PDA

View Full Version : PUG Tank (Mini-Panzer)

Glickman
08-27-2004, 10:16 PM
What a awsome tank! anyone have one, or tried one? im hopefully gonna make an appearance with one at shatnerball III.

http://www.stonegryphon.com/
*Just Click Paintball*

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/resources/books/pug/pug2.jpg

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/resources/books/pug/title_pug.jpg

_tMAN
08-27-2004, 10:20 PM
those look so funny :p

Athius
08-27-2004, 10:23 PM
From where the cannon is.

It looks like a penis. :rofl:

Glickman
08-27-2004, 10:28 PM
the guys at gryphon studios are extreamly nice, and hopefully ill give a full review after SBIII

figured id get some structured comments here but *sigh* i shouldve known :rofl: :rofl:

doc_Zox
08-27-2004, 11:07 PM
i hope they bring a few to SB
i have a couple dozen nerf vortexi awaiting slow moving targets

:D

Chipper
08-28-2004, 08:08 AM
Only thing about them is there is no engine :eek: . That means you have to walk around in one of those big butt things.

MicroMiniMe
08-28-2004, 09:08 AM
PM Loud Tip or Big_Chops. They both reffed a Big Game using a pair of those kinda tanks in it. Bottom line, you get what you pay for/build yourself.
Since the tank rules usually indicate normal fire is ignored for the tanker, you can still spray the mesh cockpit and blind the driver with splatter. And they are slow and can only go on trails. They do make for some cover but also draw some good attention.

TheTramp
08-28-2004, 12:28 PM
I think it would be a good idea to make one a little longer that held two people. It wouldn't be that much heavier and the two people would carry it around longer. Plus, you've have a little more firepower.

RogueFactoryKid
08-28-2004, 12:57 PM
From where the cannon is.

It looks like a penis. :rofl:

haha He said penis :D

Glickman
08-28-2004, 01:05 PM
cant say theill be slow moving, as they will go as fast as iu can run (the 5 mph limit may not apply)

one of those "peni" are actually a 1 1/2' wide launcher

BlackWeenie
08-28-2004, 06:27 PM
i think that those things would be a lot of fun in a scenario game. you could have scenarios involving them and it would be really cool.

SpecialBlend2786
08-28-2004, 07:58 PM
lol, if you could find a way....maybe you could extend it, and rig one of those motorized scooters inside. Have a driver and a gunner :clap:

Glickman
08-29-2004, 02:33 PM
they will have more comming :
- Single Person Pug shaped as a chopper
- Panzerhandwagen two-person human-powered
- Drop-on plywood armor shell that converts an Argo Vanguard 6x6 into a GREAT 3-person tank.
- armor shell that converts an Argo 8x8, John Deere Gator or Polaris Ranger 6x6 into one serious piece of paintball armor.

Mike Smith
08-29-2004, 09:35 PM
Those have been at Paintball Sams May big games for several years.

The first year they had the screen tight. That made it easy to break paintballs on the screen in front of the "driver", thus coating his goggles to the point of "I can't see!".

The next year the screen/netting was loose. You had to line up the PVC brace with the goggles of the player in the PUG and splatter him to shut down the tank/PUG. It has become more difficult to slow them down/eliminate them.

However, I have money and I'm not afraid of wasting paint, looking for the weak spot.... :p