PDA

View Full Version : cocker question

SPECIAL_K_06
08-30-2004, 05:45 PM
Is a gen-x 3 cocker a better buy over the new 2004 verts?

punkncat
08-30-2004, 05:53 PM
In resale I think you would find them both about the same. The gen 3 only has a slider. Even though its fast , most folks prefer the hinge. The gen will have better regs than the WGP will. I think the WGP may be lighter , my Gen 3 was a tank. The milling is nice on the genx 3 , but the newest WGP milling looks good too.

Heck I would say get the one that feels good in your hands.

SCpoloRicker
08-30-2004, 06:25 PM
Stick with WGP.

ANS has a very mixed reputation. Some have had good experience, some bad. Many competent cocker devotees will tell you that stock 2k3 cockers are "good enough" as is. Much of the aftermarket in cocker parts is not much of an improvement over stock parts. Exceptions abound; freeflow, palmers, and other custom shops put out top-quality stuff. But it's quite possible you'd never notice.

I'd also point you towards buying used. Cocker resale is (to put it nicely) not the best in the world.

So, I'd recommend buying a used 2k3/2k4 cocker. Only diff is prettier preus (chrome!) on 2k4.

I just so happen to have a black unmodded 2k3 thats for sale... lmk if you want to know more.

Ricker

Destructo6
08-30-2004, 11:22 PM
PaintballAce/Paintball Gateway has 2003 Autocockers for $230 (green) and $240 (blue), assuming you're not dead set on a 2004.

I wouldn't say a Genx3 is any better than a WGP 2003/4.

black tri star
08-31-2004, 12:07 AM
keep you GX3 even though it is older than a VF 2k4 the standard parts are a whole lot better than the standard parts on a WGP VF if you want better performance out of you cocker just buy new internals and your cocker will feel like a whole new gun. i suggest maddcocker.com or shore paintball supplies.com they both sell the nexus kit for cheap, besides coming from a wgp owner ANS seems to put out a little higher quality. you could also put a double trigger on the GX3, as i recall they only came with a single slide. The cocker is the most upgradable gun on the marker so the upgrades I could list could go on for a while, but when all is said and done, dollar for dollar you will have a finer gun if you just invest a bit more money in the one you have :shooting: :headbang: