PDA

View Full Version : Does A Mech X Valve Warrent a Halo?

Magglerock
08-29-2004, 02:24 PM
I'm going to get a new loader, but I find the HAlo to be to large and bulky, so I was looking at the Frontman. Is the Frontman fast enough to keep-up with a x? And I'm not talking about theoreticals ("The X can shoot 22 bps blah blah blah"); its nearly impossible to fan a mech X (until/if the hAir comes out), so I don't see hitting speeds in excess of 10-12 bps. However, I am concerned about blow-back. Will I experience blow-back if I don't use a forced-fed hopper?

Blazestorm
08-29-2004, 03:29 PM
If you HAVE to shoot over 12bps, get a Halo-B

Otherwise REVY REVY REVY.

soccer4minimags
08-29-2004, 03:34 PM
what do you mean its impossible to fan an x valve trigger. I regularly fan over 13 on mine.

Well for some people a halo would be a good choice of a loader, if you want to take your mag to the top of its capabilities.

On the other hand, it doesn't sound like you're too confident of YOURabilities and it doesn't sound like you are really going to push that mag.

So no, don't get a halo

gibby
08-29-2004, 03:42 PM
what do you mean its impossible to fan an x valve trigger. I regularly fan over 13 on mine.

Well for some people a halo would be a good choice of a loader, if you want to take your mag to the top of its capabilities.

On the other hand, it doesn't sound like you're too confident of YOURabilities and it doesn't sound like you are really going to push that mag.

So no, don't get a halo
It's possible that he's getting the terms mixed up between fanning and walking the trigger.

jayloo
08-29-2004, 03:54 PM
Here is my 2 cents. I use a halo on my tac1. All of the revies I have owned have all broken. I am sick of buying shells and lids. The feed necks on the shells berak all the time.

Although a Halo is heavier than a revie it is not a heavy loader. The Halo is built of strong durable materials. You will not bread the feedneck. The lid may break but it is more durable than the revie and evolution.

It comes down to how much $ u have to spend and how many shells u want to buy in the future.

BTW, I currently own 2 Holo B's and 2 12v revies. The revies will be posted for sale soon in the classifides.

Wc Keep
08-29-2004, 04:22 PM
i tried using a mech mag with a norise body and a revvy and all i did was have level 10 kick in and chop.

Magglerock
08-29-2004, 04:24 PM

So no, don't get a halo

I meant "walking". As for "taking to the top of its capabilities" (whatever that means), I don't know anyone who can walk a mech-mag, so I don't know why you would need a Halo. What I was asking, and your flame didn't answer, is will I experice blow-back with a non-force-fed loader. Last time I checked, flames weren't appreciated around here, so if you can't answer my question, why not just stfu?

WenULiVeUdiE
08-29-2004, 04:28 PM
I use a frontman TSA on mine. I've never had any problems with it. It misfeeds somtimes, but not enough to make a difference. The tilt sensing is really nice though. I've never had a feeding problem when the gun is tilted. It's about the price of a revvy, and well worth it.

Magglerock
08-29-2004, 04:31 PM
Here is my 2 cents. I use a halo on my tac1. All of the revies I have owned have all broken. I am sick of buying shells and lids. The feed necks on the shells berak all the time.

Although a Halo is heavier than a revie it is not a heavy loader. The Halo is built of strong durable materials. You will not bread the feedneck. The lid may break but it is more durable than the revie and evolution.

It comes down to how much $ u have to spend and how many shells u want to buy in the future.

BTW, I currently own 2 Holo B's and 2 12v revies. The revies will be posted for sale soon in the classifides.

My issue isn't with the wieght, its the size. I'd like to use a smaller loader. Did you expereince blow-back with your revies?

warbeak2099
08-29-2004, 04:38 PM
Fanning is the best way to give the bunkers on your field a nice new coating of paint. Otherwise you're not going to hit anything. It's the stupidest thing you can do and it's just embarrasing seeing some kid fan while playing.

