PDA

View Full Version : Bunk'd!

Steelrat
08-30-2004, 05:31 PM
Not sure if this is a repost, I tried a search with negative results.

Think nothing could be worse than the infamous "uhhhhh" Nerve ad? Think again!

BUNK'D! (http://www.kingman.com/section/media/bunkd/pages/bunkd.wmv)

RogueFactoryKid
08-30-2004, 05:40 PM
Thank you for unleashing the hell spawn of videos into AO, that was incredibly sad. :tard:

i_baked_cookies
08-30-2004, 05:44 PM
that was the absolute worst video ever. i want to kill myself and 20 other people now that ive seen that.

Blazingace
08-30-2004, 05:46 PM
Ghey..........just straight GHEY

FreakBaller12
08-30-2004, 05:48 PM
I'm speechless,I don't know if I want to kill myself, that guy or just wanting that 1:30 of my life back.....

dyeguy65
08-30-2004, 05:55 PM
wow...i wanna grow up and be JUST LIKE HIM!!!

homo to the max. i too would like the 1:30 of my life back

DG

Xyxyll
08-30-2004, 06:45 PM
wtf guys... I thought it was a creative video. Sure, it was pretty much lame, but most to nearly all advertisement videos are, what did you expect.

evan123
08-30-2004, 06:47 PM
That is why cool people start out with tippys. If a ref looked like that while playing, then he should get bunk'd and feel shame. What a ***** movie with a capital gayness.

Steelrat
08-30-2004, 06:47 PM
No, I'm pretty sure it was just lame. ;) But, it was creatively lame!

Bad_Dog
08-30-2004, 06:51 PM
technically he got goged... not bunk'd

quik
08-30-2004, 06:52 PM
I love this, this is such a good video :).

SPYDER IMAGINE!!!

AGD
08-30-2004, 06:58 PM
Yea, now I know why we are loosing the race to cooler guns like Spiders...

AGD

gc82000
08-30-2004, 06:58 PM
That was the corniest Vid I have yet to see on AO. And that was not creative it is a rip off of punk'd. And he did not even get bunkered he was gogged. but thank it was not actually Krutcher doing it.

Steelrat
08-30-2004, 07:04 PM

AGD

No no, its spyder, because using a y instead of the i is agg ;)

In all seriousness, I didn't post the video to mock spyders, they're fine guns, and good ness knows spyder users have shot me out before. Its just funny that there really is a target audience this will appeal to. If there is one thing the paintball industry has proved, its that quality and durability are not important selling points. Looks and style are much more important to the average paintball player. Form over function.

lord1234
08-30-2004, 07:30 PM
i am speechless...

jayloo
08-30-2004, 07:38 PM
That was a waste of bandwidth http://www.jayloo.com/files/smilies/biggthumpdown.gif

crankydan
08-30-2004, 07:42 PM
WOW, those guys have to be Pro's, and did you check out that marker. I have to get me one. :wow:

penguinpunk555
08-30-2004, 07:49 PM
Meh.

Onryou
08-30-2004, 08:02 PM
look at those mad skillz on brendan. wish i could move and bunk like a pro. :rolleyes:

Link44
08-30-2004, 08:06 PM
i think i'm gonna throw up :tard:

Xyxyll
08-30-2004, 08:09 PM
No no, its spyder, because using a y instead of the i is agg ;)

In all seriousness, I didn't post the video to mock spyders, they're fine guns, and good ness knows spyder users have shot me out before. Its just funny that there really is a target audience this will appeal to. If there is one thing the paintball industry has proved, its that quality and durability are not important selling points. Looks and style are much more important to the average paintball player. Form over function.

I wasn't in the least thinking you were mocking Spyders. I just thought the vid was rather creative. Corny, but creative.

ghideon
08-30-2004, 08:53 PM
Was that a real Kingman ad? Or was it just some fools having fun?

No, I'm serious, which was it?

evo.end3R
08-30-2004, 08:57 PM

+1 that was a waste of time. and now i feel like i lost some brain cells. thanks.

deathstalker
08-30-2004, 08:59 PM

AGD
It took you this long to figure it out? I could have told you YEARS ago that you're losing because Kingman makes reliable, cheap, upgradeable markers and dares to tell the world about them through advertisements! I wonder which company is making money hand over fist: Kingman or AGD?

Based on the comments in this thread, I am again shocked people think AO is different from other forums like PBN. :rolleyes:

BlackWeenie
08-30-2004, 09:28 PM
you guys had better stop making fun of this vid or i'll send out my army of brendan clones to bunk you all with the NEW Spyder Imagine from Kingman.

paintballer20
08-30-2004, 10:29 PM
Was that a real Kingman ad? Or was it just some fools having fun?

