PDA

View Full Version : V35, halo victory board?

soccer4minimags
08-30-2004, 04:59 PM
Has anybody purchased one of these yet. If so what are our thoughts, where'd you get it or how much was it.

elpimpo
08-30-2004, 05:05 PM
they are a lot faster, but ive heard of them burning out so im sticking with the stock board

xXHavokXx
08-30-2004, 05:08 PM
Simply Amazing, I've had mine for a while no problems.

-=Squid=-
08-30-2004, 05:11 PM
Where the crap can you buy these things?

LeatherPants
08-30-2004, 05:21 PM
I bought two as soon as they came out actually when they werepre released. Yes they are alot faster. I still have not had any problems with mine.

Some people have issues with balls being shoved past detents. Dropping the speed setting down one helps this.

On my Viking I run it at max and have not seen any problems.

Yes it is faster than a Reloader B BUT do you really need it? Let's not make this a debate on which is better. Let's keep this to information from people that actually have the V35.

The board does go through batteries faster but what do you expect. More speed needs more power so batteries drain faster. If you are going to complain about the meager cost of batteries stop playing or play pump.

Another tip is that disconnecting the battery holder from the Halo after you play helps. The board does pull charge when off.

If you really don't shoot that fast don't waste your money. Only reason I got it was that I play back. I shoot 7-13 pods I need consistent speed. Not saying that the Reloader or any of the other boards are consitent but the V35 really spins fast. On short bursts all Halo are the same since it is spring tension but I need something that just keeps spinning.

bambam
08-30-2004, 08:43 PM
Another tip is that disconnecting the battery holder from the Halo after you play helps. The board does pull charge when off.

Where you read or learn that??

I've been using a V35 for awhile, no issues (burnouts) thus far, and I keep the batteries connected for 2 weeks with no known drain issue...

Just curious.. ;)

LeatherPants
08-30-2004, 08:57 PM
Where you read or learn that??

I've been using a V35 for awhile, no issues (burnouts) thus far, and I keep the batteries connected for 2 weeks with no known drain issue...

Just curious.. ;)

Drain issues was something I noticed with mine and other friend's V35 boards. One thing you can check for yourself.

For example when you set you board at 6 blinks everytime you turn it on and off it will be 6 blinks BUT when ever you change your batteries it resets to 3 blinks and you have you reprogram it to 6. For me this was an obvious indication that the board uses some charge to save the settings.

Other than that it was just seeing how long batteries lasted from week to week. Now remember I shoot more than most people. An average day for me is 2 1/2 - 3 cases and on average that is 3 times a month. Batteries don't last me that long and I honestly don't like to hold on to batteries. The cost of new ones is off set by the chance of a hopper going down mid game.

I've never had a burnout either....no one i know has had one with the V35.

bambam
08-30-2004, 09:07 PM
An average day for me is 2 1/2 - 3 cases and on average that is 3 times a month.

DDDAAAAMMMNNNN....... :wow: :wow: :wow:

LeatherPants
08-30-2004, 09:12 PM
Sad isn't it. The life of a backplayer. :cry:

fire1811
08-30-2004, 09:52 PM
i have one in my halo.
great board but IMO not really worth the upgrade is you have a zcode board already.
reason being can you outshoot your halo now??? i doubt it

i had a older board with no zcode and wanted one with it, so i just got the victory.

one thing i really dont like is that when you unplug the battery pack it reverts back to original halo speed so you have to reprogram it back to where you want it.

other then that its great.

FragTek
08-30-2004, 09:59 PM
The v35 was the downfall to my Halo and was what forced me to sell my Halo all together and pursue alternate means of feeding my markers.

The v35 caused my loader to jam all the time, and it would suck down a fresh set of Duracell batteries in one outting.

If you haven't seen the videos of me hating on the Halo, you can check em out over at COG :)

I have recently purchased another Halo, but I will be sticking with the Zboard.

logamus
08-31-2004, 02:47 PM
i like my v35. the only thing that annoys me is the programming. on my zcode i could hold the power button down as long as i wanted and it would just turn on. with this, if you hold it down for more than a second it goes into programming mode and then you have to wait 10 or so seconds for it to leave programming. when you first get it, it might take some getting used to. if you never used a halo then i doubt that would be an issue for you.

zcode = solid
v35 = outstanding, but prolly not worth the 35 bucks to upgrade from zcode

oldsoldier
08-31-2004, 02:56 PM
I picked one up at IAO, and love it. On its highest setting, it sounds like an airplane :)

magmonkey
08-31-2004, 04:06 PM
we have some in stock
info@destructivecustoms.com

eadtf
08-31-2004, 05:01 PM
I just bought a new Halo Belt Drive for my X-Mag, should I upgrade to a victory board? On a test I did free flowing a full hopper 177 Balls took 10 seconds, so thats about 18 Balls a second. Would the victory board improve that?

FragTek
08-31-2004, 05:23 PM
You won't need anything more than Z-Code on your Halo as long as you don't have 4.0 (which was recalled) because 3.2 won't let you shoot any faster than the Halo can feed.