PDA

View Full Version : Chicago III - Playing nice - Seriously

Darkstorm
08-30-2004, 02:03 PM
All, one of the things to remember about this event it is for charity and everyone volunteers their time. The more this event is fun for everyone, the better it works out for AGD/MXS. For those of you so inclined here are somethings that I have found out that really help out new players.

- Ask people if they are new. They don't normally ask for help.

- Introduce them to people. Especially other new players.

- Teach them NOT to hide because getting hit in the mask does not hurt. Getting bunkered because you can't see someone coming does hurt.

- Help out on the field. New players get lost, confused, frustrated, someone taking a minute means a lot to them.

Gambit1106
08-30-2004, 04:06 PM
I try to do this most every time I play

Beemer
08-30-2004, 04:31 PM
S.O.P. for me to

Gazoo
08-30-2004, 05:32 PM
As do I at pretty much wherever I play.

Because if they don't like it, they won't be back, and we cant have that..........

Play fun, play hard and play fair......Oh yeah, and have fun! :dance:

SeeK
08-30-2004, 05:44 PM
We should all be doing this every time we play. I also tell them what they did wrong so it won't happen next time and they feel like they are better at the end of the day than when they began. This will make it more fun and encourage them to play again.

This is a big opportunity to introduce a lot of people to the game and help grow the sport. You may also want to make up some cards or carry paper so that you can give people some websites of local fields or even AO so they can find more info.

This will also be a way for them to find pics that will show up and that they can show off to their non playing friends.

ubooze
08-30-2004, 08:28 PM
I agree, SeeK does help newbies out. I can say that cause he helped me and my friend out on a cocker once.

I also try to inform people who live on hype, at least until they become stubborn and refuse to listen.

Glickman
08-30-2004, 08:57 PM
I agree, just talking to them to make small conversation makes them feel warm to paintball, possibly bringing another knuth, or gardner to the game....