PDA

View Full Version : Witch is better Minimag or automag rt

paintballotaku
10-24-2001, 02:39 PM
I was just curious because i have 2 guys wanting to sell me there guns, one being a minimag and another being an automag rt.Whats the real differences.And are there any bad things about either marker?

MicrOMag
10-24-2001, 02:42 PM
Well, say the RT Valve is only worth about 200 more then the minimag valve :D . The RT valve recharges way faster so you can shoot faster + the trigger bounces back into place making it shoot faster. The automag rt if its like the same price is a better deal, unless the minimag is real sweet and the automag just has the RT valve...if that makes sense

Gunga
10-24-2001, 02:53 PM
You can upgrade the Minimag (or an Automag) to the RT's performance levels by purchasing a ReTroValve (about $250-275). The RetroValve simply swaps out with the standard MiniMag/Automag valve. More info on the RetroValve can be found at: http://www.airgun.com/Retro.html

Naturally, this all depends on how much they want for the two guns in question. :)

Manuel_FZR
10-24-2001, 02:57 PM
If I should coose, I would defenitly buy the RT ... but I would never sell my Mini :D

TheTramp
10-24-2001, 03:02 PM
The only way the Mini would be as good as the RT is if it had a Retro valve in it. Like mine! :p

Xzion
10-24-2001, 05:43 PM
Another note, the Automag RT will ONLY run off of Compressed Air or Nitro, it will NOT run on C02. Running it in CO2 will void the warrenty I believe. the A.I.R. valves that come stock with the 68AutomaG and MinimaG will both run on Compressed Air/Nitro AND CO2.

MicrOMag
10-24-2001, 06:28 PM
Good point...I think we all assumed too much and overlooked that

DarkPhoenix
10-24-2001, 09:21 PM
I believe it all depends on your needs and, of course, the amount of money you are willing to spend. I like the performance capabilities that the RT/RT Pro/E-mag/Retro valve offers me, even if I will rarely use or even tax those capabilities. If I was looking for good value at a good/cheap price, I would definitely go for the minimag because of the cheaper upgradability path that could lead you to the RT/etc path anyway. Choose what is best for you and your monetary situation. Think it through before you buy and do your research!

Xzion
10-24-2001, 10:25 PM
the way I figure it, I state things, even if a person may or may not be informed on certian aspects, as they say, its better to be safe than sorry... I know id rather have someone tell me something I already knew, assuming I didnt know, and potentially save me time and money from ignorance. I try to do the same favor to others. :D