PDA

View Full Version : Whoi has the fastest -cycling valve now?

Magglerock
08-29-2004, 02:26 PM
AGD used to claim that the RT Valve was the fast-cycling valve on the market (27 cps or something like that). Now many claim valves that cycle in the high 30's, and some in the 40's. So who has the fastest cycling valve now?

GT
08-29-2004, 02:47 PM
I dont think it is a question of "valve" rather whole gun cps or just the reg. Most of the time we are talking about the whole gun.

Last i checked the fastest is a WAS Viking...

Deltree
08-29-2004, 02:49 PM
also it depends on the input i believe if you put 2000 psi into an xvalve it will cycle like 45 cps

Magglerock
08-29-2004, 02:56 PM
also it depends on the input i believe if you put 2000 psi into an xvalve it will cycle like 45 cps

I'm talking about fastest under normal opperating parameters.

RRfireblade
08-29-2004, 03:32 PM

Free cycle of a Mag valve regardless of input pressure is ~32-33cps.

Pretty much any other pnuematic based system,Viking,Timmy,Angel ets, will be in the neighborhood 40cps. There all basically the same for aurgument sake.

Any decent blowback such as Spyder and it's clones will reach around 50cps and will basically be the fastest of any other system.

The ability for the air system(valve,reg,etc) to recharge fast enough to keep up with any particular markers max CPS is an entirely different story and one that really has yet to be fully tested by anyone in a reliable and controlled manner.

Beyond 30cps, it's pretty much only speculation and mathmatical assumption.

SpecialBlend2786
08-29-2004, 08:18 PM
Free cycle of a Mag valve regardless of input pressure is ~32-33cps.

Pretty much any other pnuematic based system,Viking,Timmy,Angel ets, will be in the neighborhood 40cps. There all basically the same for aurgument sake.

Any decent blowback such as Spyder and it's clones will reach around 50cps and will basically be the fastest of any other system.

The ability for the air system(valve,reg,etc) to recharge fast enough to keep up with any particular markers max CPS is an entirely different story and one that really has yet to be fully tested by anyone in a reliable and controlled manner.

Beyond 30cps, it's pretty much only speculation and mathmatical assumption.

shwing

FreakBaller12
08-29-2004, 09:03 PM
can you explain to me why the spyders are the fastest, but then are beginner guns :confused:

i_baked_cookies
08-29-2004, 09:06 PM
someone better make a super trigger pulling machine that pulls like 50 times a second and really test.

Kevmaster
08-29-2004, 09:25 PM
someone better make a super trigger pulling machine that pulls like 50 times a second and really test.

its really down around the low fourties....

but if you want to test, get a microphone and take a sound graph of it with the trigger frame off...just air up, pull back and let the bolt fly...thats as fast as it will go

scrumpy
08-29-2004, 10:20 PM
its really down around the low fourties....

but if you want to test, get a microphone and take a sound graph of it with the trigger frame off...just air up, pull back and let the bolt fly...thats as fast as it will go

That's not a reliable way to test out a spyder's (clone's) max cps though, as fireblade said tanks can't recharge fast enough.

Kevmaster
08-29-2004, 10:45 PM
you won't get full shots...but you will get enough of a noise for the first half dozen shots to get a pretty accurate CPS reading

nate2k191
08-29-2004, 11:30 PM
really, even if you could shoot 50 bps, thats a hopper gone in pretty much 2 seconds or less.. and i'd never wanna play like that. how fast the gun shoots isnt the major thing for me, i can play effectively with under 15 bps.

Steelrat
08-29-2004, 11:44 PM
The highest BPS I have seen is 31. Anyone seen anything higher?

Chojin Man
08-30-2004, 01:28 AM
where did you see a marker shooting 31 bps?

Dayspring
08-30-2004, 09:37 AM
The new PBX cocker with the mQvalve can. We have video that was independently verified by white wolf air-smithing.

We were 31+bps with paint.

Steelrat
08-30-2004, 11:26 AM
The video I saw was MY viking doing 31 bps ;). And I aint talking 31 bps over 3-4 shots, I mean dumping a whole Q pod (100 rnds) at a consistant 31 bps, verified by sound analysis. AND, that was with a stock setup I just made a little bouncey. When I get my hands on another viking, im going to up the LPR, which should speed it up. I'm hoping for 40 BPS.

The movies of my viking, and Z-man's mag that I just barely beat, are here (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=143483).

And that PBX aint bad, either. I mean, its not a viking, but it does okay ;)

GT
08-30-2004, 11:38 AM
And that PBX aint bad, either. I mean, its not a viking, but it does okay ;)

vikings> :headbang: