PDA

View Full Version : Christmas in August...Spring Feed Tippmann 98 Custom SMG/Pistol <PICS>

LudavicoSoldier
08-28-2004, 09:45 PM
I had been thinking about getting my 98 Custom customized by Punisher to accept spring feed tubes for some time. I wasnt expecting to get this done any time soon (custom work and all). While I was at a local field today, I saw a custom made spring feed tube that a field affiliate had made for LEO training with the M98. This is VERY well made, and I was astonished at the low price! I got this for 1/4 of what a one off custom mod would have cost. The tube holds 12 balls in total, with a powerfeed plug in the front end to shut off paint supply, also removable for reload. I just tried it out with a 20oz direct to the VRA, and it worked beautifully. Gotta work on the balance though, planning on a M4 stock, 16oz one the VRA, and a Freak back with flashpoint tip when I get a barrel adaptor.

Check it out:

http://idisk.mac.com/dgreening/Public/spring1.jpg

http://idisk.mac.com/dgreening/Public/spring2.jpg

http://idisk.mac.com/dgreening/Public/spring3.jpg

If anyone is interested, I might be able to get my hands on a few more.

_tMAN
08-28-2004, 09:49 PM
Pretty cool, you should make it a pump though. That would be pimpin'

LudavicoSoldier
08-28-2004, 09:55 PM
I would if I could. I am pretty happy with it as it is. The idea here is having a light rifle style gun that I can run with.

_tMAN
08-28-2004, 09:57 PM
Yeah that's true, but props for getting that thing on and making it work

10 Schnazziness Points to you ;) :p :D

Automaggot68
08-29-2004, 01:03 PM
That is one of the hottest things I've ever seen on a Tippmann.
I did that once years ago, but I simply modified an extra elblow I had. It looked cool, did the job but you win. You totally win man.
Have fun with that sucker :cheers:

TDonovan
08-29-2004, 01:08 PM
How much did it cost? I'd be interested in getting one for my 98c...

Creative Mayhem
08-29-2004, 04:02 PM
VERY NICE!

If I ever get a Tippy, I will be getting one of those.

LudavicoSoldier
08-29-2004, 04:08 PM
Thanks for the compliments! I bought the spring tube at Fox 4 Paintball in Upton, MA. They are a LARGE scenerio/woodsball field with a NICE X-Ball setup as well. Contact the store via the website (www.fox4paintball.com). I would probably suggest calling, and talk to the shop manager. I picked mine up for $40!!

dwab3000
08-29-2004, 04:12 PM
im actually thinking of making a pump 98...shouldnt be too hard :rolleyes:

TDonovan
08-29-2004, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the compliments! I bought the spring tube at Fox 4 Paintball in Upton, MA. They are a LARGE scenerio/woodsball field with a NICE X-Ball setup as well. Contact the store via the website (www.fox4paintball.com). I would probably suggest calling, and talk to the shop manager. I picked mine up for $40!!

So the whole assembly is 40 bucks?

How easy would it be to reload IN game with 10 rd tubes? If I can only shoot 14 with it and then it's a pain to reload it might not be worth my money right away.

LudavicoSoldier
08-29-2004, 05:21 PM
Very easy to reload. You simply pull the plug, lock the spring back and dump a ciger tube in. Replace plug, unlatch spring and go. I am going to put a ring on the plug to make it easier to grab.

slade
08-30-2004, 02:47 PM
you go to fox 4? its a great field, i like it cause my friend likes woodsball and i like speedball (and btw it is speedball, not x-ball). so do they have those in the store, or do you have to talk to someone there to get it? also is it made for m98s or can you just adapt it to any gun?

BobTheCow
08-30-2004, 03:15 PM
Am I missing something? Does it use 12g, or a tank? :confused:

DiSoRdeR
08-30-2004, 04:37 PM
I never knew they made those for 98 customs, I might have to check them out :D

LudavicoSoldier
08-30-2004, 05:56 PM
you go to fox 4? its a great field, i like it cause my friend likes woodsball and i like speedball (and btw it is speedball, not x-ball). so do they have those in the store, or do you have to talk to someone there to get it? also is it made for m98s or can you just adapt it to any gun?

I was there on Saturday, and there was def. an X-Ball field right next a half blown up Airball field. Directly to the left of stage. Cant miss it; big x in the middle! :ninja:

I believe they only made them for the 98. I assume that if you could make another base for it (it is a 2 part system; tube and machined base) you COULD adapt it to another gun.

LudavicoSoldier
08-30-2004, 05:59 PM
Am I missing something? Does it use 12g, or a tank? :confused:

Uses a tank, or any other air setup that a M98 can take. The spring tube is simply a feed device. I am planning on getting a M4 stock (collapsable) and run a 16oz right off the VRA.

Steelrat
08-30-2004, 06:07 PM
NAD, good stuff. I have a 1600 preamp, and used to have a 2100 amp.

LudavicoSoldier
08-30-2004, 06:15 PM
NAD, good stuff. I have a 1600 preamp, and used to have a 2100 amp.

Yup, good stuff. The components are driving a pair of Canton Ergo 702DCs. Heres a better pic:

http://idisk.mac.com/dgreening/Public/Canton7.jpg

http://idisk.mac.com/dgreening/Public/Canton4.jpg

Steelrat
08-30-2004, 06:19 PM
Good stuff! I miss my NAD amp, it had a great sound for the price, but my Mirage M5si speakers are power hogs, they would have blown it up. As it is, my 200W Adcom 555II barely keeps up with them.

LudavicoSoldier
08-31-2004, 10:46 PM
Anyhow, back the the main topic. Def. check one of these out if you are looking for a spring conversion!