PDA

View Full Version : Knee boarding/wake boarding advice

Zumina
08-29-2004, 11:03 PM
Hey guys, long time no post.

Anyway, I've become tottally engrossed with knee/wake boarding this summer. I've become pretty proficient with both and would like to master one more trick before the summer ends. I already have spins, backwards, sideways down, but I can't seem to get more than 6" of air on both boards. I have a sufficient wake, just no enough speed. SO, how do I cross the wake with the maximum amount of speed possible without the boat doing an S curve?

Crighton
08-30-2004, 03:08 PM
You should be able to make a turn away from the wake, pull all the way out to one side of the wake as far as you can. Just as you start to loose speed and the line slacks up just a tad. Make a turn towards the wake, and then lean back and let the angle of the board and the tension of the line whip crack you across the wake. Most pro's use No stretch line as any stretch in your tow line will serious effect your ability to gain speed using the line tension. You should be able to get enough speed going that your aproaching the wake at "oh Holy $%^& speeds"

A tall ski-pilon or tower also helps with the amount of air you can pull. Your going to get more air from a tower than a tow eye 6" above the water line.