Now, if you're getting a mech mag with an x-valve remember that you can sweetspot it to pretty high rof's. If you plan on doing this (may need an adjustable tank), then you may want a faster loader than a Revvy. A HALO B, Reloader B or Qloader are probably the best 3 loaders on the market. Even if you aren't going to shoot that fast, don't waste money on a Viewloader. At least get a HALO TSA or Ricochet. Both are way more reliable and feed more consistantly. I've had a Xboarded Revvy, Ricochet 2k, and Qloader. I was shooting at about 10-13bps and my Revvy wasn't feeding consistantly enough, I was dry firing a lot. Then it started breaking all the time (shells). Finally I got a Ricochet. When I got my mag I went for the Qloader since I knew I was going to be shooting fast and the Q has some nice other advantages. But anyway, almost anything in the $40-70 price range is superior to a Revvy. Try a couple loaders out on your mag first. Then pick which one you like best. That's the smartest way to purchase equipment.

matt-o
08-29-2004, 04:41 PM
id suggest either an evo 2 or a ricochet apache

personman
08-29-2004, 04:50 PM
I used a revy on mine for a while, and it worked fine. I got a warp feed though, and it works awesome now. LX gets rid of alot of blowback so I wouldnt worry about that. It also eliminates chopping too of corse so you should be fine with a revy or similar hopper.

Sac
08-29-2004, 06:52 PM
a revvy on a mech X is going to be fine, if your really worried get a JMJ impeller to speed it up a bit, thats what i use on my backup mag.

i_baked_cookies
08-29-2004, 07:06 PM
i have an evo2 and it works fine. never had a problem, and you cant push balls back up into it very easily.

Adrenaline_Junkie
08-29-2004, 07:11 PM
Yeah, Evo 2's are great. I have an extra one for sale if anyones interested.

Lee
08-29-2004, 08:32 PM
get a re loader for a mech mag. thats all you need and they aren't as cheaply made as revvys. they spin with each shot fired so you have a continuos stack in the feedneck.

Magglerock
08-31-2004, 12:59 PM
Fanning is the best way to give the bunkers on your field a nice new coating of paint. Otherwise you're not going to hit anything. It's the stupidest thing you can do and it's just embarrasing seeing some kid fan while playing.

Now, if you're getting a mech mag with an x-valve remember that you can sweetspot it to pretty high rof's. If you plan on doing this (may need an adjustable tank), then you may want a faster loader than a Revvy. A HALO B, Reloader B or Qloader are probably the best 3 loaders on the market. Even if you aren't going to shoot that fast, don't waste money on a Viewloader. At least get a HALO TSA or Ricochet. Both are way more reliable and feed more consistantly. I've had a Xboarded Revvy, Ricochet 2k, and Qloader. I was shooting at about 10-13bps and my Revvy wasn't feeding consistantly enough, I was dry firing a lot. Then it started breaking all the time (shells). Finally I got a Ricochet. When I got my mag I went for the Qloader since I knew I was going to be shooting fast and the Q has some nice other advantages. But anyway, almost anything in the $40-70 price range is superior to a Revvy. Try a couple loaders out on your mag first. Then pick which one you like best. That's the smartest way to purchase equipment.

Thanks for a useful answer. I have a Q, but I just can't get it to work reliabily. I think I'll sell it and pick-up a TSA.

68magOwner
08-31-2004, 02:09 PM
depends if your shooting style warrents a halob, not the marker, ive seen halos on mech spyders, and grav feeds on high end electro's (actuallly, that was on my own gun :p ) anyway, depends, chances are, lvl 10 isnt gonna chop, so, even if you do shoot to fast, not a big deal

logamus
08-31-2004, 02:11 PM
i am a big fan of the halo and i suggest anyone that owns their own marker should own a halo too.

SpecialBlend2786
09-01-2004, 01:01 AM
Yeah, get an Empire Reloader for a mech mag. I have one and it has done nothing short of impress me. Strong shells, good battery life, fast, reliable loading, and a very good price (about $45). Feeds with every shot (sound activated) and has an auto-shutoff system.

magmonkey
09-02-2004, 07:01 PM
A halo is not that much bigger than any other hopper, if you look at them side by side
I would go with one over any other hopper on the market they just work for me

magmonkey
09-02-2004, 07:09 PM
A halo is not that much bigger than any other hopper, if you look at them side by side

68magOwner
09-02-2004, 08:33 PM

as a halo user who has owned almost every hopper, or at least used it, no, the halo isnt that much bigger, but it is heavier, particularly twoards the from (batteries) which is why people need rail drops or even reverse drops to balance their setups

matt-o
09-02-2004, 09:00 PM
id say that the ricochet apache was designed specifically for RTs if i didnt know better