No, I'm serious, which was it?

im with him. which one was it? This is just my 2 cents, but I think that was just ghastly awful, I wanted to close it but I just couldn't I had to see how bad it could get! Awww man that made me miss the begining of the Tonight show, DAMN THAT VIDEO!!!!

RTDynaflow
08-30-2004, 10:36 PM
*sigh*

I hope I never meet brandon or scott. I hope no one has to....

-Tab
08-30-2004, 10:53 PM
ahhh...yes. saw that one one pbvids.

horrible...simply horrible

pbzmag
08-30-2004, 10:57 PM
im with him. which one was it? This is just my 2 cents, but I think that was just ghastly awful, I wanted to close it but I just couldn't I had to see how bad it could get! Awww man that made me miss the begining of the Tonight show, DAMN THAT VIDEO!!!!

Sweet Jebus! It's from the Kingman site!

http://www.kingman.com/section/media/bunkd/index.html

Tyger
08-30-2004, 11:01 PM
As I said over on p8ntballer.com...

Here's the sad thing. Someone at Kingman said "Hey, this would be a cool idea!" And whoever that was convinced at least a dozen people (to procure funds, get actors, talk the PR department into it...) that it was a cool idea, and they said YES! Then they had to OK the final product, and you know they're looking at it and saying "Oh yes! This is going to get us SO much more buisness!"

Sometimes I wonder how some shows get on the FOX network, then I remember that someone who's unattached to the world thinks of these ideas, and has the connecitons to convince those in the positions to make it happen that it's "cool". Then the world sees it, 2 years after it's inception, and wonders "What were they thinking?!?!?"

All that said... "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot."

-Tyger

Steelrat
08-30-2004, 11:08 PM
"You got Bunk'd, yo!"

Enemy
08-30-2004, 11:23 PM
sad thing is i never saw the guy actually take the hit it looked like they took his mask off and shot it up then he put it back on between the cuts!! oh i am so totally saying that to the next guy i bunker.. its going to be all like "yo you got bunked yo"!! creative but redicously stupid.. it will sell to the newbs i garuntee it especially all of them that love ashton kutcher!!

angelpena
08-30-2004, 11:54 PM
Tom will you buy my gun back? I want to get the "NEW Spyder Imagine...... by Kingman!"

Big Weapons
08-30-2004, 11:58 PM
As if we didn't know Kingman made Imagines, they had to plug it about 20 times in their own commercial! GAH.

RTDynaflow
08-31-2004, 01:01 AM
Some kids are going to be in for a very big surprise when they take one of these to a field for the first time...

"whats that?"

"o its just a timmy"

"I got an Imagine, I'm gonna bunker yo!" :tard:

Eatem Alive
08-31-2004, 01:28 AM
lets just hope no kids take off their gogs right after getting hit or with loaded markers and uncovered barrels around.

dre1919
08-31-2004, 11:18 AM
Wow...that was just sad. It's like that Happy Bunny sticker where he goes "Hey, you made me throw up a little." See, I like the fact they were at least trying to do something creative for advertising...but c'mon! Who greenlighted this project? I would be ashamed to put something that goofy out that you know 75% of the paintball populace is going to mock. Amazing. Oh well, gooo Kingman!

:rolleyes:

Tyger
08-31-2004, 11:24 AM
Just a thought... In a way, didn't they achieve what they set out to do? They've got a LOT of websites talkign about their little "commercial". word of mouth advertizement is a good way to make your invested money work.

That being said, thye could have done better than spoof an Mtv spoof....

-Tyger

cpm666
08-31-2004, 02:54 PM
i thought it was funny, but in a "that was so terrible it was funny" sort of way :)

BobTheCow
08-31-2004, 05:53 PM
Just a thought... In a way, didn't they achieve what they set out to do? They've got a LOT of websites talkign about their little "commercial". word of mouth advertizement is a good way to make your invested money work."There's no such thing as bad publicity"...

Steelrat
08-31-2004, 08:04 PM
No one on any of these forums could be considered the target audience for this ad.

lonelymag
08-31-2004, 08:27 PM
It took you this long to figure it out? I could have told you YEARS ago that you're losing because Kingman makes reliable, cheap, upgradeable markers and dares to tell the world about them through advertisements! I wonder which company is making money hand over fist: Kingman or AGD?
Based on the comments in this thread, I am again shocked people think AO is different from other forums like PBN.

