PDA

View Full Version : New Sponsor!!!

JoshK
08-28-2004, 01:36 AM
YAY! My team got a new sponsor...they are redz (heard of 'em ;) ). Well they are basically giving us good deals on everything until we start placing in tournies...then they will probly up our sponsorship... heres a link to my teams site... http://teamshift.xtreem-paintball.com

Im just sooo happy...all i have to do is fill out the contract thing and we are sponsored!!! :shooting: :shooting: :shooting: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Automaggot68
08-28-2004, 03:56 AM
Is this a repost?

JoshK
08-28-2004, 10:21 AM
What? I've never posted a topic on this...

1ofkind
08-28-2004, 10:38 AM
Wow, whats going on in this thread?

Automaggot68
08-28-2004, 01:42 PM
What? I've never posted a topic on this...

Sorry, I could have sworn that someone just posted that they were recently sponsored by RedZ. Sorry for the mix up, and congrats on your sponsorship :-D :spit_take :cheers:

DiSoRdeR
08-28-2004, 02:16 PM
Some one else also got sponsored by them, I remember reading that thread. Thats cool though, how do you get sponsored? I wouldnt know ;)

The Action Figure
08-28-2004, 02:35 PM
well I find it funny that his team shoots spyder clones, tippmanns, and a mech cocker. they have never played a tourney, and still have a better sponsor than we do lol :( :D :)

Automaggot68
08-28-2004, 02:42 PM
well I find it funny that his team shoots spyder clones, tippmanns, and a mech cocker. they have never played a tourney, and still have a better sponsor than we do lol :( :D :)
You know, I have to agree with you. I've been palying competitive ball for around 7 years now, and I've never had a sponsor of RedZ caliber.
hell, Good for them though

penguinpunk555
08-28-2004, 02:57 PM
Easy sponser to get. All they give you is some cheap discounts.

If you place well in tourneys and have a good teams you get free stuff and larger discounts.

1ofkind
08-28-2004, 03:04 PM
LMAO, its all has to do with connections man ;)

Automaggot68
08-28-2004, 03:05 PM
Easy sponser to get. All they give you is some cheap discounts.

If you place well in tourneys and have a good teams you get free stuff and larger discounts.
Lol, I had no idea.

Digits
08-28-2004, 03:09 PM
sponsors that only give you discounts = teh sux

RogueFactoryKid
08-28-2004, 03:25 PM
Not Getting any sponsor at all = teh uber sux

Automaggot68
08-28-2004, 03:28 PM
Not Getting any sponsor at all = teh uber sux
Agreed.

OysterBoy
08-28-2004, 03:29 PM
Ace Ventura = Maga Sukc

lol.

But seriously; I've heard of alot of people getting sponsored by Redz. Good for business, having every upcoming team wearing redz gear.

peewee
08-28-2004, 03:33 PM
Any sponorship is good. Back in the late 80's early 90's that is what was given 95% of the time. Discounts mean that much more money for the team fund etc. In regards on how to get a sponsor its all in being able to sell your team. Websites,bio's, etc all score points. Hint , PAINTBALLNEWBIE. IF looking at masks Scotts reps are very easy to speak to. We had a team resume that we sent out as well as a couple people that worked many hours on the phone to set up our sponsors. I look at players today & cant help but feel sad ( note Digits post above) unless you can step out & whoop the big dogs out the gate ( you have to do it first) Your not gonna get free anything. We were able to get AGD with reduced cost on markers & parts. Scotts , proball was our paint.When paint cost min$75 a case getting it for $35 was a big saving. Made it so that we could do alot more traveling.

1ofkind
08-28-2004, 08:35 PM
My team got sponsored by a health insurance company and omg were loaded. We dont have any oblagations, we just play paintball... I love my jersey the most "Will Lennox #69".

flyinasian016
08-28-2004, 10:30 PM
damn, whats up with Redz going Sponsor Happy. There have been quite a few people on AO getting sponsored by them. Do they only sponsor 3-man teams? I am thinking aobut applying my team for a 5-man sponsorship if they do 5-man. Anyone got a link or something for the redz site/contact information?

JoshK
08-28-2004, 10:59 PM
You dont have to be a 3 man...i have a 5 man...here is the link...

http://www.redzcomfort.com/sponsors.asp

xXHavokXx
08-28-2004, 11:07 PM
I got sponsored by the American Communist Party but the took our sponsor ship and gave it TO ZHE PEOPLE!

Sorry bad joke,.....good job though

Digits
08-28-2004, 11:55 PM
Any sponorship is good. Back in the late 80's early 90's that is what was given 95% of the time. Discounts mean that much more money for the team fund etc. In regards on how to get a sponsor its all in being able to sell your team. Websites,bio's, etc all score points. Hint , PAINTBALLNEWBIE. IF looking at masks Scotts reps are very easy to speak to. We had a team resume that we sent out as well as a couple people that worked many hours on the phone to set up our sponsors. I look at players today & cant help but feel sad ( note Digits post above) unless you can step out & whoop the big dogs out the gate ( you have to do it first) Your not gonna get free anything. We were able to get AGD with reduced cost on markers & parts. Scotts , proball was our paint.When paint cost min$75 a case getting it for $35 was a big saving. Made it so that we could do alot more traveling.

Discount sponsers = sucks.. Unless you need to buy say a pack from redz. after you by the pack though there good for nothing.. Don't argue with it.. It's the truth!! haha

Plus my team gets sponsored 500 a tourny + other smaller amount of money here and there.. You just have to ask around :)

Digits
08-28-2004, 11:58 PM
My team got sponsored by a health insurance company and omg were loaded. We dont have any oblagations, we just play paintball... I love my jersey the most "Will Lennox #69".

you = pwn me.. How did you pull it off?

peewee
08-30-2004, 04:24 PM
:rolleyes: Just gotta ask who's your sponser? I have seen many teams come & go claiming to be sponserd for money. Most of these teams are no longer with us. My coments are aimed at in the industry sponsers.

