PDA

View Full Version : Twist lock ULE bodies?

Stealthgerbil
08-29-2004, 11:39 AM
Are there any twistlock ULE bodies? I have a twist lock barrel, and I dont want to have to buy a new barrel if I were to get a ULE body.

Muzikman
08-29-2004, 11:40 AM
No, there are not. All ULE bodies are cocker threaded. All twist lock bodies are Stainless Steel.

_tMAN
08-29-2004, 11:56 AM
you can find some cheap cocker threaded barrels. There are usually some $15-$20 barrels floating around the classifieds

shades
08-29-2004, 12:16 PM
I hear you I have six twist lock barrels. But the point to having a ult body is to lighten things up and a twist lock barrel just adds weight. If you are commiting to a ult body then you have a mulitutde of new a used expensive and cheap barrels to choose from. Most are much cheaper tha any twist lock. I just keep using my twist lock body. It is all personal preference and only saves you a few ounces.

AGDlover
08-29-2004, 12:59 PM
in the dealers fourm somewhere a AO member known as Rick somethan does twistlock-cocker convershions he did my barrel see if you can find his post and he should be able to help you out

Enemy
08-30-2004, 05:44 AM
number one reason why agd doesnt use twistlock barrels any more is cuz the barrels would interfere with the now larger bolt head for the lvl 10 and there was no way to control that since barrel manufactures werent going to be consistant enough! or thats just what tom said i believe and as well as what i have expereinced.