Deathstalkers got it. Although the cheap, very marketable markers aren't the path i want AGD going, i still want quality, but all you guys are bashing Kingman for doing something that obviously is helping them make money as well as helping the rest of us by exposing the game of paintball to more people. My problem with the video is that its clear no one who has ever played paintball was involved with making it. The safety measures are horrible and just the action isnt realistic.

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
08-31-2004, 08:56 PM
rofl :rofl:

Aliens-8-MyDad
09-01-2004, 12:18 AM
heh, i liked it. but were they really advertizing the new spyer imaggine... or making fun of it. atleast thats the impression i got.

RTDynaflow
09-01-2004, 12:36 AM
You guys are saying they are getting publicity.... Wait, what are the features on that gun? What was the name? Huh??? all I remember is kingman making a fool out of some actors....

But atleast they got us talking... :rolleyes:

dre1919
09-01-2004, 10:23 AM
It was a good ad in that "just like a car crash, I can't seem to look away" kind of way.

robdamanii
09-01-2004, 11:08 AM
That vid...
A)wasted my bandwidth
B)killed more braincells than a friday night at the bar and a pair of doobs afterwards
C)wasted 87 seconds of my life that I will never get back
D)made me (almost) a drooling tard
E)caused an excessive use of the "Whisky Tango Foxtrot" acronym while sitting at work (a bad thing).

Just proves my point that Kingman is going to hell in a handbasket.

DarkRipper
09-06-2004, 11:39 AM
Did you check out the crazy firepower as he rushed him!?!? MAN, I'd HATE to get in the way of a Spyder Imagine!! That was was what... 4bps??!?!? Gotta be trigger bounce!

rofl ;)

p8nt_junkie
09-06-2004, 11:59 AM
holy crap!
I was going to get either a DM4 or a Strange Impulse but now that i've seen this I'm getting a Spyder Imagine and a big 'ol crack rock; cause with that I'll can get bunk'd and f*k'd!
:wow:

evildead420
09-06-2004, 12:31 PM
lol,U GOT BUNK'D with my weak spyder :tard:

_tMAN
09-06-2004, 12:57 PM
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot alright, I want the last minute and 34 seconds of my life back

Ratzo
09-06-2004, 01:30 PM
Man that was so so sad!

MasonFootball89
09-06-2004, 01:35 PM
No, I'm pretty sure it was just lame. ;) But, it was creatively lame!

Yes I agree very creative but LAME
TIPPY! TIPPY! TIPPY! could kill that gun

I feel like going and Bunking someone what the heck is bunking.

I thought bunked meant bunkered

No one got bunkered

50 cal
09-06-2004, 04:30 PM
There was something ......... disturbing about that vid.

MonsterMag
09-06-2004, 04:35 PM
ok that was not "bunkering" that was running across a open field with a suky spyder Imagine :p

now anyone got a vid of acually "bunkering"? :D

:shooting:

Aiecc Ixi
09-11-2004, 10:57 PM
damn i whished i had read all the post about how dumb this video was BEFORE i watched it OMG :shooting: :wow: :mad:

Bulldog
09-11-2004, 11:52 PM
:tard:

Bobbyboy
09-12-2004, 02:46 AM

Based on the comments in this thread, I am again shocked people think AO is different from other forums like PBN. :rolleyes:

Dude did you watch that vid seriosly thats not gonna make them money in fact i dont think i'll ever buy a spyder now because that was just a hair away from being phisically painfull.
And if ya didnt watch it take my advice and dont it sucks. if they cant put any effort into their ads then i'll just assume they make markers the same way.

jctam
09-12-2004, 07:20 AM
argg :tard:

$tevo
09-12-2004, 09:38 AM
holy crap!! i gotta get me a spyder imagine!!!

lol thats hilarious

and to tell you the truth, i do think that it will bring in money. its a funny add, its not ment to be taking seriously, and some ppl will just go out and buy one and use it so when they bunker someone they will be like you just got Bunk'd!

TeamNausea
09-12-2004, 12:40 PM
I found that amazingly amusing but it was a bit GHEY

Bobbyboy
09-12-2004, 01:16 PM
holy crap!! i gotta get me a spyder imagine!!!

lol thats hilarious

and to tell you the truth, i do think that it will bring in money. its a funny add, its not ment to be taking seriously, and some ppl will just go out and buy one and use it so when they bunker someone they will be like you just got Bunk'd!

valid point i guess i really depends on if you think it was funny. i just think it sucked.
but if i ever get "Bunk'd" im gonna laugh soooo hard

<Echoes>
09-13-2004, 12:14 PM
Next time I get hit in the goggles multiple times I'm going to go up to the person who hit me and say: "Aw, is that the new spyder imagine!"

