PDA

View Full Version : Music that makes you POP!?

Battlewear
08-29-2004, 08:39 AM
Hey Guys and Girls.

Well.. A few weeks ago I did my first video for PAG in Edmonton. It was a 10 minute video using themed songs to compliment the theme of the game (a Viet Nam theme).. Any ways, people really seemed to like the video...
I really enjoyed doing it but now I want to look into doing more.. I am looking at investing in a state of the art video camera for really good video and such..

As such I want to bring in different music to the video's. What music makes you want to pop? What music pumps you up?

Lets hear it all, who knows, maybe your choice will end up being the Theme music for the next video :)

On a side note, if you know of a local band or something that is looking for some exposure. Free music will ALWAYS get on a disc before regular music every time and the info for the band WILL be displayed at the end. The band MUST have MP3's or WMA's for me to use it (as I dont have a Ripper). I would prefer to help a new young band then some group that has already made millions of dollars from us all. So if you know a group, you are a group or what ever, let me know. I would be happy to talk to them..

:cool:

Blazingace
08-29-2004, 08:59 AM
It's good that you recognize that there is music rights. Trouble aplenty for the enterprising internet video make. Good for thought. I like heavy music. Bands like Hatebreed, E-town concrete, 40 below summer, chimaria ans stuff like that. Punk too like alkaline trio, new found glory, thrice and stuff like that. They all would sound great set to PB action IMO. Good luck.

vonort
08-29-2004, 09:05 AM
Heavy Metal. Black Sabbath, Rob Zombie, Megadeath, Tool, Judas Preist, Iron Maiden. Bands such as these get me fired up. :headbang:

FragTek
08-29-2004, 09:09 AM
Battlewear... I grew up in WA with an uprising band called Five Foot Thick, a few of you may have heard of them. They are currently with Eclipse Records, which some of you may also be familiar with if you have been a long time Mushroomhead fan such as myself, because this is the label that took Mushroomhead to the top floor.

They're always looking for some exposure and if you'd like to use their music go for it, they love getting there name known!

Here's a track off of the new album to get ya goin': Five Foot Thick - Unfounded (http://www.fragtek.com/music/Five_Foot_Thick-Unfounded.mp3)

Anyhow here are a few of my favorite bands:

Mushroomhead
In Flames
Five Foot Thick
Soundgarden
Clutch
Prong

Just to name a few.

decimator4
08-29-2004, 10:36 AM
OK well i might be alone here, but to me it seems like you have to have "bodies" by drowning pool. And I guess Down with the Sickness by disturbed would be a good song too.

ShaftyMcGee
08-29-2004, 11:29 AM
Rage Against the Machine

pbfreak010
08-29-2004, 12:17 PM
brand new, taking back sunday, thursday, thice, AK Trio, some others

OysterBoy
08-29-2004, 12:40 PM
Rage Against the Machine

Agreed.

I found a song that was by a band I dont really like, but the actual song was excellent.

Voices of Violence - Billy Talent *Ducks flaming car* :headbang:

Adrenaline_Junkie
08-29-2004, 12:42 PM
Any good rock music, mostly hard rock.

slade
08-29-2004, 12:45 PM
Heavy Metal. Black Sabbath, Rob Zombie, Megadeath, Tool, Judas Preist, Iron Maiden. Bands such as these get me fired up. :headbang:
sounds good. you forgot drowning pool though :D

Muzikman
08-29-2004, 12:46 PM
Is it me, or at first look does the topic look like "Music that makes you POOP"?:)

Blackice7
08-29-2004, 12:47 PM
Wow, why does no one know of the best heavy metal band ever? ...... Rammstein. Rammstein is hands down the best heavy metal band, ever.

tony3
08-29-2004, 12:50 PM
Slipknot-My Plague

dwab3000
08-29-2004, 01:07 PM
first off, not everyone likes rammstein

next off RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE...zak de la rocha is the best vocals ive heard, and next to tom morrelos guitar work its amazing

penguinpunk555
08-29-2004, 01:12 PM
Hardcore,and metal.

Punk sometimes.

Wolfen
08-29-2004, 01:23 PM
Gotta go with Static-X

And mostly everything hardcore: Spineshank, System of a Down, Union Underground, Prodigy, Quarashi, just to name a few

I say start off with "Firestarter" by Prodigy, go into "Stick 'em Up" by Quarashi, but that's just me

mixwell2
08-29-2004, 01:30 PM
Jungle and Tech-Step.
The Ramones
Jimi Hendrix

emags4ever
08-29-2004, 01:47 PM
Matalica and linkin park are good :cheers:

ojhspyro89
08-29-2004, 02:34 PM
hm lets see here

How about

Breaking Benjamin
Disturbed stuff like liberate, good song but never seen it in a pb vid
Godsmack
GWAR's Immortal Corruptor, its awsome listen to it like really loud.
Some Led Zepplin to change it up
Floyd would be perfect for slow motion scenes :)
Nirvanas allways good
Smile empty soul's bottom of the bottle
Stone Temple pilots for sure they have some pretty good stuff
Some trapt mabye

I just went down my blubster thing and picked some out that are pretty good.

FallNAngel
08-29-2004, 02:59 PM
Klank - Still Suffering - Animosity
Klank - Numb - Blind
Spine Shank - The Height of Callousness - Synthetic
Fear Factory - Demanufacture - Demanufacture

I'm sure I could make a much larger list if I spend more than a min or two

AnArchist_1944
08-29-2004, 03:57 PM
hey iam from edmonton to lol

TraXeR
08-29-2004, 04:10 PM
I'd really like to see a paintball video made with one of these songs, I think they work fairly well. Mostly for XBall, and alot of bunkering action.

Duality - Slipknot
Out of Control - Hoobastank
Doomsayer - Hatebreed

OysterBoy
08-29-2004, 04:18 PM
I agree with the Duality suggestion. Find a clean, live version and you have a winner (When corey taylor preformed all the vocals in the same tone of voice, that was amazing)

dwab3000
08-29-2004, 04:41 PM
i have a clean live version of a local band...if you want it i cna dig it up....they are punk...

TraXeR
08-29-2004, 04:55 PM
I agree with the Duality suggestion. Find a clean, live version and you have a winner (When corey taylor preformed all the vocals in the same tone of voice, that was amazing)

Yeah.. it really is a great pball song :). Thanks for the back up.