-2004, 10:16 AM
Having shot a banana recently I can assure you this is 15% better.
hahahahahahaahahahaha. Thats awsome. My family doesnt eat nanners so i havnt shot to many in a while. I think the last one ive shot was going at 900 fps at a peice of 3/4" ply wood :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Bob_da_Splatman
08-28-2004, 11:47 AM
Okay, Don't get me wrong here Love the current frames out there but I thought this just would look sweet on a mag!!!!

As for the undertow it would then work better the better balls you used correct?

FragTek
08-28-2004, 12:01 PM
Technically if every ball was perfectly round and exactly the same size with a "loose" fit into the barrel the undertow would probably work pretty good... That's just my thought.

XbeasleyX
08-28-2004, 12:12 PM
Havok - Permission to use banana shooting statement in sig? :D lmao

danoxide
08-28-2004, 12:17 PM
this "undertow" idea has already been used on mags for about 5 years before these people started putting them on impulses....its called a Z body....a Z body just puts backspin on the ball and gives you a greater range and accuracy(supposibly)

:cheers:

Enemy
08-28-2004, 12:23 PM
ok in reallity the frame is easy just request one that isnt pre drilled and then line up and drill your holes and then dremel out a section just inside the trigger for the pin..in reality the mags stock design is the easiest to do something like that the only tolerances that make a difference are the back travel of the trigg and the line up of the grip frame to the screws and in relation to the trigger rod basically if you have everything lined up right and enough travel in the trigger to push the rod back far enough to fire the gun and then a little more for saftey travel then you have it!!! not all that hard barring the trigger gaurd isnt in the way! give it a shot and see what you come up with! and sorry about puncuation im kinda rushing to go do other things..later all