PDA

View Full Version : i turned a classic valve reactive

Wc Keep
08-28-2004, 05:51 PM
so govnamac calls me and tells me he has a problem with a mag. he tried posting his problem here but everyone kept telling him he has an autoresponse frame. so he brings me the gun and i start fooling around with it when i amazingly fix it. but in the process i forgot to put something back in the valve and the trigger is bouncing as if it were an rt valve. it was a nice controlled higher rof bounce. i was so shocked.

GT
08-28-2004, 05:54 PM
i forgot to put something back in the valve .

?

DiSoRdeR
08-28-2004, 05:54 PM
but in the process i forgot to put something back in the valve
Will that cause any problems to the valve? And is it even good to do that?

Wc Keep
08-28-2004, 06:02 PM
Will that cause any problems to the valve? And is it even good to do that?

good questions. the thing i took out which we will leave unknown probably does play a part. i did shoot about 500 psi of a tank with this thing out and it didnt seem to have any problems just a slight very faint leak. im sure playing with it like this for too long will cause problems but i was pretty cool.

ryanshep
08-28-2004, 07:09 PM
which we will leave unknown

:confused: y? whats accomplished by not telling us....? :rolleyes: :confused:

Wc Keep
08-28-2004, 07:14 PM
:confused: y? whats accomplished by not telling us....? :rolleyes: :confused:

look at tunamans sig and you will understand.

GT
08-28-2004, 11:04 PM
look at tunamans sig and you will understand.

Ummm...

Tunaman does that because he is an AGD dealer..... There shouldnt be any reason why you couldnt share your info.

Wc Keep
08-29-2004, 12:20 AM
yes but i am a strong supporter of agd products in the way they were meant to be used.

Destructo6
08-29-2004, 12:56 AM
Yet you posted something that was not, "agd products in the way they were meant to be used," and sure to be of great interest to many?

GT
08-29-2004, 01:03 AM
yes but i am a strong supporter of agd products in the way they were meant to be used.

what is the point of this board?........ Oh thats right, AO is for posting pics of your new mag and discuss future project. Spill the beans, that is the point of message boards.

tyrion2323
08-29-2004, 07:44 AM
You can't have it both ways. Either you delete this thread because of your disdain for those who modify AGD products or you let us in on your secret. Without doing so, there's no way for us to legitimate anything you've claimed.

Wc Keep
08-29-2004, 07:47 AM
You can't have it both ways. Either you delete this thread because of your disdain for those who modify AGD products or you let us in on your secret. Without doing so, there's no way for us to legitimate anything you've claimed.

no because people are going to go home and try it and possibly screw up their valve and then have to send it to agd and set agd back even further than they already are. i just thought it was a cool fact that i had stumbled apon.

Muzikman
08-29-2004, 08:45 AM
The only thing I can think of is the on/off top. But not sure why it would even work then.

rx2
08-29-2004, 11:49 AM
A similar thing happened to me one day when I was rushing to change an o-ring in my valve and hadn't noticed that teflon o-ring that seals against the on/off pin had fallen out. There was nothing cutting off the flow of air when I depressed the trigger, so the bolt kept bouncing. This is very bad for your sear and your bolt, though.

FSU_Paintball
08-29-2004, 11:53 AM
What a self-BJ of a topic this is.

"I did something amazing. I'm not gonna tell you how to do it, though"

Wow, thanks so much.

Muzikman
08-29-2004, 11:58 AM
WC, ya know, I think your thread is gonna cause exactly what you are trying to prevent. Since you will not tell people what you left out, people are gonna go home, rip apart their valve and start leaving parts out of it. They are gonna end up hurting themselfs, someone else, or break the valve. It would be eaiser if you just told them.

FSU_Paintball
08-29-2004, 12:00 PM
I think he just removed one of the o-rings from the on/off assembly. I've done this before and it turned a classic into a full-auto. Not sure if it fully cycled, though; I didn't try it with paint.

Beemer
08-29-2004, 01:15 PM
it was a nice controlled higher rof bounce. i was so shocked.

Ya I call BS. Nothing controlled about FA or runaway.[reactive not] Besides if ya know what youre doing you can do that with out leaveing any parts out.

GT
08-29-2004, 02:45 PM
Ya I call BS. Nothing controlled about FA or runaway.[reactive not] Besides if ya know what youre doing you can do that with out leaveing any parts out.

that was my point. I didnt want to call BS, rather, replicate the methods with simliar results.

Feel free to pm me with the "mod"

gt

Wc Keep
08-29-2004, 04:15 PM
im going to try and do it one more time, and no it wasnt the on off. im going to see why it was actually doing that and then ill let everyone know what it was. gtrsi hit me up on aim.

Wc Keep
08-29-2004, 05:10 PM
ok guys here it is. your gun will not function 100% but it does make the valve reactive.

first take your stock on off and put an rt on off instead.
next take your powertube spacer out but leave the oring in.

and thats what is making this gun reactive.

Enemy
08-30-2004, 05:31 AM
makes very little since.. but hey that is def not something i wanna try on my classic any time soon..surprised the thing worked at all!! awesome mistake though.