But really, it is a pretty silly/cheesy advertisement...but as previously stated, it's working as an advertisement. I can imagine plenty new players saying, "wow, I want to bunk someone!"

ZEROorDIE
09-13-2004, 02:46 PM
***drooling***must get spyder imagine by kingman***drooling***

running through open fields
:ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

brianlojeck
09-13-2004, 06:46 PM
remember guys, if we generate 3 pages of bullplop talking about it, and if we remember it for a long time, it was a good ad.

the only bad ads are the ones you forget quickly.

Steelrat
09-13-2004, 07:47 PM
No, you forgot the second part of that. The ad has to actually generate sales. Popularity of an ad does not necessarily translate to increased sales.

camilion705
09-13-2004, 08:24 PM
A newb is flipping channels and comes accross a Super 7 event on Fox Sports and sees people shooting guns that are seemingly full-auto. They think, "Thats awesome! I want one like that!" Then that ad comes on... I wonder what they would think? Yes it is flashy which is what a lot of newbs want, but the gun doesnt seem to shoot fast, so logically they arent going to want a Spyder Imagine.

If we want paintball on TV with a bigger company like ESPN, pball companies are gonna need to make some better ads...

RTDynaflow
09-13-2004, 11:41 PM
Like Steelrat said... the fact that all of us keep this thread alive does in no way relate to the fact that the ad was succesful. IMO, they didn't make any real effort to promote how this spyder is better then the last. That ad accomplished very little. Show of hands, how many of us will buy this gun? Sure, a group of people who have played for years and have more money in markers then in their cars is not exactly the target audience.

So I ask; what is in this commercial that will make a new player decide gun A over gun B? When was it that people would buy a product just because it was on tv? That isn't even hype, it's nothing. Atleast SP had their socialy inept head tech try and hype their nerve. Kingman just paid some actors, who have obviously never played paintball, to run around a field with their latest marker.

What I found in the commercial?
It is a Spyder
It is an elctro-pneumatic of some sort
It doesn't shoot paint fast enough to warrant an agitated/force fed hopper
It is made by Kingman
Kingman is a company who spent too much on a commercial to bring in sales from the point of ignorance and stupidity
Kingman needs to fire the idiot in marketing who thought this one up

No, I'm pretty sure it was just lame. Creative? Good thing MTV doesn't think like SP, or someone would be screaming prior art. :rolleyes:

[/rant]

robdamanii
09-14-2004, 07:39 AM
It is a Spyder
It is an elctro-pneumatic of some sort
It doesn't shoot paint fast enough to warrant an agitated/force fed hopper
It is made by Kingman
Kingman is a company who spent too much on a commercial to bring in sales from the point of ignorance and stupidity
Kingman needs to fire the idiot in marketing who thought this one up
[/rant]

Yep, it's a spyder.
Nope, its an electrically actuated STBB (hybrid electro-mechanical).
It CAN, but that dude's fingers just aren't fast enough, and the trigger sucks anyway.
Yep
Yep
Or beat him to death.

gc82000
09-14-2004, 09:10 AM
Why do I get the feeling that some idiots who saw that comercial are gonna go light up a park now.

Enos Shenk
09-14-2004, 09:14 AM
It is hilarious, but i dont think it tops the Lindows flash movie in terms of horribleness.

Edit: Told you it was worse: http://www.trikster.homelinux.org/movies/LindowsRock.swf

RTDynaflow
09-14-2004, 12:56 PM
Nope, its an electrically actuated STBB (hybrid electro-mechanical).

Eh semantics, thats what I meant to say. ;)

Enos Shenk, I am truly frightened. Close, but Lindows doesn't quite reach the level of stupidity that Kingman did. I give them 1 dancing bananna for effort ---> :dance: <---

Lindows :confused: :argh: :(
Bunk'd :shooting: :tard: :spit_take

Ipb_Orracle27
09-28-2004, 09:22 PM
ROFL that was the stupidest thing i've ever seen.... "I don't wanna fight" haha whatta douche that's almost as bad as the spider pilot we see at the shop every weekend..

justjoshin590
09-28-2004, 10:01 PM
so where did you get ghey from?

paintgirl66
09-28-2004, 10:04 PM
oh man i saw that vid a long time ago (kingman forums) and it's still just as stupid. what idiots.... oh yea... i rrreaally want to buy that now..... :rolleyes:

Steelrat
09-29-2004, 12:54 AM
Ahhh, it just won't die. Why, oh why, did I post it in the first place!?!?!?

Wheelman
09-29-2004, 07:09 AM
we are all dumber for having seen that... I award you no points, and may god have mecy on your soul.

thank you :headbang: