PDA

View Full Version : What color/brand/price paint at SB3?

ffs1942
08-28-2004, 06:52 AM
What's the final word on the paint avail?

What make?

What shell/fill colors?

What price?

Cheaper by case, or is it the same price if I buy it by the bag?

Am forecasting ammo budget, am particular about colors. My fast gun is smallbore, but my pumps are largebore.

Brian

warthog2t0
08-28-2004, 09:55 AM
saturday is feild paint, and on sunday it's vendors paint. so irt can vary. expect $60-100

Muzikman
08-28-2004, 09:58 AM
They said Tippmann, PMI and Zap will be there selling paint for Sunday. The paint you buy on Saturday from CPX can not be used on Sunday and the paint that you buy for Sunday can not be used on Saturday (which kinda blows).

I doubt they will tell you the color (of shell or fill) before the event. That way people don't run out and try and find those colors (if it's not custom paint).

And have not heard a word on pricing. Ya might be able to call and talk to each paint vendor listed above and see if they can give you a ball park.

And if they do divide up cases of paint, I doubt that it will be cheaper than an entire case. I have NEVER seen that. My guess though is that they will probably only be selling by the case, makes things easier for them.

ffs1942
08-29-2004, 08:55 AM
I was hoping to show up Sat afternoon to gas and paint up to save time Sun AM. Does this mean I can't get paint til Sun AM at some bazaar? Sounds like a total goatf**k.

What's to keep people from bringing their own leftover paint and if it matches the many brands avail, using it?

How will the refs be able to keep track of all the different paint to make sure local paint is used?

wyn1370
08-29-2004, 09:04 AM
Word is paint for sunday will be available for sale on saturday. Hopefully so will full air fills.

Muzikman
08-29-2004, 09:11 AM
I was hoping to show up Sat afternoon to gas and paint up to save time Sun AM. Does this mean I can't get paint til Sun AM at some bazaar? Sounds like a total goatf**k.

What's to keep people from bringing their own leftover paint and if it matches the many brands avail, using it?

How will the refs be able to keep track of all the different paint to make sure local paint is used?

I am sure that the three companies will only be bringing one or two colors each. So at worse, the refs would have to remember 6 different colors. When they see someone walking off with a color that is not one of these 6, they will go looking. Trust me, they will find you and you will be thrown out of the event I am sure. Remember, this is a cherity event. By you not buying the event paint, you are hurting the cheriities and the promoters (ie. AGD). Please do not do this.

cabldawg
08-29-2004, 10:32 AM
I'd be willing to bet that the fills will all be the same color.

tasker89
09-02-2004, 01:19 PM
CenterFlag and ZAP will be selling:

Primer @ $ 70.00 per case
Tork @ $ 80.00 per case
Chronic @ $90.00 per case

Fill colors are TBA.