Discount sponsers = sucks.. Unless you need to buy say a pack from redz. after you by the pack though there good for nothing.. Don't argue with it.. It's the truth!! haha Childish...

Untill you need something more like a replacment part etc. Or you place in the top three teams for several events & then they pay your way to larger events. Or you show up at an event & your paint / entrance fee is payed for.

I know of several teams all trying to get sponsers from every corner of the planet. Dentists, carpet cleaners etc... The problem is that businesses like these dont get much out of the deal.( usually only do it once) I have a friend that is working his butt off to get all the tournies his team is hitting next season sponsored by one company per event ( paying the full bill). He knows he will have to do this every year because Dr Browns dentistry isnt probably going to get much out of it other than a write off for advertising.

FragTek
08-30-2004, 04:28 PM
Gratz on the new sponsor! Hope your team goes far and continues to grow on to bigger and better things! :cheers:

JoshK
08-30-2004, 05:42 PM
:rolleyes: Just gotta ask who's your sponser? I have seen many teams come & go claiming to be sponserd for money. Most of these teams are no longer with us. My coments are aimed at in the industry sponsers.

Childish...

Untill you need something more like a replacment part etc. Or you place in the top three teams for several events & then they pay your way to larger events. Or you show up at an event & your paint / entrance fee is payed for.

I know of several teams all trying to get sponsers from every corner of the planet. Dentists, carpet cleaners etc... The problem is that businesses like these dont get much out of the deal.( usually only do it once) I have a friend that is working his butt off to get all the tournies his team is hitting next season sponsored by one company per event ( paying the full bill). He knows he will have to do this every year because Dr Browns dentistry isnt probably going to get much out of it other than a write off for advertising.

Confused :confused:

Digits
08-30-2004, 08:50 PM

Childish...

just because you can't get cash sponsors doesn't mean others cant.. My team is 1 of the 2 good teams in my area so people sponsor us..

We have a battery sponsor (we just ask for what we want and we get it)
We get sponsored 500 a tourny from Twinpro Industrials
We get sponsored 300 a year from D.A. Electric

... You just have to get the people who will be sponsoring you to come out and watch you kick other teams asses and they will be 10x more interested.

I've had discount sponsors before and I personally don't like them.

peewee
08-31-2004, 09:31 AM
I make no attempt at getting sponsors cash or otherwise. The days of tourny ball were burnt out of me a long ago. But dont you think its pretty good that a kids team in their mid teens is able to get any kind of sponsership at all? I do. Telling him that his type of sponser sucks is like telling a kid that his first girlfriend is ugly.

JoshK
08-31-2004, 09:55 AM
I make no attempt at getting sponsors cash or otherwise. The days of tourny ball were burnt out of me a long ago. But dont you think its pretty good that a kids team in their mid teens is able to get any kind of sponsership at all? I do. Telling him that his type of sponser sucks is like telling a kid that his first girlfriend is ugly.

:hail: Wisly said my friend...ya...you could even say lower teens...because teen is really 13-19...and our youngest player is 13...

NoFearPaintballer
08-31-2004, 01:57 PM
redz is sponsering jsut about any team with no exp....

they sponser any team size

in one week they signed 3 teams at this one field....

penguinpunk555
08-31-2004, 02:02 PM
This kinda got me mad.

So you wanna scrimmage.

Shift VS. Pain.

JoshK
08-31-2004, 03:52 PM
like i allways tell ya...i dont wanna get handed..but i would like to play with or against your team sometime

penguinpunk555
08-31-2004, 04:00 PM
Black Rain
3 o'clock
Saturday.

JoshK
08-31-2004, 04:02 PM
:eek:

penguinpunk555
08-31-2004, 04:10 PM
Be there.

NoFearPaintballer
09-01-2004, 10:21 AM
o man nate.. your even scaring me! and im on your team! :eek:

penguinpunk555
09-01-2004, 02:09 PM
I think I scare everyone when I play.
I mean I'm a fricken Ninja guy person.

JoshK
09-01-2004, 03:33 PM
I think I scare everyone when I play.
I mean I'm a fricken Ninja guy person.

:rolleyes: ...ok

penguinpunk555
09-01-2004, 03:34 PM
:rolleyes: ...ok

1 on 1 then, eh?

:ninja:

Me> :shooting: you> :cry:

JoshK
09-01-2004, 03:37 PM
no. unless its sometime i actually am doing nothing...

-=Squid=-
09-01-2004, 03:48 PM
I dont know which one is lamer; penguin punk challenging some kid on the internet or the guy declining.

http://www.automags.org/forums/images/icons/icon13.gif

Iron Mag13
09-01-2004, 04:44 PM
HEY im happy for him lol when i got my frist sponser Frag Tek i was like WOOT lol from then i have had 4 sponser who pay all entree to any tourny altho i am moving in a month to AK. so i have had to give me team to the co captin so i can join the team down there...but still think of how your first sponser was...

And long live the :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

penguinpunk555
09-02-2004, 09:11 PM
Squid... We have been talking to each other abotu setting up a scrimmage and stuff so we just messing aroud.

-=Squid=-
09-02-2004, 09:13 PM
Squid... We have been talking to each other abotu setting up a scrimmage and stuff so we just messing aroud.
In that case, previous statement retracted.

JoshK
09-02-2004, 09:14 PM
Ya man...and I might be interested in some of your macro for my teammates and friends...